[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

So many here are positive about the Beta 9. I think it is {censored}. There is a serious problem with the root user; it is totally crippled. For instance I installed Kaspersky Internet Security could not get it to work . Decided to uninstall it. Then remnants remained in the SystemExtentions folder and these were not possible to remove because of the @ attribute that is added to the permissions. So you have to go in Recovery to remove them. In my opinion this is either a bug or Apple is slowly but certainly putting a lock on our beloved OS. Knowing Apple probably the last.

Does anyone here know a way to restore the root user to its full glory?

And another thing I have noticed is that csrutil disable command does not work. In Recovery it tells SIP is disabled. But after a restart the system tells me otherwise. I am so fed up with this that I will put beta 8 back because this is costing me my whole weekend.

Edited by BarryBar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Guys, why are you all tell about SIP “enable” or “disable”? Who is the source of confusion? Are you really think there are only two states? If you are hackintoshers then you should know basics.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Guys, why are you all tell about SIP “enable” or “disable”? Who is the source of confusion? Are you really think there are only two states? If you are hackintoshers then you should know basics.

really...you think guys that using BETA O.S., know some basics?!... much of them use beta os'es only for say "i'm the first in my town to use it, i'm da boss!"...  LoL 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

really...you think guys that using BETA O.S., know some basics?!... much of them use beta os'es only for say "i'm the first in my town to use it, i'm da boss!"...  LoL 🤣

Well I don't have such ego fortunately 😇 @Slice 's post did make me think however how I'm going about and it is likely that I have messed stuff up that is why things are not behaving like they should. Instead of blaming a Beta OS

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, Slice said:

I don't know what Opencore means. Clover do this automatically. AFAIK it should not be zero.

ok, is there a way block annoying "Problem reporter" from System/Library/CoreServices?

9 hours ago, BarryBar said:

Well I don't have such ego fortunately 😇 @Slice 's post did make me think however how I'm going about and it is likely that I have messed stuff up that is why things are not behaving like they should. Instead of blaming a Beta OS

it's not related in particular to you my post... but ok...no one here accept some kind of joke...right...not problem. 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:45 AM, PoMpIs said:

Updated my alader lake with no problems...

1945246247_Capturadepantalla2022-09-27alas23_40_14.png.c7f5a0ae8e0a62767563ec8ab61a6c6f.png

Beta 8 for me was already totally stable, and everything worked very well for me, I didn't even turn it off anymore

1980446878_Capturadepantalla2022-09-27alas20_55_28.png.bda67616b51ae3d44a468d58e1bbaf5f.png

👍

Thanks for your sharing of your EFI which can boot to Ventura in my AlderLake hackintosh without KP now.

But I can not find my internal HDD/SSD.

Any error in my config.plist ?

config.plist

[Solved]

1. No error in my config.plist

2. Need disable VMD in BIOS and after reboot I found internal HDD and NVME M2 device now !

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 11.25.18.png

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 11.26.36.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I'm late to the update frenzy. up date went well for me to 13.0 Beta (22A5358e) on the Z690 Hack. try the z97 hack tomorrow

Can you share your config.plist for Z690 to me to debug why my internal HDD/SSD can not be used ?

• Like 1

No issues here as well with upgrading 1 x Haswell 1 x Skylake  and 2 x Comet Lake hacks to OC 0.8.5 as well as to Ventura Beta 10 (22A5365d),

total duration 80 minutes.

greetings Henties 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Henties said:

No issues here as well with upgrading 1 x Haswell 1 x Skylake  and 2 x Comet Lake hacks to OC 0.8.5 as well as to Ventura Beta 10 (22A5365d),

total duration 80 minutes.

greetings Henties 

You had to spoof the Mac model? I'm using MacBookPro11,4 as always but I'm not receiving updates in Systems Settings...

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your valuable contributions here and to the Developers for another flawless OC release (0.8.5)!  My unattended upgrade from Ventura Beta 9 to Ventura Beta 10 completed without issues using my OC 0.8.5 [Release] EFI posted here.

Only a couple of issues to report:

• I lost my configured printers and needed to re-add them after the upgrade (not a big deal)
  • For @Sherlocks, @Moviemakergr and everyone else (except maybe for @D3v1L 😂), Fat32 write is still not fixed
  • I continue to disable "Share Mac Analytics" after the upgrade (System Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements)

About this Mac: Ventura Beta 10: CoffeeLake / UHD630

Spoiler

435241900_Screenshot2022-10-04at2_52_20PM.png.b1e190a0a23510474243de883387d1f3.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

For those who were disabling BluetoolFixup in order to get the smaller update version to install, this update did not require that it be disabled.

I don't know man, I had to disable it before the first stage install would complete then the installation completed.

Spoiler

1396944320_Screenshot2022-10-04at21_05_17.png.00da1f8f0ccaadad8887b787f24e27de.png

• Like 6
  • Confused 1