[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, miliuco said:

Photos hasn't be fixed yet for AMD and Nvidia, only for Intel iGPUs. Posted in the discord by a developer. My iMac has Skylake + AMD Radeon R9.

What problems do you guys have with Photos? Mine seems to be working fine, and I am using a Radeon 5700 XT with no IGPU and MacPro7,1 smbios.

@Common_Sense

Are you talking about a real Mac? My post was directed to "OCLP 0.5.0 alpha testers in real Mac".

Requisites: a real Mac that has lost support for Ventura + OpenCore Legacy Patcher 0.5.0 alpha + Ventura beta 7 + root Patch applied by OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

In this way, Ventura can be installed and graphic acceleration is got. But Photos won't open, crashing while starting, something Metal related. It happens in Macs with NVIDA or AMD GNC families. It has been fixed in Macs iGPU-only.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, asdesoso said:

Currently in Monterey all is working fine, included the HD4600, as it is native, with full acceleration.

I dind´t change any setting in my BIOS since a long time ago, if I remember I am using the same BIOS settings from El Capitan, that was the first macOS I was installed into my GA-B85M-D3H.

These settings are working fine from El Capitan to Monterey, and yes, I have the correct platform-id (0x0D220003) and also SIP setted to this value (0xEF0F0000).

I tried a lot of configurations, the HD 4600 and one Kepler GT 730 that have into my house, the curious case is about this mac, recognizes my HD 4600 1536 MB, and also the monitor info, but acceleration isn´t working properly.

Cheers.

Can you post your HD4600 metal score by Geekbench 4 to prove whether it got hardware acceleration or not.

My score is 14655. Unfortunately it may crash by Geekbench 5.

HD4600-Metal.gb4

• Like 1

Doesn't work for gt640 2g, probably from apple already cut from the support list?

Spoiler

729108553_2565-09-1716_48_49.thumb.png.86cc05561185a945a522c51e7f15f1bd.png

Spoiler

303340630_2565-09-1716_50_39.thumb.png.86b08e735a8bb9f800e31dffd6d2a01e.png

Edited by Cyberdevs
Please use Spoiler tool for long texts and image.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, naiclub said:

Doesn't work for gt640 2g, probably from apple already cut from the support list?

Hide contents

729108553_2565-09-1716_48_49.thumb.png.86cc05561185a945a522c51e7f15f1bd.png

Hide contents

303340630_2565-09-1716_50_39.thumb.png.86b08e735a8bb9f800e31dffd6d2a01e.png

If GeekBench can not detect your GPU as a visible device to bench that usually means this GPU was not properly patched by OCLP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mick3lson said:

Has anyone noticed if when write the EFI partition on usb pendrive is extremely slow. I tried to change pendrive but same thing. It' a bug of Ventura beta? It's possible tofix this annoying issue.

There are a lot of posts saying the same think on this thread since a few weeks ago. Something know. Do't know why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mick3lson said:

Thanks for the feedback, I hope they will resolve with the next beta. I thought it was just my issue.

Yes this is reported by different people on other websites, I myself has noticed this on my machine and it is specially noticeable on FAT Partitions. I proved it by writing with to the same disk on previous OS X versions i.e BS, Monterey and the write speeds are 5-10 seconds depending on the size of the drive, whereas on Ventura the write speed sometime ranges from 5-10 minutes which of course is unacceptable but we are dealing with a Beta and a long way from perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, miliuco said:

@Common_Sense

Are you talking about a real Mac? My post was directed to "OCLP 0.5.0 alpha testers in real Mac".

Requisites: a real Mac that has lost support for Ventura + OpenCore Legacy Patcher 0.5.0 alpha + Ventura beta 7 + root Patch applied by OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

In this way, Ventura can be installed and graphic acceleration is got. But Photos won't open, crashing while starting, something Metal related. It happens in Macs with NVIDA or AMD GNC families. It has been fixed in Macs iGPU-only.

I see, it is only old AMD cards that needs OCLP that are affected, of course nVidia as well, but those cards are all legacy in macOS (Kepler and older).

I really cannot get my 5700 XT to wake up from sleep without Powerplay KP. I have injected the full device properties, including a Powerplay table that is identical to what I use in Windows. It just won't work well. Also when the display turns black, I need to power off and power on the display to get back the video signal. Anyone with 5700 XT card that works? In that case I would really appreciate if you could share you config.plist + DSDT, it is crazy why it doesn't work. Maybe it can be a driver issue in the macOS beta, that will get resolved?

Edited by Common_Sense

On 9/14/2022 at 1:26 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Maybe is a bug in the latest release. I'm out of home for a few days and I can't try on my Ivy Kepler rig. In my Ivi laptop hd 4000 it is working without KDK.

Finally at home. I updated my rig (i5 3470, HD2500, Kepler GT 710) to Ventura beta 7. No need for KDK. All working.

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.861e5567f9aee6fccd27139a10f62915.png

BTW: how can I delete an unused spoiler?

Edited by Cyberdevs
Empty Spoilers removed
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, mick3lson said:

Has anyone noticed if when write the EFI partition on usb pendrive is extremely slow. I tried to change pendrive but same thing. It' a bug of Ventura beta? It's possible tofix this annoying issue.

EFI is formatted FAT32.  The Ventura problem is with FAT32 format and not specific to EFI.  See tests here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Finally at home. I updated my rig (i5 3470, HD2500, Kepler GT 710) to Ventura beta 7. No need for KDK. All working.

Hide contents

Which version did you use to get the KDK less version. I am not able to get that KDK less working

Did you use the same code below?

mkdir -p ~/Developer
cd ~/Developer
git clone --branch ventura-alpha https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
cd ~/Developer/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

and then I ran this 

python3 OpenCore-Patcher-GUI.command

Also I tried my best to get the Powermanagement working on Ventura Beta but it didn't work. But the same works on Monterey.

My processor is E5 1650 V2

X79 Motherboard

Edited by RoberT_XeS

20 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Which version did you use to get the KDK less version. I am not able to get that KDK less working

Did you use the same code below?

mkdir -p ~/Developer
cd ~/Developer
git clone --branch ventura-alpha https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
cd ~/Developer/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

and then I ran this 

python3 OpenCore-Patcher-GUI.command

Also I tried my best to get the Powermanagement working on Ventura Beta but it didn't work. But the same works on Monterey.

My processor is E5 1650 V2

X79 Motherboard

Never had X79. Maybe is something different.
I downloaded today zip from https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/ventura-alpha and compiled with "python3 Build-Binary.command".
About power management, I already suggested to use CPUFriend.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider.kext and if you don't have AGPM activated use AGPMInjector.app to build AGPMInjector.kext.
And, I don't know if is relevant, but I'm using native SMBIOS for this processor and NVIDIA (iMac13,2). For this I use the patches finded here https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof (thanx @5t33z0).

Edited by Stefanalmare

my HP 840G3 (i7-6600U, Device ID: 0x1916) laptop is working fine on Monterey 12.3 as MacBookPro13,1.
In preparation of the coming Ventura Public Release, I genSMBIOS it to MacBookPo14,1.
Since WEG v1.6.0 and above can spoof SKL to KBL from HD520 to HD620
then I have updated all kexts to the latest.
It can boot into Monterey after iGPU doing retries 50 times and the dock is not transparent.
Youtube can be played. But there is some performance lag on the UI.

Attached are the DeviceProperties and NVRAM from config.plist

I am new to frame buffer patching. Can someone please help me figure out how to spoof HD520 to HD620?

DeviceProperties.png

NVRAM.png

On 9/17/2022 at 6:07 AM, jsl2000 said:

Can you post your HD4600 metal score by Geekbench 4 to prove whether it got hardware acceleration or not.

My score is 14655. Unfortunately it may crash by Geekbench 5.

HD4600-Metal.gb4 20.5 kB · 4 downloads

Here is the OpenCL at Monterey 12.6 https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/5161705 (14911) The Metal API closes at 1 second, only I could do at OpenCL.

In Ventura the Metal API same as Monterey, but OpenCL closes at gathering system information, it is obvious that in Ventura my HD4600 isn´t working properly, despite it recognizes the monitor info correctly, and in system information, also the HD4600 1536 MB, it says Metal 2, but really there isn´t acceleration.

I attached a short video of Ventura.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4GM4ILJBigRr54VbpfEF3ruXRWwjQiK/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Reveal hidden contents

I finished booting with rx 560 but somehow apple didn't show up

please can you help me for hd4000?

Can you post your bios settings too?

Macbookpro 12.,1

macmini 7.1 and 8.1

imac 17.1,18.1 and 18.3 I tried all of them

Thanks

Config.plist

hi, I need help here pls, I want to install  Ventura with HP Envy m7, the latest installed is big Sur 11.7, this Envy has haswell i7 4700 mq with intel 04128086  graphic 

it has Nvidia 740 but it is disabled from dsdt and ssd. I need help with setting OC pls, Thanks a lot 

Edited by maly70