[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

It became 0.4.11 instead of 0.5.0 Why can't I really

Please download from this link:

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/workflows/build-app-wxpython.yml

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/2980735338

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.55.09 PM.png

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

In my case acceleration isn´t working well, it patches the IGPU, recognizes the HD 4600, but the UI is terrible slow as no acceleration really.

I tried with 2 EFI, and both HD 4600 and Kepler GT 730, the same.

Can you post your current B85M EFI folder?

Thank you.

Because of file size limitation I can post my OC 0.8.4 config.plist only.

For your case you should limit one GPU only (disabled CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor at BIOS) at first.

For my case set BIOS boot CPU Graphics (IGPU) and set -wegnoegpu to get HD 4600 working after OCLP 0.5.0 patched.

Then set BIOS boot PCI-E (AMD RX-560 eGPU) and set -wegnoigpu to get RX-560 working.

At last set BIOS enabled CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor and boot IGPU , delete any -wegnoxgpu then both GPUs are working eventually !

config-OC-084-B85M-G.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ellybz said:

• Not sure it would make a difference but have you tried recording a video with Quicktime player?

• Did you try signing out of Icloud, reboot/clearing NVRAM & signing to icloud again? ( Iphone & Hack )

• Continuity error could be related to Wifi or BT.

• I end up switching from SMBIOS IMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 with OS Ventura. Too many issues with 1,1 in multi monitor setup.. 

Switched to macpro7.1, clean install, try with wifi and usb cable, the same behavior, everything work beside video (FaceTime, QuickTime, Photo Booth). I think is some kind of bug, I will wait for RC release to know, maybe it will start working after a few days like widgets after last update (b7) :)) 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Because of file size limitation I can post my OC 0.8.4 config.plist only.

For your case you should limit one GPU only (disabled CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor at BIOS) at first.

For my case set BIOS boot CPU Graphics (IGPU) and set -wegnoegpu to get HD 4600 working after OCLP 0.5.0 patched.

Then set BIOS boot PCI-E (AMD RX-560 eGPU) and set -wegnoigpu to get RX-560 working.

At last set BIOS enabled CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor and boot IGPU , delete any -wegnoxgpu then both GPUs are working eventually !

config-OC-084-B85M-G.plist 32.39 kB · 8 downloads

OC gives me an error, Halting on critical error.

38 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

OC gives me an error, Halting on critical error.

If you apply my config.plist got such an error that means

1. missing some SSDT-xxx.aml in your ACPI folder

2.missing some kext in your Kext folder

The safe way is apply your original config.plist and follow my advice how to boot it successfully step by step.

5 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

For patching HD 4600 or Kepler GPU at Ventura beta 7 no need with KernelDebugKit.

Please run OCLP 0.5.0 version dated on 2022-08-28 instead of newer ones such as 2022-09-xx because it worked in my Z97 hackintosh perfectly now.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.23.09 PM.png

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.23.32 PM.png

I have tried the ones from 28 August as well...But it doesn't work. It always asks for KDK

Edited by RoberT_XeS
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

If you apply my config.plist got such an error that means

1. missing some SSDT-xxx.aml in your ACPI folder

2.missing some kext in your Kext folder

The safe way is apply your original config.plist and follow my advice how to boot it successfully step by step.

Probably I haven´t explained myself correctly, the only issue is the HD 4600, I am having working all of the rest of functions, USB 3.0, ACPI with Sleep, Sound, Bluetooth, Ethernet, only the HD 4600 isn´t working properly, after installing OCLP 0.5.0 the OS shows HD 4600 Metal 2 device, shows the correct info of the monitor, but the UI is terrible slow, so acceleration isn´t working well after applying the patch. I only have the IGPU, the Nvidia Kepler is only for testing it.

Cheers.

Edited by asdesoso

8 hours ago, asdesoso said:

Probably I haven´t explained myself correctly, the only issue is the HD 4600, I am having working all of the rest of functions, USB 3.0, ACPI with Sleep, Sound, Bluetooth, Ethernet, only the HD 4600 isn´t working properly, after installing OCLP 0.5.0 the OS shows HD 4600 Metal 2 device, shows the correct info of the monitor, but the UI is terrible slow, so acceleration isn´t working well after applying the patch. I only have the IGPU, the Nvidia Kepler is only for testing it.

Cheers.

Please double check your settings such as Device Properties, platform-id (0x0D220003), SIP (0xEF0F0000), and BIOS, etc.

If all were correct, it should work without any issue in my B85M-G hackintosh.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:26 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Maybe is a bug in the latest release. I'm out of home for a few days and I can't try on my Ivy Kepler rig. In my Ivi laptop hd 4000 it is working without KDK.

After installing OCLP 0.5.0 on Ventura Beta 7 I am no longer able to use the SecureBootModel. I am using Mac 7,1 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

After installing OCLP 0.5.0 on Ventura Beta 7 I am no longer able to use the SecureBootModel. I am using Mac 7,1 

same as me and must use SecureBootModel as Disabled otherwise it will restart loop.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, naiclub said:

same as me and must use SecureBootModel as Disabled otherwise it will restart loop.

@Stefanalmare

Are you getting the correct cpu frequency in Intel Gadget ?

I am only getting only  3.6 Ghz but mine is set at 4.0 Ghz in Bios.

Its working properly in Monterey. powerManagement is not working properly in Ventura. CPU is almost always at 100% load.

image.thumb.png.5ff9c4477f83ee0db37851d051dc94f0.png 

Edited by RoberT_XeS

17 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

@Stefanalmare

Its working properly in Monterey. powerManagement is not working properly in Ventura

I'm just like you too I think if fake SMbios is a higher-CPU We will find it tells the value as an unknown CPU. So you must fake SMbios that are close to your CPU like macmini8.1.

It's a normal thing that we have to meet already. Don't forget that we are currently running a beta version.

Edited by naiclub

37 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

When you use OCLP, SIP must be disable, SecureBootModel disable, and for Ventura below Haswell boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1", Kernel Patch "Disable Root Hash validation" and os.dmg changed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

@Stefanalmare

Its working properly in Monterey. powerManagement is not working properly in Ventura. CPU is almost always at 100% load.

image.thumb.png.5ff9c4477f83ee0db37851d051dc94f0.png 

I always use CpuFriend, even on alder rig and I never had problems with CPU power management. And if you overclock the computer, when you use ssdtprgen.sh, you should insert overclocked frequency.

7 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Please double check your settings such as Device Properties, platform-id (0x0D220003), SIP (0xEF0F0000), and BIOS, etc.

If all were correct, it should work without any issue in my B85M-G hackintosh.

Currently in Monterey all is working fine, included the HD4600, as it is native, with full acceleration.

I dind´t change any setting in my BIOS since a long time ago, if I remember I am using the same BIOS settings from El Capitan, that was the first macOS I was installed into my GA-B85M-D3H.

These settings are working fine from El Capitan to Monterey, and yes, I have the correct platform-id (0x0D220003) and also SIP setted to this value (0xEF0F0000).

I tried a lot of configurations, the HD 4600 and one Kepler GT 730 that have into my house, the curious case is about this mac, recognizes my HD 4600 1536 MB, and also the monitor info, but acceleration isn´t working properly.

Cheers.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:20 AM, eSaF said:

In my opinion this latest Beta release is terrible and have taken several steps backward, they have managed to break more than they fixed. Read/Write is absolutely dismal, Widgets is a joke but to name a few, the previous Betas were much better than this one. Seems like they employed a few guys from the Windows Vista debacle. :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi all
Create the key with the official version and redo a complete installation the widgets are there except the bluetooth (BCM_4350C2) which I have not yet managed to activate...

Spoiler

widgets_with_beta_7.png

Edited by jm26200
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, RoberT_XeS said:

I have tried the ones from 28 August as well...But it doesn't work. It always asks for KDK

Kernel Debug Kit 13.0 build 22A5342f

September 14, 2022

Hide Details 

This package contains development & debug versions of the macOS kernel and many I/O Kit families for use with LLDB remote (two-machine) kernel debugging. These files contain full symbolic information, unlike the equivalent files in a normal macOS installation. Also included are LLDB macros useful for kernel debugging and DEVELOPMENT (for every day use) and DEBUG (for much more error checking) kernels built with more assertions and fewer compiler optimizations.

• 568.57 MB

Kernel_Debug_Kit_13.0_build_22A5342f.dmg

• Like 2