[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, jsl2000 said:

Ventura beta 7 booted very well in my B85M hackintosh with OCLP 0.5.0 which patch Intel HD 4600 successfully.

It also worked in my Z97 hackintosh at Ventura beta 7 with Intel HD 4600 & WiFi 4360 too !

In these 2 Haswell hackintoshs Sleep/WakeUp/Reboot/Shutdown all worked as before.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 9.34.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 9.34.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 13.12.23.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 13.13.54.png

Hi, could you share your´s B85M EFI folder?
I am facing a lot of problems to enable my HD 4600, I tried with a Kepler GT 730 2 GB, and still happens the same as HD 4600, the OS recognizes me perfectly, but there isn´t really acceleration.

With my HP Ivy laptop works great without these problems.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

😄 take your time!

It booted thanks...

Now I am having problem with OCLP it asks for KDK

I followed the following steps to compile..Can you guide me where I am going wrong please?

# Create Dev’s Folder
mkdir -p ~/Developer
# Move into a directory to store the project
cd ~/Developer
# Clone Alpha branch
git clone --branch ventura-alpha https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
# Move into Project directory
cd ~/Developer/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
# Install Python dependacies used by the project
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

and then I ran this 

python3 OpenCore-Patcher-GUI.command

image.png.edcfe8145ade1dce1b8da5e0eca6c171.png

Edited by RoberT_XeS
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, dMatik said:

Is continuity camera (video) works for you? On my rig (x99, haswell-e 5820k, rx 580, fenvi fv t919 iMacPro1.1 SMBIOS, ventura beta 7) the camera part does not work with my iPhone XR but i can use iphone in facetime as microphone. Everything works oob with fenvi or with cable, just the video part does not. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.7ec4ec960dd986c7da2bd3c8c8e3e150.png

Works fine for me.  Screen capture was done with Iphone 12 with Facetime open

Make sure the in the settings of your Iphone : Airplay & Handoff > Continuity camera is enabled.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.24f39fbebbb83b5df15e28befb6aa594.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

Works fine for me.  Screen capture was done with Iphone 12 with Facetime open

Make sure the in the settings of your Iphone : Airplay & Handoff > Continuity camera is enabled.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.24f39fbebbb83b5df15e28befb6aa594.png

Everything is enabled phone side (disabled and reenabled agin, reboot, same behaviour. 

I get his error in console when I open facetime or photobooth 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.12d585b5ec1d9dbe0b3989b60c63a61b.png

44 minutes ago, dMatik said:

Everything is enabled phone side (disabled and reenabled agin, reboot, same behaviour. 

I get his error in console when I open facetime or photobooth 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.12d585b5ec1d9dbe0b3989b60c63a61b.png

• Not sure it would make a difference but have you tried recording a video with Quicktime player?

• Did you try signing out of Icloud, reboot/clearing NVRAM & signing to icloud again? ( Iphone & Hack )

• Continuity error could be related to Wifi or BT.

• I end up switching from SMBIOS IMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 with OS Ventura. Too many issues with 1,1 in multi monitor setup.. 

Edited by Ellybz

2 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

It booted thanks...

Now I am having problem with OCLP it asks for KDK

I followed the following steps to compile..Can you guide me where I am going wrong please?

# Create Dev’s Folder
mkdir -p ~/Developer
# Move into a directory to store the project
cd ~/Developer
# Clone Alpha branch
git clone --branch ventura-alpha https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
# Move into Project directory
cd ~/Developer/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher
# Install Python dependacies used by the project
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

and then I ran this 

python3 OpenCore-Patcher-GUI.command

image.png.edcfe8145ade1dce1b8da5e0eca6c171.png

Maybe is a bug in the latest release. I'm out of home for a few days and I can't try on my Ivy Kepler rig. In my Ivi laptop hd 4000 it is working without KDK.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

• Not sure it would make a difference but have you tried recording a video with Quicktime player?

• Did you try signing out of Icloud, reboot/clearing NVRAM & signing to icloud again? ( Iphone & Hack )

• Continuity error could be related to Wifi or BT.

• I end up switching from SMBIOS IMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 with OS Ventura. Too many issues with 1,1 in multi monitor setup.. 

Tried, same error. Everythings works beside this video. I will try to switch to 7.1 to see if it works

• Like 1

@RoberT_XeS 

Just found this info in the OCLP ventura thread by khronokernel and others:

KDK Requirements

• Ventura drops on-disk kernel extensions, so users will be required to download and install Kernel Debug Kits from Apple manually. These can be retrieved at Apple's Dev Portal. Note: KDKs will require an Apple ID to download, free accounts will work fine.
  • An alternative KDK-less method was implemented with commit b105a73, this allows Metal-based Intel and Nvidia GPU users to omit the KDK requirement and install into the Auxiliary Cache.
  • Currently AMD GCN 1-3 will still be required to install a KDK due to downgrade requirements.

So, KDK-less method isn't implemented yet for AMD GCN graphics card.

But you have Nvidia Kepler, in theory you can do root patch without KDK. Get the latest ZIP from OCLP alpha ventura branch and compile the app again. Don't forget to have OpenCore-Patcher.app close to the OpenCore-Patcher folder when running the app (thanks @fernando.c.neves).

Spoiler

opencore-patcher-app.png.6fd3ed13b82190f0eb4f0b74a396d858.png.5ec0ef8a884a6394ed94e9eb28160f91.png

@Stefanalmare @Cyberdevs 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, miliuco said:

@RoberT_XeS 

Just found this info in the OCLP ventura thread by khronokernel and others:

KDK Requirements

• Ventura drops on-disk kernel extensions, so users will be required to download and install Kernel Debug Kits from Apple manually. These can be retrieved at Apple's Dev Portal. Note: KDKs will require an Apple ID to download, free accounts will work fine.
  • An alternative KDK-less method was implemented with commit b105a73, this allows Metal-based Intel and Nvidia GPU users to omit the KDK requirement and install into the Auxiliary Cache.
  • Currently AMD GCN 1-3 will still be required to install a KDK due to downgrade requirements.

So, KDK-less method isn't implemented yet for AMD GCN graphics card.

But you have Nvidia Kepler, in theory you can do root patch without KDK. Get the latest ZIP from OCLP alpha ventura branch and compile the app again. Don't forget to have OpenCore-Patcher.app close to the OpenCore-Patcher folder when running the app (thanks @fernando.c.neves).

Reveal hidden contents

opencore-patcher-app.png.6fd3ed13b82190f0eb4f0b74a396d858.png.5ec0ef8a884a6394ed94e9eb28160f91.png

@Stefanalmare @Cyberdevs 

I even downloaded the b1057a3 and compiled it but it didn't work. 

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/b105a73a103e2e349c5d2aff2b09b7f1e6c169f9

Edited by RoberT_XeS

Can you show me how to create one?
I didn't succeed

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Ventura DP7 on MacBook Pro Late 2013 OCLP, this device doesn't require Kernel Debug Kit for root patching.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Can you show me how to create one?
I didn't succeed

10 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

What exactly do you need to do? you wanna build OCLP Alpha or you want to use it to patch something?

To activate activate the iGPU HD4600
But stick to kdk must be the latest version.

Just now, naiclub said:

To activate activate the iGPU HD4600
But stick to kdk must be the latest version.

Unfortunately at this point you need to install the DP6 if you want to activate the iGPU or you have to wait until apple releases the new kdk.

• Like 2

Notes about OCLP alpha 0.5.0

These notes come from my experience trying to use OCLP alpha, helped by @Cyberdevs and @fernando.c.neves who have pointed me in the right direction, thanks to both.

These are not instructions but issues that I have encountered as I progressed through the installation.

For more complete guides, see OCLP GitHub and guides that @Cyberdevs has posted on this forum over the past few days.

1. Prerequisites: already known, Python (minimum 3.9) and Command Line Tools for Xcode.

2. How to download OCLP alpha: already known by users, simply select the ventura-alpha branch on the OCLP GitHub site and download the ZIP file. Don't clone the repository because sometimes you get the official version 0.4.10 instead of 0.5.0 alpha.

3. How to install the dependencies: this can be done in 2 ways, with the command pip3 install -r requirements.txt run in the folder of the downloaded and uncompressed package or with separate commands for each dependency (see guide by @Cyberdevs).

4. Errors when compiling the app: when you run Build-Binary.command in the package folder, you can get errors about files not found, in my case these were:

• Dependencies (requests...) not found, this may be because OCLP sometimes installs the dependencies in the user folder in the path Users/user/Library/Python/3.10, this folder has to be added to the PATH.
  • pip3 not found, I've fixed it by creating a symlink in /usr/local/bin pointing to the actual location of pip3 (visible in the error displayed in Terminal), eg.
    ln -s /Users/user/Library/Python/3.10/bin/pip3 /usr/local/bin/pip3
  • pyinstaller not found, I've fixed it by creating a symlink in /usr/local/bin pointing to the actual location of pyinstaller (visible in the error displayed in Terminal), eg.
    ln -s /Users/user/Library/Python/3.10/bin/pyinstaller /usr/local/bin/pyinstaller

5. Once OpenCore-Patcher.app is compiled, it must be run close to the OpenCore-Patcher folder, both items must be next to each other.

6. By pressing the Post Install Root Path button you can get a warning saying that the Kernel Debug Kit is missing (KDK 22A5342f which is the one that corresponds to beta 7 of Ventura). This warning is shown if you have AMD GCN GPU because the developers have not yet managed to prevent it with this family of GPUs. But if you have Metal-based Intel and Nvidia GPU the warning should go away because the latest versions of OCLP alpha include the KDK-less method for these GPU families.

7. How to get the KDK 22A5342f? At the moment it is only available if you have an Apple developer account. For free accounts, the most recent KDK available is 22A5331f which corresponds to beta 6 of Ventura and does not solve this problem, so you have to wait for Apple to publish it.

Note: OCLP developers prefer that generic users not install the alpha version yet because there will be issues and bugs that can generate noise around this version, until a more mature version is available to everyone. But it's hard to resist trying something new that's so interesting 😉 anyway, a lot of thanks to developers for such hard work.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Notes about OCLP alpha 0.5.0

These notes come from my experience trying to use OCLP alpha, helped by @Cyberdevs and @fernando.c.neves who have pointed me in the right direction, thanks to both.

These are not instructions but issues that I have encountered as I progressed through the installation.

For more complete guides, see OCLP GitHub and guides that @Cyberdevs has posted on this forum over the past few days.

I followed the example you mentioned here. many times but failed

14 minutes ago, miliuco said:

ตัวอย่างอะไร? คู่มือ OCLP GitHub หรือmacmeup ? ข้อผิดพลาดอะไร? ทำอะไร?

1 2  3

Edited by naiclub

6 hours ago, naiclub said:

Ok then I will have to wait until apple releases the latest version of kdk.

thank you so..

For patching HD 4600 or Kepler GPU at Ventura beta 7 no need with KernelDebugKit.

Please run OCLP 0.5.0 version dated on 2022-08-28 instead of newer ones such as 2022-09-xx because it worked in my Z97 hackintosh perfectly now.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.23.09 PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.23.32 PM.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

For patching HD 4600 at Ventura beta 7 no need with KernelDebugKit.

Please run OCLP 0.5.0 version dated on 2022-08-28 instead of newer ones such as 2022-09-xx because it worked in my Z97 hackintosh perfectly now.

In my case acceleration isn´t working well, it patches the IGPU, recognizes the HD 4600, but the UI is terrible slow as no acceleration really.

I tried with 2 EFI, and both HD 4600 and Kepler GT 730, the same.

Can you post your current B85M EFI folder?

Thank you.