[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

@Jazzoo We're testing the same system with the same EFI and direct update worked well for me.  Since direct update has failed for others, this may help to diagnose the problem.  Any guesses about what caused direct update to fail for you?  If you get a chance, maybe you can post your EFI after removing private entries from PlatformInfo.

Edited by deeveedee

At first I though the problem is only with my computer because I was out for a couple of hours and when I get back home there was a problem with the electricity in the building, and the computer was off. Then I put it back on and it went directly to recovery. Long story short I was able to boot to recovery only. Reinstalling the system went smooth and now it's up and running.

Here's my EFI :)

EFI 0.8.4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

A big shout out to the OpenCore team, I finally have full acceleration on my Skylake with AMD R9 270X GPU using OCLP 0.5.0 Alpha!

What is the stock SMBIOS model of your iMac? iMac17,1? 
How do you get this iMac 2017 SMBIOS?

I’m trying 0.5 alpha in a later 2015 iMac but I am not able to change SMBIOS to a 2017 model as in your pic. Thanks. 

@miliuco

I initially used iMac18,3 SMBIOS which is supported in Ventura natively, clean installed macOS Ventura and then launched OCLP and enabled root patching. I had to download and install Kernel_Debug_Kit_13.0_build_22A5331f and I also had to use amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 boot argument. SIP is disabled by using FF0F0000

The goal was to install AMD GPU kext drivers which was a success.

The procedure is a bit different on hackintosh rigs so I guess I had to improvise a little lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@miliuco

I initially used iMac18,3 SMBIOS which is supported in Ventura natively, clean installed macOS Ventura and then launched OCLP and enabled root patching. I had to download and install Kernel_Debug_Kit_13.0_build_22A5331f and I also had to use amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 boot argument. SIP is disabled by using FF0F0000

The goal was to install AMD GPU kext drivers which was a success.

The procedure is a bit different on hackintosh rigs so I guess I had to improvise a little lol.

Hi miliuco, is there any kernel Debug kit 13.0 build 22A5341F for latest beta P5 or Beta7!!!, I could not find it at apple site. Thanks for your time

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@miliuco

I initially used iMac18,3 SMBIOS which is supported in Ventura natively, clean installed macOS Ventura and then launched OCLP and enabled root patching...

Sorry for my lack of understanding today.
To confirm a doubt: do you replace the original SMBIOS with iMac18.3 through OpenCore (not LP) or do you do it from OCLP? Because, when I configure the options with version 0.5. alpha, I can't find a way to adjust iMac18,3. The newest iMac model that lets me to choose is iMac17,1 which is the original of my Mac. And in this way it doesn't let Ventura install, logically.

@miliuco

It's ok man sorry if I didn't explained it clearly,

I used OpenCore 0.8.5 as usual with iMac18,3 to boot and install macOS Ventura DP6 and once the installation was done I used OCLP's Post-Install option and started Root Patching to install the required kexts for AMD Legacy GCN support and then I rebooted the system and used the same EFI (OC 0.8.5) to boot the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs

Thanks. I'm talking about a real iMac, iMac17,1 that has been removed of the Ventura supported models and wishing to change to iMac18,2 or 18,3 to be able to install Ventura on it.

As real Mac, I was thinking that OCLP was mandatory, nothin to do with OC standalone (maybe I'm wrong) but, with OCLP 0.5.0, I don't see how to change to a newer SMBIOS, I always get the stock iMac17,1.

40 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Cyberdevs

Thanks. I'm talking about a real iMac, iMac17,1 that has been removed of the Ventura supported models and wishing to change to iMac18,2 or 18,3 to be able to install Ventura on it.

As real Mac, I was thinking that OCLP was mandatory, nothin to do with OC standalone (maybe I'm wrong) but, with OCLP 0.5.0, I don't see how to change to a newer SMBIOS, I always get the stock iMac17,1.

My bad!

I thought you are trying to install it on a hackintosh.

check this article:

https://macmeup.com/how-to-install-macos-on-unsupported-hardware/

In a nut shell when you want to use OCLP you need to go to OCLP -> Settings -> SMBIOS Settings -> set the SMBIOS Spoof Level to Minimal and set the SMBIOS Spoof Model to the closest supported SMBIOS which is iMac18,x.

Then return to the main menu and Build and install OpenCore then boot (preferably to your Ventura USB installer) via that EFI which OCLP generated.

The EFI structure and files in OCLP is totally different form OC on hacks tho.

If you need more info just let me know.

P.S.

Although the guide is about iMac15,1 and Monterey but the principal is the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@deeveedee

This one's for you since I know how much you love to see "About This Mac" screenshots :D

Spoiler

image.png

But jokes aside, I changed the SMBIOS form iMac18,3 to iMac17,1 on my Skylake rig and added these boot arguments: amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 -no_compat_check and booted into macOS Ventura without any issues.

The sad thing is that I can't do clean install using the same iMac17,1 SMBIOS on the Skylake rig without having to use a supported SMBIOS like iMac18,3. The installer boots ok and all but I can't install it because it says "macOS Ventura beta is not compatible with this Mac."

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, augustopaulo said:

Hi Fernando, 

Would you mind sharing your EFI Ventura Acer Aspire (Skylake) folder ? 😉

I believe that the proper name for that EFI is the "Acer Ventura" EFI.

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2022 at 1:18 PM, jsl2000 said:

I have found several items/parameters in which yours are different from mine.

If you like, please try my config.plist (fill your related SN, remove those you don't need, etc.) to test whether mine is working for your hackintosh with OC 0.8.3

For example you did not apply SSDT-PLUG.aml in your ACPI which's usually required by Haswell hackintoshs.

config.plist 32.47 kB · 7 downloads

I tried with your config.plist, and updating Kexts and Drivers into your config.plist, and always halting on critical error at early boot

I tried with this https://github.com/Naufal828/Haswell-Hackintosh-RX460, by modifying it with my config, and getting the same as mine, not really Metal acceleration too. I have put SSDT-PLUG.aml, but still the same

Thank you.

Edited by asdesoso