[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Is there someone here who is using an AMD Ryzen 5xxx with beta 6??

Amazon prime video doesn't work for me if I don't use:

-WEG
-agdpmod=pikera
-unfairgva=1

Ventura works fine even if I don't use them, but Amazon's DRM fails...

In the intel they are not needed and everything works without them.

And the GPU is the same..

What will be the problem? 😕

Edited by PoMpIs

5 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Only thing that is still pending is the Power Management. I tried MacPro 6,1 and also MacPro 7,1 but Powermanagement is not working. Cpu Frequency stuck at 3.6 but mine is at 4 Ghz in Bios.

image.thumb.png.80d452be0e938221505132a5bb3f9dfd.png

2014660005_Screenshot2022-09-01at3_52_25AM.thumb.png.e729e565e477b7d54ce0fe5d3aeecc45.png

Plase share your efi for that xeon

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, anerik70 said:

Plase share your efi for that xeon

EFI.zip

I have removed the Resource Folder. Please add it also I have removed the platform info you need to add it. Also remember I have a heavily modified DSDT, YOU MAY WANT TO DISABLE IT. ALSO YOU MAY NEED TO ENABLE ApplecpupmCfglock

• Like 1

18 hours ago, asdesoso said:

Sure, you must do exactly as you said, simply replace 1 GB os.dmg (Intel) to 3 - 4 GB os.dmg (Apple Silicon IPSW).

Doing this and with skipping the os.dmg root_hash verification you will bypass AVX2 requirements as this dyld shared cache is part of Rosetta 2, which comes with legacy instructions inside.

Cheers.

Thanks, unfortunately all in vain.

1. Using your Clover's EFI got almost early automatic reboot during booting

2. Using my Clover 5149 EFI added with your root hash verification patch got more late reboot

3. Using OC 0.8.3 got KP at apfs-related process as the attached photo:

How can I fix it ?

IMG-0164.JPG

I actually include the CPUFriend data inside the SSDT-PM

1 minute ago, miliuco said:

@RoberT_XeS

When I have MacPro as SMBIOS, I usually add CPUFriendDataProvider.kext (generated from CPUFriendFriend.command by corpnewt) next to CPUFriend.kext to have better CPUPM.

https://github.com/corpnewt/CPUFriendFriend

42 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

2. Using my Clover 5149 EFI added with your root hash verification patch got more late reboot

How can I fix it ?

IMG-0164.JPG

Have you replaced the os.dmg file in preboot volume? Use another working installation to mount and replace the os.dmg file. Sometimes terminal messes up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Have you replaced the os.dmg file in preboot volume? Use another working installation to mount and replace the os.dmg file. Sometimes terminal messes up

Don't mix up CPUFriend Generated data with ssdtPRgen generated SSDT , its not good at all, if you want to use "cf-frequency-data" then use it only with SSDT-PLUG , its better to use ssdtPRgen ssdt only.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 12.29.02 PM.png

4 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

How can I fix it ?

IMG-0164.JPG

I think that you has been completed the installation of Ventura, to boot up correctly, as I said previously, you need to run another installation of macOS, for example, Big Sur/Monterey, or if you prefer it do it trough Terminal/Recovery, with cp -R command, replacing os.dmg in Ventura´s Preboot volume

Cheers.

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, asdesoso said:

I think that you has been completed the installation of Ventura, to boot up correctly, as I said previously, you need to run another installation of macOS, for example, Big Sur/Monterey, or if you prefer it do it trough Terminal/Recovery, with cp -R command, replacing os.dmg in Ventura´s Preboot volume

Cheers.

No, thank you very much for help.

I have followed hvds's detailed instruction (#691 https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-13-ventura-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2346881/page-28) to boot my Ventura beta 6 successfully already.

Previous error was due to mis-understanding of the file size which should be 4.22 GB exactly instead of 1.xx or 3.xx GB.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 5.58.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 9.39.00 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

@AlexVTk  You should first confirm that you need the boot-arg amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 and that the boot-arg has your desired result.  After you've confirmed that the boot-arg produces your desired result, you should read about the kext here.  The kext is intended to replace the boot-arg (you shouldn't need the kext if you're properly using the boot-arg).  I have only used the boot-arg (I didn't care about the security vulnerabilities) and never needed the kext, so I can't help you other than to refer you to the readme.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

I have followed hvds's detailed instruction (#691 https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-13-ventura-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2346881/page-28) to boot my Ventura beta 6 successfully already.

Previous error was due to mis-understanding of the file size which should be 4.22 GB exactly instead of 1.xx or 3.xx GB.

Is Powermanagement  working for you?

12 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

EFI.zip 5.07 MB · 16 downloads

I have removed the Resource Folder. Please add it also I have removed the platform info you need to add it. Also remember I have a heavily modified DSDT, YOU MAY WANT TO DISABLE IT. ALSO YOU MAY NEED TO ENABLE ApplecpupmCfglock

Thanks. It boot to black screen same as when i installed beta 1.

Maybe i'm wrong something

What steps did you follow?

Captura de Tela 2022-09-02 às 16.17.17.pngMy EFI (Real Mac) MacBookPro12,1 => OpenCore 0.8.4 Today's kext's for Real Mac to boot in Ventura 13.0 Beta 6 with Dual Boot of Windows 11. VRAM Patched for 3072MB of my Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (Original 1536MB).

EFI's 0.8.4 (Real Mac) => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1miw3Rb9tIO0GTO5NafAq1HTclHMsnt5E/view?usp=sharing

image.thumb.png.67381c2e3f3d00bf9daeac9ac5c31234.png

Edited by fernando.c.neves
  • Like 6

On 9/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, jsl2000 said:

Another great breakthrough for my AMD FX-6300m hackintosh which can boot Ventura beta 6 by Clover 5148 or OC 0.8.3 safe mode (-x).

Sysctl -a |grep cpu > FX-6300.txt was attached here for your reference.

Only PS2 keyboard & USB 3.0 Mouse/keyboard working now. No any audio available !

No GPU hardware acceleration either due to safe boot of RX-560 which should be working.

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 1.13.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 1.13.57 PM.png

FX-6300.txt

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 3.05.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 3.06.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 3.23.12 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

I'm using Ventura beta 6 on a z390 Aorus master case. I want to use MSI RX 580 Gaming X as external graphics card. But with the adjustments I made in the Bios, I could not get an image output from the video card. When the video card is installed in the case, the bios and oc menu does not appear. When Windows boots up, the video card displays an image on the screen. Is there a solution for this? I am using EC.ssdt and EC-Enabler.kext

My opencore version shows 0.0.0.0 on hackintool. After making the necessary updates, I did a Nvram reset. But nothing changes.

Thanks....

Edited by futureorkun

4 hours ago, futureorkun said:

I'm using Ventura beta 6 on a z390 Aorus master case. I want to use MSI RX 580 Gaming X as external graphics card. But with the adjustments I made in the Bios, I could not get an image output from the video card. When the video card is installed in the case, the bios and oc menu does not appear. When Windows boots up, the video card displays an image on the screen. Is there a solution for this? I am using EC.ssdt and EC-Enabler.kext

My opencore version shows 0.0.0.0 on hackintool. After making the necessary updates, I did a Nvram reset. But nothing changes.

Thanks....

Hi @futureorkun It seems to be an Opencore settings problems. So Off-Topic. Please, you can post in the Opencore général Discussion thread: most users can help you.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:27 PM, Common_Sense said:

Beta 2 seems to be working fine. Beta 1 worked great as well, once Clover and OC was updated to support the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk for macOS Ventura.

an interesting note to Haswell users is that FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext works in Ventura without any issues. In Monterey it gave me KPs.

I noticed the KP issue with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in Monterey too. I have forked and recompiled the current version (linked below) which now works under Monterey.

https://github.com/jpz4085/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/releases

Haven't tried Ventura but sounds good from your experience. Just wanted to through that out there if anyone else wants it for Monterey.