[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

My Ventura using Clover freezes then resets, anyone suggest what MIGHT be happening, Thanks

EDIT: At The DeskTop

Edited by STLVNUB

5 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

My Ventura using Clover freezes then resets, anyone suggest what MIGHT be happening, Thanks

I encounter the same issue after attempt to boot by Opencore.

The solution is ClearCMOS.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Didn't Work

Hi Bro - If you haven't tried already, after clearing CMOS, remove the power cable, then hold down the power button for a minute or so to clear any latent power from the capacitors, then remove the Battery as an added step for another minute or so. These steps will reset the Bios to Default which you will have to reset accordingly then you should be good to go. I am not sure but if the freeze and reset is a regular occurrence, you may have to look at the RTC setting (Kernel/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum) in the config.plist which may have to be enabled or disabled. Good luck.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

EDIT: At The DeskTop

I had a similar machine with OpenCore 0.8.4, working everything. I use USBToolBox.kext and a mapping using this tool for Windows 10 & 11. Generating an UTBMap.kext, working USB 3.2 Controller Gen 2x1. My AMD Radeon RX 570 is blazing fast with an Overclock in Bios to 1370Mhz and 2150Mhz in Memory. Why U just don't forget using Clover?

EFI - B560M-H - OpenCore 0.8.4 - Ventura 13 Beta 5.zip

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fernando.c.neves said:

I had a similar machine with OpenCore 0.8.4, working everything. I use USBToolBox.kext and a mapping using this tool for Windows 10 & 11. Generating an UTBMap.kext, working USB 3.2 Controller Gen 2x1. My AMD Radeon RX 570 is blazing fast with an Overclock in Bios to 1370Mhz and 2150Mhz in Memory. Why U just don't forget using Clover?

EFI - B560M-H - OpenCore 0.8.4 - Ventura 13 Beta 5.zip 8.38 MB · 6 downloads

Doesn't work here, no boot,but thanks anyway

How is it possible that my 6800XT on the intel with SMBios MacPro7,1 has DRM without WEG and "agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1" and if I put that GPU on a Ryzentosh with the same SMBios of MacPro7,1 it has DRM without WEG and " agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1" ?¿?¿ 😑

Is it because it's AMD CPU?

VideoProc tells me that everything is fine even if I don't use WEG but the DRM doesn't work if I don't load that Kext

1693953887_Capturadepantalla2022-08-20alas13_19_36.thumb.png.55f1f68c540e8d6af8c2967fc46a5a20.png

Cheers

@PoMpIs

The 2 options are the same:

Intel - with SMBios MacPro7,1 has DRM without WEG and "agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1"

AMD - with the same SMBios of MacPro7,1 it has DRM without WEG and " agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1"

Anyway, as you already know, unfairgva is not needed with MacPro and agdpmod=pikera only works with WhateverGreen.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@PoMpIs

The 2 options are the same:

Intel - with SMBios MacPro7,1 has DRM without WEG and "agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1"

AMD - with the same SMBios of MacPro7,1 it has DRM without WEG and " agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1"

Anyway, as you already know, unfairgva is not needed with MacPro and agdpmod=pikera only works with WhateverGreen.

Well, my Ryzentosh with SMBios MacPro7,1 does not have DRM if I do not use WEG and agdpmod=pikera and unfairgva=1

You need all that, if I remove any of them the DRM is lost and the videos are green 😆  It's strange 

Mira aqui @miliuco :

Te lo cuento aquí en nuestro idioma que me explico mejor...

El tema es que en el intel no necesito nada para tener DRM, ni WEG ni los boot args...

He puesto la 6800XT en el Ryzen, el cual como no uso al mismo tiempo que el intel, tiene el mismito SMBios que el intel de MacPro7,1, tiene todo igual, el mismo serial todo vamos....  pues en el AMD si no uso todo eso no hay DRM se me ven verdes los videos.... en la beta 5....  he probado a quitar unfairgva=1 y ya no hay DRM, si quito WEG lo mismo, si quito agdpmod y dejo el resto tampoco... y si lo dejo sin WEG ni los boot args todo funciona de maravilla pero sin DRM, se me ve verde la App TV, Amazon prime, y en safari

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1

@futureorkun

Please add a signature (Profile >> Account Settings).

This report is from Windows.

Do you have a Z390 Aorus Master + i9 9900K? Do you want to use the integrated graphics Intel UHD 630? There are plenty of sites with info for this hardware. I suppose that you have a macOS working already, right? Or are you trying to install Venture beta 5 from scratch? 

Give more info to us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

Give more info to us.

The report is indeed from Windows and according to the report, his board is a Z390 Aorus Master, CPU i9-9900k and I think he's using the integrated UHD 630 but his BIOS version is a couple of versions adrift (F11). He would definitely need to update to the latest BIOS version to utilise the integrated CFG feature to circumvent the long winded way to implement CFG so until he update his BIOS I wouldn't know where to start with aiding him with his query as my EFI Folder is based on F12 BIOS version for this board.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My attempts with EFI on all sites have failed. I include this in my iGPU trials. I want to be able to use Ventura. What information do you want from me?

I want to install beta5 version with UHD630.

F12 bios version is not available for current motherboard...

http://www.gigabyte.com.tr/products/page/mb/z390_aorus_master#support-dl

All for Thanks

Edited by futureorkun

@futureorkun - Ok if you've already created an installer USB Drive containing Ventura, copy the EFI Folder within this zip file to the EFI Partition of the Ventura installer USB Drive. I have updated all the files within so you should be able to install Ventura and run with it. Good luck.

z390-aorus-master-opencore-master.zip

PS - If you have any problems with this EFI Folder ask nicely @MaLd0n for assistance he will sort the problems for you.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@futureorkun

I think that to start directly with Ventura beta is not the best option. More difficult to have it working, beta version with bugs, it can have (important) modifications before the final version.

Why not to start with Big Sur or Monterey? Easier to install and mature enough. 

There are EFIs suitable for your hardware.

Here a detailed guide by @glasgood but for Catalina, it's a good site to be the BIOS settings and the basics.

EFI for Monterey by @nitroshady based on the excellent guide by @AudioGod

Another guide by joelthecoder on Github, it has EFI available.

As it's said, Google is your friend.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I think that to start directly with Ventura beta is not the best option. More difficult to have it working, beta version with bugs, it can have (important) modifications before the final version.

Good advice Bro, I just went with his request wishing to install Ventura and not thinking of the Beta pit falls. I agree he would be better off installing a more stable OS X version as you mentioned and get more familiar with it before attempting Ventura at this stage.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

@futureorkun - Ok if you've already created an installer USB Drive containing Ventura, copy the EFI Folder within this zip file to the EFI Partition of the Ventura installer USB Drive. I have updated all the files within so you should be able to install Ventura and run with it. Good luck.

z390-aorus-master-opencore-master.zip 5.18 MB · 12 downloads

PS - If you have any problems with this EFI Folder ask nicely @MaLd0n for assistance he will sort the problems for you.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the black screen. Platform id 12345678 didn't work? UHD630 vendor 3E988086 what is the solution for this?

1 hour ago, futureorkun said:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the black screen. Platform id 12345678 didn't work? UHD630 vendor 3E988086 what is the solution for this?

@futureorkun Try : 00009B3E (or Base64 directly AACbPg==) for your UHD630 when the Desktop iGPU is used to drive a display. See Dortania Guide) Opencore don't use vendor-id.

Please add your signature (Profile >> Account Settings): CPU, mobo, etc and OS. 🙂

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@futureorkun Masaüstü iGPU bir ekranı çalıştırmak için kullanıldığında UHD630'unuz için 00009B3E (veya Base64 doğrudan AACbPg==) deneyin. Dortania Kılavuzu'na bakın) Opencore satıcı kimliğini kullanmaz.

Lütfen imzanızı ekleyin (Profil >> Hesap Ayarları): CPU, mobo, vb. ve işletim sistemi. 🙂

Problem is solved. Only wake up black screen error remained. Can you help with this? I add the EFI folder
Can't activate AC9560 bluetooth

https://easyupload.io/kbvgiy

Edited by futureorkun