[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ichelash said:

beta  8 stuck here  for past hours

WhSxhin.png

Hiya - logic dictates if as you said 'stuck here  for past hours' something is not quite right, I would advise to stop the download and go into Disk Utility/Show all Devices and run a Health check on all the Vetura volumes there one by one and note any warnings on the Readouts. Hopefully it will do a OTA repair if needed. After it is finished, do a reboot and clean the Nvram and then try the Beta 8 download again. Apart from downloading the whole 11+gb and doing a fresh install that is the only solution I can think of. Good luck.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hiya - logic dictates if as you said 'stuck here  for past hours' something is not quite right, I would advise to stop the download and go into Disk Utility/Show all Devices and run a Health check on all the Vetura volumes there one by one and note any warnings on the Readouts. Hopefully it will do a OTA repair if needed. After it is finished, do a reboot and clean the Nvram and then try the Beta 8 download again. Apart from downloading the whole 11+gb and doing a fresh install that is the only solution I can think of. Good luck.

Thanks

9 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

You want the steps to install Ventura on X79 ?

At least I want to hear what is the significant step to install Ventura compared to Monterey.

9 hours ago, anerik70 said:

I installed on atermiter x79g with rx 470 and it boots to black screen then change to GT 710 and boots fines.

I can't use my rx 470 with my Xeon e5 2630 v2

Huh! Did you try different WhateverGreen tricks?

1 hour ago, anerik70 said:

Not.

What tricks?

Here https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

But sorry if you ask me the trick then I don't know if anything can help you.

It is very significant claim that "I can't use my rx 470 with my Xeon e5 2630 v2". Did you check all conceivable possibilities? Do you know all possible BIOS settings for your computer?

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Here https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

But sorry if you ask me the trick then I don't know if anything can help you.

It is very significant claim that "I can't use my rx 470 with my Xeon e5 2630 v2". Did you check all conceivable possibilities? Do you know all possible BIOS settings for your computer?

The issue with my 470 is only under Ventura. I think it is due avx2 missing in the ivy Xeon 

9 hours ago, anerik70 said:

The issue with my 470 is only under Ventura. I think it is due avx2 missing in the ivy Xeon 

You're right that's pretty much what's going on. Ventura's native graphics stack requires AVX2 instructions as explained on the OCLP Github https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998#issuecomment-1166340370. For now there ist no support for native supported GPU's on Pre AVX2 Systems at all :(

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Slice said:

If so I think the problem is not in AVX2. I want to get more info about the problem.

I installed ventura using the os.dmg replace method because my processor doesn't have avx2.
The method worked but when it should show the system setup screen, the screen appears black. 
So I replaced the rx470 graphics card with a gt 710 and the system displays the system setup screen normally. 
So the problem is with my rx470. 

7 minutes ago, anerik70 said:
I installed ventura using the os.dmg replace method because my processor doesn't have avx2.
The method worked but when it should show the system setup screen, the screen appears black. 
So I replaced the rx470 graphics card with a gt 710 and the system displays the system setup screen normally. 

did you try flash ROM RX470 to become RX570. Would it be good to watch first?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anerik70 said:

I agree the problem is with RX470 but I am not sure if the problem is with AVX2.

11 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Had to reinstall beta profile for the update to show.

Have to do the same thing on every new beta, also, it's incredibly hard to google this command, so here it is sudo

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

• Like 5