[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, asdesoso said:

Yes, I know it, I have both ig-platform-id at 0x0D220003 and using OCLP 0.5.0 alpha.

I don´t know where is the problem.

Thank you.

If you post your config.plist, I'll check it for you ASAP.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Here it is. I deleted S/N and UUIDs.

Thank you.

config.plist 28.02 kB · 4 downloads

I have found several items/parameters in which yours are different from mine.

If you like, please try my config.plist (fill your related SN, remove those you don't need, etc.) to test whether mine is working for your hackintosh with OC 0.8.3

For example you did not apply SSDT-PLUG.aml in your ACPI which's usually required by Haswell hackintoshs.

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000

53 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Here it is. I deleted S/N and UUIDs.

Thank you.

config.plist 28.02 kB · 4 downloads

Lilu.kext is loaded at Kernel->Add[0], but DisableLinkeditJettison is not enabled at Kernel->Quirks!

CheckKernel returns 1 error!

OpenCanopy.efi is loaded at UEFI->Drivers, but Misc->Boot->PickerMode is not set to External!

CheckMisc returns 1 error!

NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->SystemAudioVolume has illegal value!

CheckNvram returns 1 error!

uhm 😕 

8 minutes ago, $tealth said:

Got it Cyberdave I will wait till the proper guide released for the Haswell chipset for installation of Ventura Right now I guess opencore patcher 0.5.0 is in alpha testing phase. Thank you for the clarification. 

You’re welcome. Yes OCLP is still in development phase for Ventura but you might find this fuse useful if you wanna use it on your MacBook

https://macmeup.com/building-oclp-alpha/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

Thank you for test.

There is reason that stay macOS Monterery for me.

You are very welcome!  You and I both - My production volumes will remain on Monterey until an upgrade to Ventura is required for XCode.  If history is an indicator, I won't be switching from Monterey to Ventura until Ventura .4 or .5.

Edited by deeveedee

On 9/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, jsl2000 said:

1. For desktop HD 4600 its ig-platform-id should be 0x0D220003 and laptop's is 0x0A260006 or 0x0A260005

2. For Ventura OCLP's version should be 0.5.0 instead of 0.4.10 or 0.4.11n

Ventura beta 7 booted very well in my B85M hackintosh with OCLP 0.5.0 which patch Intel HD 4600 successfully.

It also worked in my Z97 hackintosh at Ventura beta 7 with Intel HD 4600 & WiFi 4360 too !

In these 2 Haswell hackintoshs Sleep/WakeUp/Reboot/Shutdown all worked as before.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 9.34.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 9.34.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 13.12.23.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 13.13.54.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 6

@BALDY_MAN

Same thing on Alder Lake, the incremental update crashes and I had to do a full installer update download on my Alder Lake. I wonder what's causing it to crash on the first try.

image.png

The same thing also happened on my 2013 MacBookPro it might be the BlueToolFixup.kext on the MacBookPro but i'm not using it on my Alder Lake.

Other the crashing of the incremental update everything else went fine. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Same thing on Alder Lake, the incremental update crashes and I had to do a full installer update download on my Alder Lake. I wonder what's causing it to crash on the first try.

Try to disable BlueToolFixup in config>kernel before starting the update, on my dell laptop this workaround allowed me to dowload only the incremental update.

5 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Try to disable BlueToolFixup in config>kernel before starting the update, on my dell laptop this workaround allowed me to dowload only the incremental update.

Thanks for the reply but I stated in my post under the picture I don't use BlueToolFixup on my Alder Lake at all. I know it can cause the same issue with macOS Ventura updates that's why I assume it crashed on my MacBookPro using OCLP.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 2:49 AM, Cyberdevs said:

Here it is:

The site is still under construction but the Guide is done:

https://macmeup.com/building-oclp-alpha/

Great Guide and very convenient tools like "Gatekeeper Toggler". I wish something like this toggler app existed for "defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes" command, preferably on top menu bar.  

• Like 3

Follow up to my previous post @ HIGH CPU usage.

Issue is solved. 

Any older disks* without  S.M.A.R.T.  Status check will generate a HIGH CPU behavior in OS Ventura.  

Disks were checked with DriveDX & Disk Utility.  (SSD Lifetime left 94%)

Edit : The HIGH CPU usage on the 2 disks that did not support S.M.A.R.T. support is solved. 

After forcing ( again ) TRIM support  via terminal  :  sudo trimforce enable

Really odd, Trim was working fine on the first betas of Ventura. ( and any previous OSes, including Monterey ) . Something must have happened during the updates.

Go figure...:frantics:

I deserve a glass of 🍷.

Cheers.

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 7

In my opinion this latest Beta release is terrible and have taken several steps backward, they have managed to break more than they fixed. Read/Write is absolutely dismal, Widgets is a joke but to name a few, the previous Betas were much better than this one. Seems like they employed a few guys from the Windows Vista debacle. :thumbsdown_anim:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Ventura beta 7 si è avviato molto bene nel mio hackintosh B85M con OCLP 0.5.0 che patch Intel HD 4600 con successo.

Ha funzionato anche nel mio hackintosh Z97 su Ventura beta 7 con Intel HD 4600 e WiFi 4360!

In questi 2 hackintosh di Haswell Sleep/WakeUp/Reboot/Shutdown tutto ha funzionato come prima.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 alle 21.34.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 alle 21.34.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 a 13.12.23.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 a 13.13.54.png

Ciao scusami, a me funziona solo con la beta 6. Se aggiorno alla 7 non funziona perché mi chiede il kdk che ancora non c'è su Mac Developer. Potresti spiegarmi brevemente come hai risolto con la beta 7? 

1 hour ago, pietralbino said:

Ciao scusami, a me funziona solo con la beta 6. Se aggiorno alla 7 non funziona perché mi chiede il kdk che ancora non c'è su Mac Developer. Potresti spiegarmi brevemente come hai risolto con la beta 7? 

Please show your signature and speak English only, otherwise I can not help you to solve your problem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

In my opinion this latest Beta release is terrible and have taken several steps backward, they have managed to break more than they fixed. Read/Write is absolutely dismal, Widgets is a joke but to name a few, the previous Betas were much better than this one. Seems like they employed a few guys from the Windows Vista debacle. :thumbsdown_anim:

I thought Beta's were released just so we could post our "About This Mac" screen shots and claim that we installed them. 😂   No?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I thought Beta's were released just so we could post our "About This Mac" screen shots and claim that we installed them. 😂   No?

Ok let's remove any doubt about me on that score. :P

Spoiler

1301015987_Screenshot2022-09-11at12_40_26.thumb.png.3a0b6e6c26c16e0d7e12b45319a731b5.png

• Like 7