[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

How likely is it RTX 6700 will be supported in Ventura? Just got one of those, kind of makes hackintoshing ridiculous if I can't use it.. I guess windows isn't that bad 🤣🤣

I dont know RTX6700... I know RX6700 and it's not supported at all on MacOS

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

I dont know RTX6700... I know RX6700 and it's not supported at all on MacOS

Hackintoshing is becoming ridiculous. Not only hackintoshing, but aren't there real mac users that couldn't use it as an egpu, because Apple wants you to buy their studio... I think I am jumping off this train, its been a good ride.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Nightf4ll said:

How likely is it RTX 6700 will be supported in Ventura? Just got one of those, kind of makes hackintoshing ridiculous if I can't use it.. I guess windows isn't that bad 🤣🤣 

I have an RX 6700 XT, I tried it in Monterrey some time ago, and obviously it didn't work at all

573732216_WeQXC91.png.thumb.png.6086e59bf1353afc8ca84fcb65bdbd9b.png

And I also tried injecting a Fake-ID, like an RX6900Xt and the system improved a lot, it even had audio via HDMI, native resolution, it could play videos and it wasn't that bad... the system could be used a little better, but it was missing a lot to make it work 100%

MzxUjgi.thumb.png.a2e44970fbb681982626191e0dbad497.png

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Nightf4ll said:

Hackintoshing is becoming ridiculous. ... I think I am jumping off this train, its been a good ride.

Eventually, we'll all need to accept this reality (even if we're kicking and screaming as they drag us away).  For now, we are all working together to extend the life of legacy Intel systems (hacks and real Macs).  Even the real Mac owners who used to despise hackers now praise OpenCore and hackers for keeping their rigs running beyond Apple's end-of-life. The end of Intel-based Macs is a certainty, so each of us needs to think carefully (based on our own economic and technology needs) about how much money, time and effort we continue to invest in Intel and Radeon (and even NVidia) hardware.  

I'm riding this train until its last gasp.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Eventually, we'll all need to accept this reality (even if we're kicking and screaming as they drag us away).  For now, we are all working together to extend the life of legacy Intel systems (hacks and real Macs).  Even the real Mac owners who used to despise hackers now praise OpenCore and hackers for keeping their rigs running beyond Apple's end-of-life. The end of Intel-based Macs is a certainty, so each of us needs to think carefully (based on our own economic and technology needs) about how much money, time and effort we continue to invest in Intel and Radeon (and even NVidia) hardware.  

I'm riding this train until its last gasp.

It's been a fun ride for sure and the evolution of this platform may indeed cause all of use to make some decisions in the future.  I have learned a lot and meet some really talented people in the process. I have dedicated machines to this project and I too will ride this to the end or when it's no longer a usable system.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Two days ago I downloaded the complete beta 6 installer and created a flash drive... you hadn't tried it until today... I tried it in a virtual machine in Unraid... and now after installing the system I see in settings that I marks an update... I look and it shows that it is beta 6 ?¿? 🤪 ..

I look at the version that the system marks me before letting it update and I get this:

13.0 Beta (22A5311f)

It is not the same version as the beta 6 update ....

And the final version of beta 6 is (22A5331f), Which is the one I have in the SSD that I normally use without virtualizing... and in the Lenovo laptop

How is it possible that the full install is older than the update?

Hi @PoMpIs 13.0 Beta (22A5311f) = Beta 4. 13.0 Beta (22A5331f) = Beta 6. I think. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone knows the config entry for ALC 1220-VB? On the Z390 I had a value of 7 which worked great but on this new board I am still taking baby steps and I keep falling over with every step. At the moment I am just getting sound through the monitor and it sucks.

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

It's just a typo; no such thing as an RTX 6700 indeed. RTX are nVidia cards: RTX 20xx and RTX 30xx. On the AMD front, there are RX 6700 XT and RX 6750 XT.

Yeah, thats what I meant. Oviously should have done my research first before purchasing :D

Either way, I managed to solve the proble, by replacing it for a 6800XT... I guess windows can still wait a bit longer.

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Anyone knows the config entry for ALC 1220-VB? On the Z390 I had a value of 7 which worked great but on this new board I am still taking baby steps and I keep falling over with every step. At the moment I am just getting sound through the monitor and it sucks.

Try 16

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Try 16

Hmmm, I just to see what shows under Audio and Realtek is not there. Man I am recalling struggling together to grip with this Z590, I have struggled with installs in the past but when I am up and running, everything is there and working but this one is giving me a beating. I don't know what to add or omit in my EFI folder to get things right. :wallbash:

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 19.20.20.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

Don't inject it via NVRAM use DeviceProperties to inject the layout-id.

Thanks will try.

Edit - Sorry for the off topic subject, what line/lines do I add here to this entry?

Ok what I need to add just popped up in my head, sorry my brain is turning to mush with this board.

Spoiler

242397162_Screenshot2022-08-30at19_54_16.png.68f7d7ababfd8f352bf4e7c57e4979da.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

I have an RX 6700 XT, I tried it in Monterrey some time ago, and obviously it didn't work at all

Reveal hidden contents

573732216_WeQXC91.png.thumb.png.6086e59bf1353afc8ca84fcb65bdbd9b.png

And I also tried injecting a Fake-ID, like an RX6900Xt and the system improved a lot, it even had audio via HDMI, native resolution, it could play videos and it wasn't that bad... the system could be used a little better, but it was missing a lot to make it work 100%

MzxUjgi.thumb.png.a2e44970fbb681982626191e0dbad497.png

Luckily I didn't open the RX6700 package and read up on its incompability, and the shop was willing to replace... Currently, after 1h of struggling with cables and installing a new PSU I managed to boot into it. I get around 112 k geekbench compute score on it, seems a bit low though..

Don't know what to do with it though. I just bought it for metal 3 compability, don't even game or do vide encoding 😂

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 21.05.08.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

Luckily I didn't open the RX6700 package and read up on its incompability, and the shop was willing to replace... Currently, after 1h of struggling with cables and installing a new PSU I managed to boot into it. I get around 112 k geekbench compute score on it, seems a bit low though..

Don't know what to do with it though. I just bought it for metal 3 compability, don't even game or do vide encoding 😂

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 21.05.08.png

I also changed a 6650XT for a 6800XT, and the truth is, I have really wasted it, because in MacOS I don't do anything that seriously needs this graphic power xD.... I wanted to use it in windows for games, but I almost never play 🤷‍♂️ 😄

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I also changed a 6650XT for a 6800XT, and the truth is, I have really wasted it, because in MacOS I don't do anything that seriously needs this graphic power xD.... I wanted to use it in windows for games, but I almost never play 🤷‍♂️ 😄

I lie to myself that I need it for phtoshop, but I am a programmer, I never use phtoshop... I probalby have it in case some good game comes out so i can play a bit. 

Also, what scared me were your issues with videoplayback. IINA and VLC kept crashing when you resize the window during playback, but the same happens with this gpu, so its not metal 3 related. I guess its an unrelated pre release bug.. well, now its too late , lets hope a good game comes out so its not entirely wasted money.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Check if is not an USB audio. If is, you need AppleALCU.kext. Tell me the MB name.

Actually the MB is in my Signature/Profile, but all is good I fixed it and please don't laugh, at my age any and everything is forgiven but guess who forgot to place the AppleALC.kext in the kext folder. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

New version of OCLP 0.5.0 today version...

Running my Real Mac MacBookPro12,1 - MacBook Pro 13'' Retina Early 2015 with full hardware acceleration now without spoofing anything.

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 detected and patched.

image.thumb.png.5820718e18b68061a199c7ffc782a78b.png

image.thumb.png.653cd8ba99607016f66a50bd57cde480.png

image.thumb.png.42f4b23de7c5bd9bdc4626f3c68b3b12.png

image.thumb.png.71beb7da41a66424f125255309b8feaa.png

Now my Ventura 13.0 Beta 6 shows my IGPU as it is (Intel Iris Graphics 6100) and not as Intel HD 4000.

Thanks again to the OCLP Team.

Branch used: ventura-alpha => Today's version of 0.5.0 OCLP.

Edited by fernando.c.neves
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

yo dude try alcid=1 -lilubeta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, asdesoso said:

Here is mine, I removed these values from config.plist

I attach it from external server, because it doesn´t fit here, due to the 10 MB limit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0oZ1zfclYoGHP2cQPvoInwLuKkvlkoE/view?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-28 a las 11.02.08.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-28 a las 11.02.17.png

Can you show me the correct way to edit
/System/Volumes/Preboot/{Ventura Preboot UUID}/cryptex1/current:
- os.dmg
after successful

Extract OS.dmg from an Apple Silicon IPSW

Because I have tried many different ways all got frozen during booting of Ventura beta6 in Ivy Bridge Z77 hackintosh