[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Well it was one he££ of a journey on this Z590. Two full days of hand wringing and swearing plus looking back fondly at my old trusty Z390 but I got there in the end by looking at and stealing files from here and there. It is still a work in progress but Sleep/wake works although Ive lost B/Tooth and WIFI is a bit flaky. The Fenvi T-919 doesn't fit as part of it over hangs out of the slot. LAN on this board is the Aquantia 10Gbe Chip and I don't know if there is a fix or work around to utilise it, as B/T is not working I can't use my wireless Mouse and Keyboard so at the moment I am having to use an Old wired combo of the two I had lying around. Ive included my EFI Folder for scrutiny, hoping for some helpful input from the knowledgeable ones here,EFI.zip

Spoiler

• Like 9

@eSaF

Congrats on the rig :D
About the Aquantia Ethernet you are missing two things:

1. ForceAquantiaEthernet should be enabled under Kernel->Quirks

2. You might need to use a custom SSDT to change the device ID on my GA-Z690 board the device ID isn't supported by macOS so I'm using SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml to change that to a supported one.

What is the exact model of your mainboard? you might need to put the Fenvi in another x4 slot instead of an x2.

I removed the extra themes from the EFI folder to reduce the size.

EFI.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs Good day, a thousand thanks for the tip, will try your suggestion. The Board is the Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Master, the 4 Expansion Slots are quite large (same size as the Graphics Card one). Really appreciate the help, :thumbsup_anim: I will update my profile to remove any confusion when posting.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, fernando.c.neves said:

OCLP 0.5.0... MacBook Pro Early 2015 Retina A1502 - working with spoof as Intel HD 4000 in opencore 0.8.4 (OpenCore-Patcher.app).

After change image.thumb.png.bbc6868a760bb11dd60ddd6f8f20f2cb.png

And installing Kernel Debug Kit 13.0 Beta 6, disable AMFI boot-args (amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1), start OpenCore-Patcher.app (0.5.0) and install root patches

After boot: 

.image.thumb.png.87c21e5f0c744c6749ab0e9b2a857f68.png

image.thumb.png.1415ec2d8587ca26cdd1c5e29f606f2c.png

image.thumb.png.c0a4be67386bbc0b73310c54e166fdba.png

Showing as Metal 2 device.

Everything is working.

Thanks to the OCLP Team.

The links:

OCLP 0.5.0 Alpha => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEyq1aga1E7qh3ZwfTrRYuMptMaSqx-a/view?usp=sharing

EFI (Real Mac) OpenCore => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZIqMRA0X9QHOTlLwBWLDXrDf1itdner/view?usp=sharing

Ventura 13.0 Beta 6 => https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/40/58/012-61449-A_JHD6LSAQJ5/5xolew9pjw95g4ju8ocpx9qmufipr10myd/InstallAssistant.pkg

Kernel Debug Kit Ventura Beta 6 => https://download.developer.apple.com/macOS/Kernel_Debug_Kit_13.0_build_22A5331f/Kernel_Debug_Kit_13.0_build_22A5331f.dmg

Did you need os.dmg from M1 at first for your ivy-bridge CPU which lack of AVX-2 instruction set ?

12 hours ago, asdesoso said:

Me too, here is my Ivy Bridge laptop i7 3632QM HD 4000 working very well surprisingly, I need to do a lot of tries and intense research, firstly with os.dmg from M1, then KDK, and finally the OCLP 0.5.0. But also I have problems with AMFI boot-arg in Clover, isn´t working too, so I do a quite simple thing, nvram boot-args="amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" in Terminal, and after that check if it prints the line with nvram -p | grep "amfi" and voila. This is because NVMRAM isn´t working.

The only problem I have currently, is other browser than Safari, all hangs and crash such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

I remember that with Monterey 12.3 there was happened this, with OC I couldn´t repair it, so I went back to Clover and the problem was solved in a moment, but currently I have also Clover but doesn´t work as past as OC.

All is working, HD 4000, Ethernet, WiFi, BT, Sound, USB 3.0, ACPI.

Thanks for the OCLP team, with your work we can give to our machines a little bit more of life.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-27 a las 10.06.33.png

Hey can you share your EFI kindly.

13 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Z77 DS3h i5 3570K HD 4000 latest OpenCore and Clover in attach. I had RX 570, 580 on this board and worked really well. You should change the IGPU from main to headless.

Z77 DS3h.zip 2.54 MB · 12 downloads

Thank you for your help.

1-SSD monterey 12.5.1

2-SSD vetura beta 6 continually restart and KP:(( where am I going wrong?

Montereyconfig.plist venturaconfig.plist

@eSaF

you're welcome man.

I guess you need to map the USB ports first (if you haven't done it already) and then use the intel BT kext.

Just to clarify one more thing the bottom PCIe port on your mainboard is the x4 port and you can use it for fenvi adapter, the first PCIe is x16 and the second is x8.

If you need any more help to avoid going off-topic here, you can send me a PM so we can continue this over PM.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

you're welcome man.

I guess you need to map the USB ports first (if you haven't done it already) and then use the intel BT kext.

Just to clarify one more thing the bottom PCIe port on your mainboard is the x4 port and you can use it for fenvi adapter, the first PCIe is x16 and the second is x8.

If you need any more help to avoid going off-topic here, you can send me a PM so we can continue this over PM.

Or better, swap the intel wifi with the wifi card from fenvi.

1 hour ago, ruslan61 said:

Thank you for your help.

1-SSD monterey 12.5.1

2-SSD vetura beta 6 continually restart and KP:(( where am I going wrong?

Montereyconfig.plist 36.17 kB · 1 download venturaconfig.plist 29.29 kB · 1 download

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/oc-ventura-install-on-cmp-5-1.2347310/

Post #15

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

@Cyberdevs and @eSaF all my Fenvi's work natively in 1x lane slots on all my hacks, without any kexts that need to be added at all.

The large slot (long slot) pairs are usually x16 lane slots each, if and only if one slot in a pair is populated.

Any one pair x16 lane slots being both occupied by an extension card, such as a DGPU  in one x16 slot and something else in the other x16 slot of that pair, reduces the available lanes for the 2 slots in a pair to merely x8 lanes per slot, that's the Gigabyte way of doing things.

Greeting Henties

Edited by Henties
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Alder Lake update went fine sort of, the incremental update failed so I had to download the full installer via software update but at the end everything went just ok.

image.png

I'm late to the party. but I have the same issue. with the update but I worked out well

• Like 4

On 8/26/2022 at 4:05 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Devs, you rock! Thank you!

Haswell laptop i3 4005u HD 4400.

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

Ivy Bridge laptop i7 3840QM HD 4000.

Reveal hidden contents

2.thumb.png.16d8e32f8e000e094194bb44788b0371.png

Ivy Bridge desktop i7 3770 HD 4000 + FirePro W5100. OCLP patched OK, but I don't have hardware acceleration.

Reveal hidden contents

3.thumb.png.6b4645741cb9df75de1654adf15ae992.png

Ivy Bridge desktop i5 3570K HD 4000. This one was tough. I needed to enable UEFI-csm and insert an old GPU to see the light. After patching, all OK.

Reveal hidden contents

4.thumb.png.b5e2762175e417ce5703ca8b4b53f69d.png

Ivy Bridge 6 series i5 3470 HD 2500 + NVIDIA GT 710. I love this rig (my iMac G3 project). It is funny to see this old peace of hardware working so well with Ventura (Thanx again Devs). HD 2500 fully accelerated!!! Hackintool crash after update in this machine.

Reveal hidden contents

5.thumb.png.496388c7de235719dea7f3ad7d5ad5db.png 6.thumb.png.c8245706960c63009c1c7f8dc2fdc6eb.png

boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" is enough. I used Clover_r5149 to install beta 6 in one machine, but it can not disable AMFI and I switched to OpenCore to use OpenCore-Patcher.app. After patching, Clover works well.

Nice!. Have you tried to install Ventura on LGA775 board?

• Like 1

The system clock of my Skylake hack, with Ventura Beta 6 installed, stops advancing during times that the hack is sleeping. As soon as it wakes  I get a message that, because time is not synced the machine cannot sync files with the local cloud services. Once the system time has synced again, to a time server nearby, everything is normal and working as it should.

I don't have an entry of "APCI000E" in the DSDT.aml therefore I don't believe the problem is fixable with an ACPI patch such as a SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml file, tailored for my particular system.

Not being able to find APCI000Ein the DSDT indicates that an AWAC clock is not present.

I would appreciate any help to solve this nagging problem.

The attached uptime folder registers a total of 1:50 hrs. that power to the machine was available,  during an actual timespan of close to 4:5 hrs. All of the  1:50 hrs. were accumulated while the machine was NOT asleep, therefore the clock stopped advancing for the period the hack was sleeping. 

The EFI folder for this hack has also been attached.

Greetings Henties

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 9.11.24 PM.png

EFI.zip Uptime.rtf

4 minutes ago, Henties said:

The system clock of my Skylake hack, with Ventura Beta 6 installed, stops advancing during times that the hack is sleeping. As soon as it wakes  I get a message that, because time is not synced the machine cannot sync files with the local cloud services. Once the system time has synced again, to a time server nearby, everything is normal and working as it should.

I don't have an entry of "APCI000E" in the DSDT.aml therefore I don't believe the problem is fixable with an ACPI patch such as a SSDT-AWAC-HPET-RTC.aml file, tailored for my particular system.

Not being able to find APCI000Ein the DSDT indicates that an AWAC clock is not present.

I would appreciate any help to solve this nagging problem.

The attached uptime folder registers a total of 1:50 hrs. that power to the machine was available,  during an actual timespan of close to 4:5 hrs. All of the  1:50 hrs. were accumulated while the machine was NOT asleep, therefore the clock stopped advancing for the period the hack was sleeping. 

The EFI folder for this hack has also been attached.

Greetings Henties

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 9.11.24 PM.png

EFI.zip 9.42 MB · 0 downloads Uptime.rtf 917 B · 0 downloads

From my experience, SSDT-AWAC would still fix it even if you don't have "APCI000E" in your DSDT. Also, check if your BIOS clock is advancing. If not try CMOS reset.

@FirstTimeCustomac My BIOS clock is advancing as it should, and a cmos reset has also been performed.

I have always been hesitant to feed my EFI with patches that do not make sense to me.

It could actually be that the cmos battery is flat and the clock is getting it's power from the PSU when it is fully on, which during sleep the PSU is also on standby and only supplies minimal juice to selected circuits, I will have to check it.

Greetings Henties

• Like 1

Two days ago I downloaded the complete beta 6 installer and created a flash drive... you hadn't tried it until today... I tried it in a virtual machine in Unraid... and now after installing the system I see in settings that I marks an update... I look and it shows that it is beta 6 ?¿? 🤪 ..

I look at the version that the system marks me before letting it update and I get this:

13.0 Beta (22A5311f)

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-29 a las 22.03.38.png

It is not the same version as the beta 6 update ....

377672390_Capturadepantalla2022-08-29alas22_06_45.thumb.png.9fac9587077ba1db204f48737c4fd3b9.png

And the final version of beta 6 is (22A5331f), Which is the one I have in the SSD that I normally use without virtualizing... and in the Lenovo laptop

How is it possible that the full install is older than the update?

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

@FirstTimeCustomac I rechecked my Bios clock and came to the conclusion that I need to replace a flat cmos battery.

Here is how I verified that it is probably the cmos clock battery, causing the strange sleep wakeup behaviour. 

Disable all networking, BT included.

Power down the machine for 10 minutes.

Boot machine again and observe that your clock, in the menu bar is behind by the amount of time that the machine was switched off.

Also observe that the clock is actually running, but stays behind by the amount of switch-off time.

Reconnect the machine to the network, and voila, time synchronises with a time server out there, whereafter everything is honkey dory again.

Will roll up my sleeves tomorrow and replace the cmos battery.

Observing a running clock from the desktop is therefore meaningless because there are extraneous factors that make one believe the clock is actually working correctly, when it is not.

Thanks for providing the actual trigger, that encouraged me to think this over again.

Greetings Henties

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Henties said:

@FirstTimeCustomac My BIOS clock is advancing as it should, and a cmos reset has also been performed.

I have always been hesitant to feed my EFI with patches that do not make sense to me.

It could actually be that the cmos battery is flat and the clock is getting it's power from the PSU when it is fully on, which during sleep the PSU is also on standby and only supplies minimal juice to selected circuits, I will have to check it.

Greetings Henties

Battery

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Two days ago I downloaded the complete beta 6 installer and created a flash drive... you hadn't tried it until today... I tried it in a virtual machine in Unraid... and now after installing the system I see in settings that I marks an update... I look and it shows that it is beta 6 ?¿? 🤪 ..

I look at the version that the system marks me before letting it update and I get this:

13.0 Beta (22A5311f)

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-29 a las 22.03.38.png

It is not the same version as the beta 6 update ....

377672390_Capturadepantalla2022-08-29alas22_06_45.thumb.png.9fac9587077ba1db204f48737c4fd3b9.png

And the final version of beta 6 is (22A5331f), Which is the one I have in the SSD that I normally use without virtualizing... and in the Lenovo laptop

How is it possible that the full install is older than the update?

I have two versions of Ventura installed in my system on two different SSD, one updated and one clean install. I think 22A5331f is the Developer beta and 22A531f is the public beta. Public beta is newer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1