[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Unavailable Private relay - 

Same story on X299. ( OSX Ventura is still vanilla on my system ).

I even tried toggling on/off combinations WFI & Ethernet. 

I can still use my VPN in the future so no big deal for now . ( VPN not installed yet on Ventura ).

image.thumb.png.6688782b40147f65f92106ecdad3eba0.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 7

I'm not going to use private relay, but if it helps you, today I rebooted on my i5 to update monterey that I have on another SSD, and I tried to activate private relay, and everything went well:

1176501390_RelayprivadoMonetrey.png.cf4812b94806594b0eaa78e846d25e14.png

But now when I return to Ventura it has stopped working 😆

1321324811_Capturadepantalla2022-07-20alas23_22_51.png.ea036402ca02e1af8ddcd23e8104dcc1.png

I use the same EFI for both systems 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

@Ellybz

Hi,

no problem with private relay in Ventura Beta 3 and X299 Sage 10G. 

Is it a clean install of Ventura, or have you upgraded from Monterey to Ventura?

Because if you update from Monterey to Ventura private relay still works in beta 3

• Like 3

With regard to @aufuk1 's issue here, I noticed that I was not able to block the loading of a kext in Ventura Beta 3 with OC 0.8.3.  It was an experiment that I was doing and was not important, so I discounted the issue as my own user error and never tried again.  Has anyone else noticed a problem with blocking kexts in Ventura via OC's Kernel > Block mechanism (Strategy: Disable)?

I tried to block with SIP enabled and with SIP disabled and found that the particular kext I was testing was still loading.  Again, I dismissed this as my own user error and am now wondering if in fact this is something new with OC and Ventura.   Thank you.

EDIT: I briefly looked through OC issues and found this.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

With regard to @aufuk1 's issue here, I noticed that I was not able to block the loading of a kext in Ventura Beta 3 with OC 0.8.3.  It was an experiment that I was doing and was not important, so I discounted the issue as my own user error and never tried again.  Has anyone else noticed a problem with blocking kexts in Ventura via OC's Kernel > Block mechanism (Strategy: Disable)?

I tried to block with SIP enabled and with SIP disabled and found that the particular kext I was testing was still loading.  Again, I dismissed this as my own user error and am now wondering if in fact this is something new with OC and Ventura.   Thank you.

EDIT: I briefly looked through OC issues and found this.

I was going to ask whether the blocking worked on Monterey. My attempts indeed also failed there...

9 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

@Ellybz

Hi,

no problem with private relay in Ventura Beta 3 and X299 Sage 10G. 

I'm still looking for the issue. It's also unavailable with Monterey. ( System settings incompatible ). The presence of the I210 or intelAX200 might be the culprit.

Switching today to BCM94360 ( Waiting for the card ).  Enough with the Intel BT/WiFi B.S. 🤬

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Is it a clean install of Ventura, or have you upgraded from Monterey to Ventura?

Because if you update from Monterey to Ventura private relay still works in beta 3

Clean install of Ventura first beta became beta 3 with the updates. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

I'm still looking for the issue. It's also unavailable with Monterey. ( System settings incompatible ). The presence of the I210 or intelAX200 might be the culprit.

Switching today to BCM94360 ( Waiting for the card ).  Enough with the Intel BT/WiFi B.S. 🤬

I am with Fenvi-T919. But honestly it does not fully satisfy me and I decided to buy the original Apple bcm943602cdp card. The card has arrived. I am waiting for the adapter..

• Like 2

Hi to all, I am still having the same black screen issue on my Skylake using the latest kexts and oc 8.3, smbios 14.1, what happen is when the system boots to the black screen the display is only if i connect an external hdmi which is working perfectly, i wish someone can log into my pc via team viewer to check if any solution for the internal display, the display is working properly in Monerey but with Ventura it isnt.

Any suggestions, anyone can help me solving this issue. with many thanks.

on Monterey, display and hdmi working perfectly.

on Ventura , only external hdmi display works, internal display shows a black screen.

9 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

I am with Fenvi-T919. But honestly it does not fully satisfy me and I decided to buy the original Apple bcm943602cdp card. The card has arrived. I am waiting for the adapter..

I hear you. I did the switch today with BCM94360NG ( on M.2 adapter ). Wifi & BT are working OOB ( Including Airdrop ) but I'm not happy. 🙁

Good news (first) : IPhone camera continuity works with Ventura and this feature is amazing! :thumbsup_anim:. (IOS 16 )

Bad news : Universal control with IPad Pro (3rd Gn) is not working . IPad screen turns black or does not work when  I try to connect it. (Same story with Monterey). IOS 15.5. I would really like to use Universal control of Keyboard+mouse between the Hack & the IPad. Handoff/Cursor & Keys are  on IPad:blowup:

image.thumb.png.e03c70c6125664f2fce2d92b59102a9e.png

This might be off topic but If someone has successfully achieved Universal Control with Ipad, could you please provide your infos ( BCM No /Kext/ SMBIOS/IOS Version /Etc). I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

Private relay is still DOA with Ventura Beta3 & new WiFi/BT card.

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellybz said:

I hear you. I did the switch today with BCM94360NG ( on M.2 adapter ). Wifi & BT are working OOB ( Including Airdrop ) but I'm not happy. 🙁

Good news (first) : IPhone camera continuity works with Ventura and this feature is amazing! :thumbsup_anim:. (IOS 16 )

Bad news : Universal control with IPad Pro (3rd Gn) is not working . IPad screen turns black or does not work when  I try to connect it. (Same story with Monterey). IOS 15.5. I would really like to use Universal control of Keyboard+mouse between the Hack & the IPad. Handoff/Cursor & Keys are  on IPad:blowup:

image.thumb.png.e03c70c6125664f2fce2d92b59102a9e.png

This might be off topic but If someone has successfully achieved Universal Control with Ipad, could you please provide your infos ( BCM No /Kext/ SMBIOS/IOS Version /Etc). I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

Private relay is still DOA with Ventura Beta3 & new WiFi/BT card.

If I am correct you would need IGPU for that to work. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hi to all, I am still having the same black screen issue on my Skylake using the latest kexts and oc 8.3, smbios 14.1, what happen is when the system boots to the black screen the display is only if i connect an external hdmi which is working perfectly, i wish someone can log into my pc via team viewer to check if any solution for the internal display, the display is working properly in Monerey but with Ventura it isnt.

Any suggestions, anyone can help me solving this issue. with many thanks.

on Monterey, display and hdmi working perfectly.

on Ventura , only external hdmi display works, internal display shows a black screen.

Hello again! 

I believe I have possibly discovered the reason why your LVDS panel goes blank when using KBL framebuffers. Context: I had a look into your display's native EDID (extracted from the IOREG you shared earlier in the thread, thanks for that) and ran a few test runs; it looks like KBL's LVDS connectors actually fails to activate LVDS panels that have screen dimensions of a 17-inch defined in its native EDID. (most likely there was no reason for Apple to include support for 17inch LVDS panels by the time KBL generation was introduced)

To further prove above theory and potentially solve your issue, I have attached a .plist file below for your convenience, which contains your display's EDID modified to dimensions natively supported by KBL profiles. To inject rectified EDID, you'll need to copy/include the property AAPL00,override-no-connect with its corresponding value to your iGPU device location PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) under DeviceProperties of your config.plistTheoretically, this should, at the least, help activate your LVDS panel on Ventura.

Good luck!

EDID_17inch.plist

Edited by aben
  • Like 7

Guest ricoc90
8 hours ago, Ellybz said:

As surenmunoo correctly mentioned, you indeed would need an iGPU.

22 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

You do realize that the Fenvi-T919 actually uses a real Apple Wi-Fi/BT card correct?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pietralbino said:

Salve, HD 4600 con Ventura ancora incompatibile? 

it is incompatible and it's gonna stay that way until someone finds a way to roll back the kexts from Monterey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

You do realize that the Fenvi-T919 actually uses a real Apple Wi-Fi/BT card correct?

Yes, of course, but as soon as I mount the new card I quote your post again and I will show you the differences with the fenvi. Which in my opinion is not assembled in the best way.

4 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

It is indeed, I guess the devs will develop their own dortania(mac)OS at this pace that apple is dropping support for hardware and soon the whole x86 platform all together :D

• Like 1