[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

@pbryanw this why I love about this community, Sharing is Caring.

And once again thanks to the devs for making the installation of Ventura possible for all of us and the members whom shared their experiences so everyone can learn how to resolve the issues. 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, pbryanw said:

Long time lurker here - just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread for their hard work.

Without which, my Ventura installation wouldn't have gone nearly as smoothly 👍

A few notes from my installation - this was done using a USB drive:

• I upgraded OpenCore to the latest 0.8.3 release before proceeding (thanks to @aben for the link). Found this out, after many black screens during installation. https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases
  • The same was true for Lilu, which I updated to the latest version from here: https://dortania.github.io/builds/
  • All-in-all, my Hackintosh rebooted about 6 times during the installation process. On the penultimate boot, I also got a kernel panic. The next boot into Ventura was fine, though.

Ventura System.png

With your 6800, you use some kind of framebuffer (Belknap) inject in config.plist? or nothing?... tnx

• Like 2

Guest ricoc90
3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

And once again thanks to the devs for making the installation of Ventura possible for all of us and the members whom shared their experiences so everyone can learn how to resolve the issues. 

thanks dad

Edited by ricoc90

Maybe this issue has already been solved. I've not read all posts in this thread.

OC and kexts are updated to 12 July.

System boots and after I enter my password it reboots. This happen  on Ventura, Monterey and BS.

Thanks for helping if possible.

P.S: maybe the problem is related to my bootargs: #dk.e1000=0 #e1000=0

Edited by Joshua60
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Guest 5T33Z0

@Joshua60 If there's a # in front of a boot-arg this means it's disabled. You need to read the documentation of downloaded configs/EFIs before deploying them…

@D3v1L - Hi, sorry for the delay in replying to you - I used the ATY,Belknap framebuffer in config.plist for my RX 6800.

I want to thank whoever first mentioned the DeviceProperties tweak on this thread, as I've been using WEG up to this point.

Edited by pbryanw
  • Like 4

@pbryanw I was just looking at this for someone else - not sure if it's the first reference to ATY,Belknap in this thread.  Just to clarify, you are no longer using WEG after adding DeviceProperty ATY,Belknap?

• Like 1

If my Wifi and Bluetooth are shown as below screenshot should i be using AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext in Ventura?

Locale is wrong in Wifi.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 10.46.47 am.png

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 11.07.05 am.png

On 7/12/2022 at 6:02 PM, ndungu6678 said:

Ventura B3 (22A5295i)-No issues🙂 

image.png

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.3

RX 580 

Edited by ichelash
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Joshua60 If there's a # in front of a boot-arg this means it's disabled. You need to read the documentation of downloaded configs/EFIs before deploying them…

Thank you @5T33Z0 for your answer, I appreciated.

To build config.plist and EFI (Comet Lake) I use this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/. It is for OC 0.7.8 and as far as I know never been updated.

Now I activated dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0. Ventura boots fine but has no Internet connection.

Monterey has Internet connection.

The guide does not mention this arguments. Maybe there is a third bootarg for Ventura? 

Thank you for your support.

45 minutes ago, Joshua60 said:

Thank you @5T33Z0 for your answer, I appreciated.

To build config.plist and EFI (Comet Lake) I use this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/. It is for OC 0.7.8 and as far as I know never been updated.

Now I activated dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0. Ventura boots fine but has no Internet connection.

Monterey has Internet connection.

The guide does not mention this arguments. Maybe there is a third bootarg for Ventura? 

Thank you for your support.

You need enable this kext at Ventura:

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 6.11.16 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

@jsl2000 thanks for your post.

A question, does Applelntell210Ethernet.kext work with Intel I225-V? As far as I know it doesn't. Monterey and BS does not. 

That's why MinKernel=22.0.0

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, meaganmargaret said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, my attempt to upgrade to the latest Ventura beta failed.

But up until then Ventura (Beta 2) was working. 

I am wondering if the issue is my Z370 board.  I did notice that most of you are running Z390 and other later boards.

Has anyone on this thread have a Z370 board running the very latest Ventura Beta (95/96i)?

Booter --> Quirks --> EnableWriteUnprotector --> Yes

with previous versions it was not needed, with Ventura instead it must be enabled

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kuro4kin said:

the result matters!
Yes, I work in Mac OS Catalina.
old EFI +WEG +Lilu and eventually Ventura!))

Let's talk when the time is right mac os 13!?

Since I have the same motherboard and I tried your EFI out of curiosity, it remains a mystery to me that it works for you, since it immediately crashes and causes numerous errors.

Please note, I already have working EFI for mojave, catalina, big sur, monterey and ventura with Clover and OC

• Like 1

@pbryanw I was just looking at this for someone else - not sure if it's the first reference to ATY,Belknap in this thread.  Just to clarify, you are no longer using WEG after adding DeviceProperty ATY,Belknap?

@deeveedee - Yep, I'm no longer using WEG, and have removed "agdpmod=pikera" from my boot-args, as per this guide (that someone linked to earlier in this thread).

Edited by pbryanw
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

... it remains a mystery to me that it works for you, since it immediately crashes and causes numerous errors.

I just answered a question from a certain madam! 

I don't owe anything to anyone, especially to you mister! :)

Р.S  I also have a firmware old
ROG-STRIX-Z370-I-GAMING-SUS-2401.CAP

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 8.19.52 PM.png

Edited by kuro4kin

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

Booter --> Quirks --> EnableWriteUnprotector --> Yes

with previous versions it was not needed, with Ventura instead it must be enabled

Clover WIKI

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 20.20.57.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1