[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, PMheart said:

One more thing: Now that we removed profile 2 for decoding, shall we do the same thing for encoding?

I was just editing my earlier post to include this info and saw your reply, I've quoted it below :) 

And yes, I've tested the new commit, Profile 2 successfully drops. Thank you once again! 

UPDATE: To further confirm the relation of Profile 2 to HEVC 10-bit support, I attempted to encode a video to H.265 10-bit format using an open-source video transcoder HandBrake; as expected, the system indeed freezes up due to the presence of Profile 2 under 'IOGVAHEVCEncodeCapabilities'. Once again, removing this Profile allows for proper sw-encode of 10-bit without causing system to freeze up. At this point, I believe it would only be practical to have Profile 2 removed from EncodeCapabilities as well, should a user attempt to encode 10-bit when using KBL kexts on SKL.

Edited by aben
Typo
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, aben said:

I just edited my earlier post to include this info :) 

And yes, I've tested the new commit, Profile 2 successfully drops. Thank you once again! 

UPDATE: To further confirm the relation of Profile 2 to HEVC 10-bit support, I attempted to encode a video to H.265 10-bit format using an open-source video transcoder HandBrake; as expected, the system indeed freezes up due to the presence of Profile 2 under 'IOGVAHEVCEncodeCapabilities'. Once again, removing this Profile allows for proper sw-encode of 10-bit without causing system to freeze up. At this point, I believe it would only be practical to have Profile 2 removed from EncodeCapabilities as well, should a user attempt to encode 10-bit when using KBL kexts on SKL.

Nice! And sure, I will handle it.

Meanwhile, if you want to help me test another one:  https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2643413607

This one has nothing to do with SKL/KBL patches, but is some code cleanup with the fw disabling etc. As long as you don’t get KP from it, it is then fine.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 5

On 7/9/2022 at 9:27 PM, D3v1L said:

I think he use MacPro7,1 smbios with AMD rig...so, WEG is not needed at all. Maybe sometimes system is more powerful w/o this kext...... Black screen issues in multi screen is only on iMac and iMacPro with some old dgpu... with WEG you NEED to use agdpmod pikera and you multimonitor work... without weg and MP7,1 (Ryzen etc, need to use this smbios to work correctly...) ALL port are recognized and work like expected with Navi dgpu (drm and fairplay 3.x too)...

weg is good but definitely not  "must needed"... 

I am testing a fresh install now with some config changes and kext updates. Will update thread how it goes. If this one fails then I’ll switch to using WEG and the boot-arg suggested above.

Still no luck. Tried all boot args, tried beta 2, latest dev kexts, still end up with black screen / no signal instead of initial setup screen. The whole install can be seen until that point. And Monterey still works with no issues. Maybe Monterey will be the last macOS on my AMD system. 

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

Upgrade of my HackMini8,1 to Ventura Beta 3 proceeded without issues using OC 0.8.3_30acb571 and Lilu-1.6.2_2ff83c6.  Well done, developers!

HackMini8,1: Ventura Beta 3

Spoiler

1736009511_Screenshot2022-07-10at8_56_46AM.thumb.png.229deaa12b7f5de66a96b841c8f89479.png

EDIT: For the Ventura Beta 3 upgrade, my EFI is as follows:

• Start with my OC 0.8.2 EFI posted here
  • Update to OC 0.8.3 Beta
    • EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
    • EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
    • EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi, AudioDxe.efi, ResetNvramEntry.efi
  • EFI/OC/Kexts: Replace Lilu.kext 1.6.1 (Release) with Lilu.kext 1.6.2 Beta
Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 6

And that's it... finally updated to macOS Ventura beta 3, but had to resort to a hybrid method.

Initiate the update with my current EFI, but at the first reboot had to continue with the USB installer, until the last reboot continued with my current EFI.

Now what I want to know is why mi current EFI, boots fine, but did't work at install... 

Updated clover 0.8.3, updated kexts and drivers.

Anyone could help?

Thank you

Captura de ecrã 2022-07-10, às 14.11.33.png

config.plist.zip

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Sad 1

@MorenoAv I'm not sure if this helps you, but I was able to upgrade from Ventura Beta 2 to Ventura Beta 3 after upgrading my OC 0.8.2 EFI (attached here) to OC 0.8.3 Beta and Lilu 1.6.2 Beta (provided by fusion71au here).  I didn't make any other changes to my EFI / config.plist.  I noticed that your config.plist includes boot-arg -no_cpmact_check.  This is a new boot-arg for me - what is this?  Is that supposed to be -no_compat_check?  With SMBIOS iMac20,2 you don't need -no_compat_check (but you already know that), so I'm curious to know about this new boot-arg -no_cpmact_check.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

It's a typo, but I'm correcting it right away, good eye...

Thanks

It's the only error in my config.plist?

That don't explain why I can't install with this EFI but can boot after install...  

• Sad 1

@MorenoAv I'm not familiar with your hardware, but I didn't see any glaring issues with your config.plist and I don't have your entire EFI to review.  If you had a typo in your config.plist, is it also possible that you didn't update all OC files when you upgraded to OC 0.8.3 Beta?  You might want to confirm in your EFI (file date July 8, 2022):

• EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi

For Ventura Beta 3, in addition to making sure you have completely updated your OC 0.8.3 Beta, also make sure your have Lilu 1.6.2 Beta.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Asus Vivo AiO V241IC-R 

intel i3-6006u
intel HD520
8 go Memory RAM
SSD
Bootloader Clover r5148
fake IG-Platform 5916
SMBIOS iMac17,1

Update Ventura Dev beta2 a Ventura Dev Beta3

Spoiler

180031767_Capturedecran2022-07-10a18_46_32.thumb.png.0080e328e98c47a2384a6623595240b2.png1492507288_Capturedecran2022-07-10a19_01_30.thumb.png.382c72f1b8840cf183a63e2078611663.png

• Like 5

@deeveedee,

That I din't forgot, I updated OpenCore 0.8.3 and updated Lilu to 1.6.2 and WhateverGreen to the last version... and it boot's fine Ventura beta 3, but don't install is a weird issue...

Thanks anyway...

Hi!

I've installed the Beta 3 on my Haswell system. Had to change the Secure boot option from J137 to Default, but now I can't log into my dasboard.

Roughly transated:

"User "xxx" can't login because of an error"

How can I get rid off and get back to my dashbaord please?

Customize toolbar does not work in any window.
Is that the case for you too or just for me?
The finder then hangs up immediately.

UPDATE: 

Problem solved.

It depends on the language setting. With the English language, the Customize Toolbar option works fine,

only with the German language, it doesn't work and the Finder hangs, so only a Finder restart is required.
Is probably still a beta error.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Slice said:

HWMonitorSMC is working.

Old HWMonitor working here-vs Version 6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800. Even dragging popup window But HWMonitorSMC vs2.6.1 window automatically closes when dragged

Note: this is on Ventura B2- not tested on Ventura B3!

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 1.26.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.3

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 1

Guest ricoc90
5 hours ago, Slice said:

Menu in Eclipse.app is not working.

Not only that but Eclipse keeps crashing on my end

12 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Not only that but Eclipse keeps crashing on my end

I made full installation of latest Eclipse. I can search text (Ctrl-H, Alt-F) and edit it. Then save the file by Alt-S.

No crashes. But I can't use menu.

• Like 1

I get this error when trying to update from B1 to B3 using last oc commit "OpenCorePkg 53c67f3", Haswell-E CPU (Has AVX2), Asus x99 deluxe mobo. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.8f4044e6fa65afa5df4a8ef283a57c23.png

Edited by dMatik
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ricoc90
39 minutes ago, dMatik said:

I get this error when trying to update from B1 to B3 using last oc commit "OpenCorePkg 53c67f3", Haswell-E CPU (Has AVX2), Asus x99 deluxe mobo. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8f4044e6fa65afa5df4a8ef283a57c23.png

I got the same issue. Close it and let it search for updates again, it then should download the full application (12-ish gigs?) instead which did install without any issues for me.