[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Guys, networking fails for me, any ideas?

Using VMware Workstation 16.2.x, running on top of Windows 11 OS, with macOS Unlocker.

Installed macOS Ventura 13 Beta -- Developer Beta 1 - just fine, but no IP address is assigned, and no apparent way to fix that.

Using Bridged networking for VMware VMs.

(Active network adapter in Windows 11 Host OS is the built-in Intel WiFi adapter. Laptop has a LAN port too, but nothing connected to that.)

This is on the Intel Haswell HP Workstation laptop in my signature - Intel Haswell Core i7 CPU, 4 cores/8 threads, 32 GB of DDR3 RAM. :) 

EDIT: It seems I do not have latest 22A5286j build.

If I update to that, will it/could it help with networking?

EDIT #2: Okay, so this kind of works on Intel Haswell (minus Networking). I hear it's a problem using macOS Beta this on previous Intel generation, Ivy Bridge?

I have ALL of macOS 10.9 Mavericks to latest Monterey 12.4 running more or less fine right now as virtual machines (under VMware Workstation, info above).

It is true the new Ventura 13 Beta does not work on Intel Ivy Bridge at all? 

If so, any way to fix, or must I wait longer? :worried_anim:

Edited by Naki

10 minutes ago, Slice said:

My trouble is I can't start Ventura with iMacPro1,1 but I can with iMac17,1. Don't know yet why. 

VoodooHDA is not working.

VoodooHDA works, just one more command

sudo kextload -v /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Slice said:

My trouble is I can't start Ventura with iMacPro1,1 but I can with iMac17,1. Don't know yet why. 

VoodooHDA is not working.

It's the same for me, I was using iMacPro1,1 before but now Ventura only works with iMac19,1. 

Note: I can boot with iMacPro or MacPro adding ATY,Henbury patch in config.plist but dropping RX 6600 performance so I'm now with iMac.

About VoodooHDA you'll discover how to fix it. We are in a very early Ventura stage.

(Posted before reading your last post).

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Slice and others

Forgotten to say that Clover 5146 boots fine Ventura on my system. iMac19,1.

Reveal hidden contents

Clover.thumb.png.7d36b83bd074827a84e84c1c1c97bbaf.png

Unfortunately with the v5146 with MacPro 7.1 many are experiencing problems to boot  , and  devalidation of the Nvram, even after it is not possible to boot even with OC
Solvable only with a CMOS 🙄

Edited by antuneddu
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:
all you need to do it's open up the terminal

and do /Volumes/Image\ Volume/Install\ macOS\ Ventura\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/

it will ask to agree to license, after typing A it should start.

Errors out with reboot here

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

You have to kill the process from "Activity Monitor"

And see that Handoof is not active but also interrupts sleep on beta 2 

look at it in the terminal:

pmset -g assertions

this is what I did with much success. Open Activity monitor. Search for weather widget. Once found force quit. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bisdak4920 said:

this is what I did with much success. Open Activity monitor. Search for weather widget. Once found force quit. That's it.

In my case, I have an iPad that I have installed iOS16 on and I have it next to the computer, and if I have handoff activated, the iPad does not let the computer go to sleep....

And it is a bug in beta 2 because with beta 1 I can have safari open on the iPad and the computer goes to sleep perfectly 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bisdak4920 said:

So, every time you reboot you have to go to Activity monitor app and kill it? 
i guess we need to wait for beta 3 for the real fix.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

So, every time you reboot you have to go to Activity monitor app and kill it? 
i guess we need to wait for beta 3 for the real fix.

Like I said earlier, it's a futile exercise, we are only two Betas in to be chasing something that will be fixed later so why waste time on it but Tinkers will tinker I guess. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Like I said earlier, it's a futile exercise, we are only two Betas in to be chasing something that will be fixed later so why waste time on it but Tinkers will tinker I guess. :lol:

This is a known Men disease. It is called “Gotta fix it NOW!” 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Aluveitie said:

@SavageAUS I recently helped someone with similar issues with an RX 6600 XT, using Apples Framebuffer fixed the issue for him on Ventura.

Would you mind explaining how to do so with OpenCore? I was going to try adgpmod=ignore tonight hopefully. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Would you mind explaining how to do so with OpenCore? I was going to try adgpmod=ignore tonight hopefully. 

Look for the patch, here you have the code to be added:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351159-rx-6600-xt-henbury-framebuffer-and-zero-rpm-in-monterey-123/

Be sure what is the PCI path to your AMD. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aluveitie said:

@asdeso you can patch in the old kexts from Big Sur, but you have to break the root volume seal and lose incremental updates. And you have to redo this after every update.

I am quite familiar with this patches, because a have an Ivy laptop, with HD 4000 that in Monterey need to do similar.

So old kexts from Big Sur, could be for example the NVIDIA Kepler patch from chris1111 for Monterey?

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Anyone on AMD with an RX 6800 XT? I get a black screen instead of the installer page. With Monterey I use -wegoff and it works fine. 

Yes, my computer with Ryzen and RX6600, it has never shown the installation screen...

I have installed ventura with the intel and I have taken the SSD to the Ryzen, and the same thing happens, a black screen when the graphical environment should load...

It doesn't matter if I use "ATY,Henbury" + agdpmod=pikera ... the result is always the same

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

For those who have Mac Pro 7,1 in Ventura.

With the latest versions of Restrict Events, OpenCore and other kexts, System Preferences displays a RAM misconfiguration warning. This doesn't happen in Monterey.

Spoiler

Memory1.thumb.png.a0318dea329d6d787f3ab712678caa2c.png

Memory2.thumb.png.63f356f05f1bb7f37b202985d3063d09.png

System Profile, however, shows the Memory tab well.

Spoiler

Memory3.thumb.png.c08d260363425f117c928b938680eb4a.png

Does this happen to anyone else?

EDIT: this is not fixed by adding Custom memory in config.plist but the warning text changes.

Spoiler

Memory4.thumb.png.52cff4b4b3130447820062133654dad5.png

Edited by miliuco