[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Solved, using an hybrid method, booted from usb installer until the installer stoped and didn't proceed with the install.

Reboot and remove usb installer clear NVRam, and continue with my EFI in the ssd, and pronto... update made...

Captura de ecrã 2022-06-22, às 21.17.15.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

make sure that SIP is enabled and SecureBootModel is set to default.

Thank you for your help. My system's SIP has already enabled but SecureBootModel was disabled. I turned it default and update appears.

• Like 2

After having a terrible time with the first Beta, I approached this one with some apprehension and dread, had a look at the success posts then decided to go ahead. Happy to say install was flawless and complete.

Spoiler

1600405524_Screenshot2022-06-22at21_50_35.thumb.png.bb8793dad327afdaffaac2bcfedc8e31.png

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Framebuffer has no involvement in obtaining the update. It's usually a matter of SIP, SMBIOS and, sometimes boot arg (-no_compat_check) and/or SecureBootModel. And, in the case of beta versions, whether you enrolled in the Developer Beta program or the Public Beta program. Former is required here, not latter since no public beta will published before July.

Thank you for detailed info. 

For those with the skylake HD 530 laptop black screen problem, you may want to try this.

Some skylake laptops with LVDS screen have a problem that, under macos, any screen brightness setting below max brightness will result in a black screen, until the first sleep/wake cycle. The problem is that after clearing the nvram, macos will initialize the "backlight-level" variable to a value that is below peek brightness, and therefore the screen will remain black. To complicate the problem even more, at this stage (installation media or recovery partition), the brightness keys don't seem to work, so there is no way to increase the brightness to its peek value and turn on the backlight.

To resolve this issue, you must add the variable "backlight-level" to the NVRAM section of your config.plist and initialize it with a value of peek brightness. Here's what worked on my MSI gp72-6qf HD 530 laptop:

<key>NVRAM</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict>
			<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
			<dict>
				<key>backlight-level</key>
				<data>bAU=</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

1. insert the above code in your config.plist

2. clear nvram

3. start macos installation

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 5

Beta 2 seems to be working fine. Beta 1 worked great as well, once Clover and OC was updated to support the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk for macOS Ventura.

an interesting note to Haswell users is that FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext works in Ventura without any issues. In Monterey it gave me KPs.

2 hours ago, Lucas_FBS said:

Lenovo ideapad 330, i5 8250u, OC 0.8.2, wireless BCM94360.........smooth update

Captura de Tela 2022-06-22 às 15.57.23 2.png

My lenovo 520s works great in Ventura, but it is impossible for me to make the trackpad work in Ventura, it is impossible, I don't know what else to do, I have tried many kext and I had no luck..

Please, can you tell me what kext are you using for the trackpad??

do you use SSDT too?

Thanks a lot 🙇‍♂️

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, Cyberdevs said:

you can plug your display to the mainborad's display output instead of the nVidia GPU while if the iGPU is supported you can also disable the nVidia like shown in the picture:

image.png

Dear Cyberdevs, I installed Ventura into z490 with igpu 10400 and working great, still waiting for Nvidia patch  

Thank you 

Still not getting b2 update in system settings, keep saying 'Your up to date'
any idea!

image.thumb.png.a8adab71b2cb8602bb85987e3ba26803.png

There was one problem during the installation. The problem is IGPU. My IGPU is HD 520 on Skylake CPU so that installation take longer than normal. During the installation appear the IGPU error and it takes 15-20 minutes than pass the error. After that evrything goes normal and finished the installation Ventura Beta 2 on Skylake CPU.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, I started the update, got distracted, came back 15-20 minutes later, wasn't paying attention like I should have, but when I came back, all done!  Smoothest update ever......

Added:  a lot of bugs are fixed! 

I get a panic the moment that I try to switch on Wi-Fi and connect to a network and no bluetooth .. 

Edited by NicolasBell

Hi all - Apart from Apple TV is anyone able to screen films in Netflix or Amazon in Safari? The last two plays ok in Chrome but no go in the Apple browser on my machine with Ventura.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi all - Apart from Apple TV is anyone able to screen films in Netflix or Amazon in Safari? The last two plays ok in Chrome but no go in the Apple browser on my machine with Ventura.

Everything works for me on Safari, Netflix, Disney+, HBO

DctfJAm.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Everything works for me on Safari, Netflix, Disney+, HBO

Thanks, do you have any special boot-arg to enable those in Safari? or how did you enable them in Safari?