[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Wait, so with this version of WEG acceleration for ivy bridge igpu will work? is this work with haswell too?

Nope, what you're seeking for is handled solely by OCLP project; you'll want to follow up there for any potential progress with legacy GPUs on unsupported macOS.

4 minutes ago, aben said:

Nope, what you're seeking for is handled solely by OCLP project; you'll want to follow up there for any potential progress with legacy GPUs on unsupported macOS.

OK, thank you! I hope that they work on this! the above comment from greythorne is misleading, because he advice to use this version of WEG on Ivy Bridge system.

1 minute ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

OK, thank you! I hope that they work on this! the above comment from greythorne is misleading, because he advice to use this version of WEG on Ivy Bridge system.

Ah! my humble apologies. Didn't realize your is a Haswell!

5 hours ago, tarvi said:

Hi! Thanks for your help, it didn't work for my Asus Z170A. It goes to sleep, but wakes into black screen.

Mine got the same issue (wake-up black screen) too even following Hervé's method.

Guest 5T33Z0
3 hours ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

There are no drivers for Ivy Bridge and up to this point, re-injecting drivers from macOS Big Sur doesn't work (yet). So it doesn't matter which WEG version you use, you will only get it to run in VESA mode (aka software rendering).

On 6/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, 5T33Z0 said:

Definitely related to AmdRadeonController. Maybe one of these methods help: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/01_Adding_missing_Devices_and_enabling_Features/AMD_Radeon_Tweaks

Very important post..

My PC works better and booting without whatevergreen and pikera mode.. οn monterey and ventura.

Thanks

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aben said:

Latest commits to WEG branch 'skl-as-kbl-13' drops the use of codeless KBL kext + includes proper implementation of patch to drop VP9 codec support for SKL when spoofing to KBL; this change automatically fixes the recovery/installer boot issues as well.

(IMPORTANT: It is still NECESSARY to fake 'device-id' and choosing appropriate KBL 'ig-platform-id' for proper acceleration on SKL)

Thank you @dhinakg and @PMheart for the final touches/improvements which now allows proper functioning when spoofing SKL to KBL, especially on macOS 13.

NOTE: The above WEG branch also introduces a new WEG boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl (not required on macOS 13) which can be used for testing SKL spoof to KBL on older macOS versions. Thanks @PMheart for pointing that out.

Attaching RELEASE build of WEG for others to test

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip 537.09 kB · 22 downloads

Hello dear, How are you, thank you for all your support, my Skylake with hd520 graphics, resolution is not full HD type, i am using your efi and updating the kexts but still i get a black screen when i boot ventura, i am unable to find the proper KBL 'ig-platform-id' and device Id, it can boot when only in vesa mode, can you or others help me soving this problem? Thank youl

20 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

Very important post..

My PC works better and booting without whatevergreen and pikera mode.. οn monterey and ventura.

Thanks

Correct, I have removed agdpmod=pikera, WEG and unfairgva=1 and all the problems in Ventura are gone, everything works, appTV, Amazon prime Video app, Netflix-Disney+HBO on Safari...

Both in SMBios iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 everything works fine, USBs, Sleep, Decoder and encoder on RX6600..

But I have to use ATY, Henbury

dtsk1UN.png

Thank you very much everyone for the help, and for making this possible 🙇‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Hello dear, How are you, thank you for all your support, my Skylake with hd520 graphics, resolution is not full HD type, i am using your efi and updating the kexts but still i get a black screen when i boot ventura, i am unable to find the proper KBL 'ig-platform-id' and device Id, it can boot when only in vesa mode, can you or others help me soving this problem? Thank youl

Hello dear again, Graphics native resolution is 1600x900, i need a proper platform id and device id that is compatible for my lappy, or any other suggestions, the screen flick 2 times and stay black screen , but the system is working , i can hear the system sounds. any suggestions??

23 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Hello dear again, Graphics native resolution is 1600x900, i need a proper platform id and device id that is compatible for my lappy, or any other suggestions, the screen flick 2 times and stay black screen , but the system is working , i can hear the system sounds. any suggestions??

On my skylake laptop I'm using 00001B59 as framebuffer and 1B590000 as device-id, using weg with skl-as-kbl and skylake-injector kext. Everything works (even the hdmi hotplug).

Kexts.zip

• Like 2

@PC IT Hi - assuming that your LVDS display works ok on Monterey; could you please share a zipped/compressed copy of working EFI folder used for Monterey here? Appreciate if you could also help post an IOREG extract from Monterey as well - really helps. Thanks! 

Get the IOREG app here incase you need.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, D3v1L said:

nope on MacPro7,1 WEG is not required at all and no renames ora patches required (drm worging abbsolutely. 246/265 enc dec, AppleTV+ 4x, Prime, Netflix FHD on Safari etc...
(i use my hack for work in video making with DaVinci and Premiere, not need to put any renames and it work like charm)

ONLY ISSUE (but this is "for now" on Ventura, with ATY,Henbury (instead of RadeonFramebuffer used default w/o inject), Geekbench score in "metal" is too slow... but, it work's like on monterey with higher geekbench scores (w/o inject framebuffer)

btw, 

no need to renames (gfx0 etc)

no need to patch

no need nothing xD

but this is only for MacPro7,1 ...(they have 6xxx ((w6xxxX is only server side name)) series natively so, no need to patch nothing)

ex iMacPro1,1 NEED WEG same as iMac19,1

btw this is my config if you want check 🙂

config.plist.zip 6.49 kB · 18 downloads

It actually works like a charm. Thank you so much!  1352521812_Screenshot2022-06-20at18_11_05.thumb.png.f63807c5d7c265ec7ee27c2d4b3dafc8.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aben said:

@PC IT Hi - assuming that your LVDS display works ok on Monterey; could you please share a zipped/compressed copy of working EFI folder used for Monterey here? Appreciate if you could also help post an IOREG extract from Monterey as well - really helps. Thanks! 

Get the IOREG app here incase you need.

Thank you for your reply. find attached the working OC 8.1 that boots Monterey flawlessly, also find the requested Ioreg,

PCIT IOREG.zip OC 8.1.zip

1 hour ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

On my skylake laptop I'm using 00001B59 as framebuffer and 1B590000 as device-id, using weg with skl-as-kbl and skylake-injector kext. Everything works (even the hdmi hotplug).

Kexts.zip

The device ID should be 59160000

2 hours ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

Kexts.zip

I have a laptop similar to yours - ASUS X756UV, after installing Ventura the video is 5 mb, could you share your efi folder?
Edited by brumas

2 hours ago, PC IT said:

Thank you for the reply, with this device id ( 59160000 ), (00001B59) properties, i get only only 5 mb in graphics. any suggestions ??

Try Device ID 59160000 and ig-platform-id 00005916.  That's what I use for Intel HD 620 on my laptop.