[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

No, only SkylakeInjector.kext was disabled I can enable DP/HDMI audio from HD 530 and video play is fine on Youtube without this kext.

Amazing. Everything works, except for the YT playback. Can you post your EFI?

5 hours ago, The Tech said:

As per PMHeart, the injector kext is required to have Video Playback on YT, etc.

At the moment - the kext ONLY serves to fix YT playback on Safari* by patching KBL kext to drop VP9 hw decode (Skylake iGPUs don't support VP9). You can still get YT playback on Chrome/Edge, Firefox etc without the kext.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have a specific USB ports map kext for your motherboard? Yes, mine is the same. Or are you using the one provided within @eSaF EFI?

My USB ports are controlled by this entry in the config.plist and this SSDT in the ACPI folder devised for me by @texem to also show when my iPhone is plugged in. In the past when I mapped and created a USBPort.kext, the iPhone would not show when plugged in, this way now has been working perfect since BS.

Spoiler

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@JACKGUGO @The Tech

Please add the signature to your profile with the specs of your machine. 

@JACKGUGO

Do you have a specific USB ports map kext for your motherboard? Yes, mine is the same. Or are you using the one provided within @eSaF EFI?

Hi Miluco , I m using esaf efi and the usb ports works well but his board is different . i tried to add the specs of my machine on my profile but i don find where i have to edit it.  you share an efi to me a long time ago (monterrey) and i ve got a lot of troubles with sleep cause i was using a fenvi adapter ( not  t919) for an original mac wifi card and works good but even the the usb map was correct my hack doesn t sleep properly and my magic mouse disconnect and connect frecuently and the pointer was erratic aswell . finally i pulled out and i bought a wifi dongle witch works good but i don t have bluetooth . maybe when you got your ventura working in full iwould like to try your efi because our boards are similar . 

My trusty Thinkpad T480 (Kaby Lake-R) has been running Big Sur & Monterey flawlessly for the past couple of years (running 12.5 beta 3 right now).

However, I can't seem to be able to boot MacOS Installer for Ventura yet. With AvoidRunTimeDefrag off, Monterey & Ventura just freeze around the point where kexts such as Lilu and its plugins are loaded (latest builds).

With AvoidRuntimeDefrag on, Monterey boots normally, and the Ventura installer passes kext loading until it errors out a few seconds later and reboots.

The strange thing is, I tried just for kicks an EFI folder that supposedly runs Ventura on a T480 and it too just freezes during kext loading.

Is there something I'm perhaps missing? What should one do if one's system can't boot MacOS without AvoidRuntimeDefrag on?

New members and not so new asking for help, please enter your machine specs in your profile so we can see at a glance what your specs are and cater our answers to your specific query. It is quite tiresome looking through your various post to find what you're trying to install on.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

Anyone on rx6600xt in Monterey or Ventura, with injected aty,henbury framebuffer instead of natively load aty,radeonframebuffer with lower geekbench score? ...mean...55000vs91000 Not 50000vs52000 ... 

Woah 1000th lol cool

Edited by D3v1L

19 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

I do have RX 580 that just works. Initially, it was showing all purple line on top and displayport did not work(Only HDMI worked) before reaching the desktop but after adding -lilubetaall all worked out except Orinoco FB being injected.

Thank you for confirming that

This is what I have

image.thumb.png.abaf14f353ab3a3ff7713e9543a30e9d.png

I've tried

- SSDT method,

- Changing part# in vBIOS to Mac Edition's part# which worked in previous macOS versions.

- @name, string (DeviceProperty)

- fb_name, string (DeviceProperty)

None of these seem to inject Orinoco FrameBuffer.  Any suggestions?

I tried on a Z390 Aorus Master, i9 9900k, RX 580 8gb. You're right. No way to inject Orinoco FB. I suppose it is because of the Beta (also 570 issue). Let's see on the next beta's

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

Anyone on rx6600xt in Monterey or Ventura, with injected aty,henbury framebuffer instead of natively load aty,radeonframebuffer with lower geekbench score?...

I guess it happens to most of us. Henbury with lower GeekBench or Radeon with higher GeekBench. But outside GeekBench, I don't see differences in the 6600 performance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

My USB ports are controlled by this entry in the config.plist and this SSDT in the ACPI folder devised for me by @texem ...

Do you have also any USB port mapping kexts? Or only this SSDT and the code in config.plist? How did you do the SSDT? I suppose it's specific for your mobo right?

On 6/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, PG7 said:

Asus Vivo AiO V241IC-R 

Ventura 13 Dev Beta

Intel i3-6006u
intel HD520
OC 0.8.2
SSD 
8 Go Memory DDR4

IG-Platform-ID + ID = KabyLake

Wake/Sleep OK
processeur = OK

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a7e352180640adade31557339a17901f.png

care to share how you managed to install Ventura? Mine is a Skylake NUC.

On 6/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, aben said:

At the moment - the kext ONLY serves to fix YT playback on Safari* by patching KBL kext to drop VP9 hw decode (Skylake iGPUs don't support VP9). You can still get YT playback on Chrome/Edge, Firefox etc without the kext.

Would you be able to share the details how you installed on a Skylake machine? What quirks to turn on or off, what kexts to include etc.

I am on Monterey 12.4 on my trusty Skylake Intel NUC.

hello @aben

followed your instructions. Used the latest OC 0.8.2 and the latest kexts. The WEG kext used is the one you attached. I wanted to test out OC 0.8.2 on my Monterey first and ensure that I am able to boot and use the system. 

however, after preparing and booting, at the Apple logo the progress bar went all the way then  restarts by itself. 

no idea what’s going. I have attached my config.plist which is based on OC 0.8.2. I did not changed anything even the iGPU is still based on SKL. 

please have a look. Thanks. 

Edited by greythorne
Attach EFI

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

But I'm already telling you that for me it's too difficult.

This fix is from PikerAlpha

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

Connector types in the ACPI specification(pages 524 and 525)

https://uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/ACPI_6.0.pdf

Now i'm using USBInjectAll.kext + XHCI-unsupported.kext + SSDT-UIAC (This version of USBInjectAll.kext from topic bellow is updated to TigerLake, AlderLake, etc)

or

USBPorts.kext(by Hackintool) + XHCI-unsupported.kext

https://www.olarila.com/topic/14220-hackintosh-usb-port-mapping-guide-2021-2022-mojave-catalina-bigsur-monterey/

• Like 5

16 hours ago, chris1111 said:

OpenRuntime build by Clover  5137 (master, commit cc561f87d)

That's awesome.  What gave you the idea to try it?

21 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

That's awesome.  What gave you the idea to try it?

I have already build that clover long time a go, then some user in my forum have trying spare usb key and Voila

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greythorne said:

Would you be able to share the details how you installed on a Skylake machine? What quirks to turn on or off, what kexts to include etc.

I am on Monterey 12.4 on my trusty Skylake Intel NUC.

Pre-install:

1. Update OpenCore and related kexts: Lilu, WEG, VirtualSMC.
  2. Change SMBIOS to iMac18,1

No other changes required for config.plist. (Leave AvoidRuntimeDefrag=Yes for functioning NVRAM)

Download macOS 13 full installer here. Proceed to install/update macOS 13 via method of choice: Install.app (preferred) or bootable media.

Post-install:

1. Spoof iGPU to KBL for full graphics acceleration: inject fake device-id <16590000> under Device Properties --> iGPU device location: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
  2. Choose appropriate KBL framebuffer profile: AAPL,ig-platform-id <00001259> under Device Properties --> iGPU device location: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

IMPORTANT: iGPU spoofing/adding KBL properties to be done post install for successful install of macOS 13. (installer otherwise hangs during last phase of installation).

Currently one issue reported: Due to SKL iGPU not having support for VP9 hw decode (YouTube), playback initiated through Safari will lead to iGPU instability thereby causing system freezes due to presence of VP9 decode-capability variable in KBL kext. If this is a deal breaker, you may:

• opt to use codeless kext attached below however please note that this approach is still a WIP and as such leads to additional issues with booting into macOS 13 recovery/install media and HDMI/DP audio (not recommended)
  • use other browsers like Chrome, Firefox for YT playback in the meantime while waiting for a proper fix to this only issue.

UPDATE: Use WEG build attached below for fix to installer/recovery boot + VP9 fix for YouTube on Safari. Thanks @dhinakg and @PMheart

Cheers.

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip

Edited by aben
Updated post to add info about WEG build
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@dhinakg made some progress on the spoofing progress, so now we can drop the use of injector. By using this method, installer/recovery will boot as well.

@aben I saw your injector, but looks like it was outdated; now we only remove the vp9 property `IOGVAXDecode`, which was confirmed to work as you posted on the PR. No?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Anyone on rx6600xt in Monterey or Ventura, with injected aty,henbury framebuffer instead of natively load aty,radeonframebuffer with lower geekbench score? ...mean...55000vs91000 Not 50000vs52000 ... 

Woah 1000th lol cool

Monterey nitro+ ati.henbury. iMacPro1.1

!!! Yesterday I asked someone who has a 6600 XT to check if all DP are working - today I figured it out - it turns out that only 1 display port + hdmi works withiMacPro1.1, and all ports work with smbios MacPro7.1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ba6ebdc483c7d570cf651c7f2f24ee26.png

Edited by viorel