[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joshua60 said:

@Henties I also have a i225-V. But unfortunately mine doesn't work. Would you be so kind to explain me, (or post your config), how did you bring it to life.

There is nothing in my EFI concerning the workings of the i225-V other than a custom firmware which I applied some time ago and then also dropping DMAR and removing two memory regions from the original DMAR, and then reloading the modified DMAR table in the EFI ACPI section. All excellently explained, if I remember correctly, by @5T33Z0 on his GitHub portal, alternatively @badbrain could be another source for the information you require. 

Greetings Henties

@Joshua60, in the meantime I stumbled across @5T33Z0's post that dropping the DMAR table is not required. I tested that a minute ago and wish to elaborate that dropping the DMAR table in my situation is required indeed, as without that my i225-V is not working, the reason may well be that I am not using the I225-Vmod firmware update code that most are actually using.  I have actually updated my firmware with a pre-release beta, FXVL_15F3_V_2MB_1.68.bin, version. The different behaviour may well be as a result of me using a different firmware with which I patched my i225-V

Greetings Henties 

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

@Jazzoo and @FrDakota I found a thread here that references the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue.  I'm not sure, but I think the user implies here that enabling AvoidRuntimeDefrag fixes the issue.  Were you able to resolve this?

EDIT: @5T33Z0 - I saw that you reported the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue as well.  Did restoring AvoidRuntimeDefrag=True resolve this for you?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

@Jazzoo and @FrDakota I found a thread here that references the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue.  I'm not sure, but I think the user implies here that enabling AvoidRuntimeDefrag fixes the issue.  Were you able to resolve this?

@deeveedee Thank you for your help! I'm far from my HP Mini for a couple of days. I will post results monday when I am back. 

I was able to install Ventura successfully on my Skylake core i3-6100 desktop, but the graphics thing killed my joy, I had to revert back to Monterey. If anybody knows how to fix Intel HD 530 platform-id & Device id..you are welcome to..NB: I tried using KBL intel HD 630, but all was the same. 🤣

cTplnR1.png

4 minutes ago, ichelash said:

I was able to install Ventura successfully on my Skylake core i3-6100 desktop, but the graphics thing killed my joy, I had to revert back to Monterey. If anybody knows how to fix Intel HD 530 platform-id & Device id..you are welcome to..NB: I tried using KBL intel HD 630, but all was the same. 🤣

cTplnR1.png

I have the same processor 6th gen Intel® Core™ i3-6100 on my lappy, with hd 520 graphices, i tried all i can to have full qc graphice on my lappy but always the booting process end in black screen, i wish anyone can find a solution to this as i saw many people with working hd520 and i dont know why mine is not, it is working properly with Monterey 

18 minutes ago, PC IT said:

I have the same processor 6th gen Intel® Core™ i3-6100 on my lappy, with hd 520 graphices, i tried all i can to have full qc graphice on my lappy but always the booting process end in black screen, i wish anyone can find a solution to this as i saw many people with working hd520 and i dont know why mine is not, it is working properly with Monterey 

Their is a post by @Hervé here somewhere tried to find it for you but, can't locate it.

9 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I see there's a new Whatevergreen version which seems to integrate the Skylake graphics spoof (requires github account to download, since it's not part of the master branch): https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2495481119

The goal of this build is to simply help accommodate the injection of codeless kext: SKLAsKBLGraphicsInfo (by @dhinakg) which, as of last commit, is basically KBL kext (untouched) with only removal of IOGVAXDecode (SKL fix for VP9 codec). Faking device-id and choosing appropriate ig-platform-id  remains a necessity for proper spoofing on macOS 13 since tests have proved that KBL kext probes for device-id on macOS 13 at ACPI level. 

Note that the codeless kext in question does come bundled with the main branch of WEG under master/Manual/Kexts/SKLAsKBLGraphicsInfo.kext

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 4:11 PM, surenmunoo said:

I ended u using the EFI I had for the Z690 Aero G on the Aero D and it all works now, sound, bluetooth and wifi.  Tested Airdrop as well and it works

Airdrop - did you test BOTH ways?

Mac to iPad/iPhone

iPad/iPhone to Mac

Most people on Monterey Mac to iPad/iPhone never worked, only iPad to Mac.

PS WTF is wrong with the date on this forum, it's ass about face, it's the15th as of this post, but forum is showing the 6th.

Edited by drayon

8 hours ago, ichelash said:

cTplnR1.png

6 hours ago, PC IT said:

Thank you so much i wish i can find it..

It's working like a charm. 

2 hours ago, aben said:

The goal of this build is to simply help accommodate the injection of codeless kext: SKLAsKBLGraphicsInfo (by @dhinakg) which, as of last commit, is basically KBL kext (untouched) with only removal of IOGVAXDecode (SKL fix for VP9 codec). Faking device-id and choosing appropriate ig-platform-id  remains a necessity for proper spoofing on macOS 13 since tests have proved that KBL kext probes for device-id on macOS 13 at ACPI level. 

Note that the codeless kext in question does come bundled with the main branch of WEG under master/Manual/Kexts/SKLAsKBLGraphicsInfo.kext

Still testing. Will report soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drayon said:

Airdrop - did you test BOTH ways?

Mac to iPad/iPhone

iPad/iPhone to Mac

Most people on Monterey Mac to iPad/iPhone never worked, only iPad to Mac.

PS WTF is wrong with the date on this forum, it's ass about face, it's the15th as of this post, but forum is showing the 6th.

Airdrop works both ways but I have a Fenvi 919 card and not using Intel bluetooth card, this is disabled in Mac.

Must be doing something wrong here

Downloaded:

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/38/13/012-20267-A_8II0GZVCTD/vsifpgvw3a3xjgyznf6415vin9xv7a6ws5/InstallAssistant.pkg

Ran package installed the installer app to /Applications

Terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 13\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB

Mounted EFI of the USB, copied my OC 0.8.2 EFI to EFI partition, shutdown, disconnect existing macOS12 SSD using now to type here.

Connected fresh erased APFS SSD

Fired up got to OpenCore menu, there's no macOS install entry

Tried Install Disc Creator X same deal no install macOS in opencore menu.

how'd others boot and install form USB?

Edit: Update. Apparently must double click the installer app ON the USB stick, but nothing appears to happen until after about 5 minutes a installer window pops up, (I didn't wait long enough on previous attempts) then select disk-wait for it to restart. Installs no problem then.

But AirDrop Mac to iPad does NOT WORK still. 

IOGear GBU521 BT 4.0 Broadcom BCM920702 (USB) still shows 3rd party dongle in System Profiler...nothing has changed here since Monterey 1 year ago.

Edited by drayon
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for your help and attached files which enable HEVC now !

But DP audio still missing.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 4.57.00 PM.png

My config.plist is attached here for your reference. You need the newest OpenCore 0.8.2 from related post in this topic.

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

config.plist 35.13 kB · 22 downloads

Is this for a laptop or desktop?

17 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

• Have a Backup of your EFI Folder on a FAT 32 formatted USB flash drive
  • Set DisableIOMapper to False in Config
  • Reboot to BIOS
  • Enable Vt-d
  • Reboot to macOS

If it works, great, if not, disable the boot-arg (put # in front of it) and reboot

If it still not works you may need a custom firmware for your Intel I225 Controller. More Info on the matter:

Thank you @5T33Z0 it works exactly like you told:

• Have a Backup of your EFI Folder on a FAT 32 formatted USB flash drive
  • Set DisableIOMapper to False in Config
  • Reboot to BIOS
  • Enable Vt-d
  • Reboot to macOS

If it works, great, if not, disable the boot-arg (put # in front of it) and reboot

Big thank also to @Stefanalmare and @Henties !

• Like 4

Hi! Finally i managed to install on x99 sistem macOS Ventura.

I updated Open Core to version OC 0.8.2 and all the kext. I made some minor changes to config plist. aded bootflag  -no_compat_check

AvoidRuntimeDefrag=True,  in NVRAM section add  run-efi-updater=no to all 3 rows.

After when I booted with this updated OC 0.8.2 EFI , I managed to download clean beta image of macOS 13 with gibMacOS-master, installed in applications folder and with terminal created a bootable usb of macOS 13 Beta.

Copied my new updated OC 0.8.2 EFI on USB and I managed to make a clean install of Ventura.

I Attach my files maybe it helps someone. I used config file from Mald0n Olarila specific to X99 mod, and I updated with latest OC 0.8.2 and kext from dortania. Iforgot to mention 

that at the beginning I used smbios iMac 20 , and rebooted with new updated EFI OC 0.8.2 my actual Monterey drive. Then all started from there , i made my USB and it went fine all in terminal no errors.

After i made the usb I tried to update directly the new beta from Monterey update. It also wen,t well and I installed for the firs time with no errors. I mention that when I make the update

I had a clean beta image of macOS 13 downloaded in applications folder with gibMacOS-master.

After I updated with new macOS 13 beta, I was think to try also the fresh  made usb to se if it work. and I had success with USB fresh copy of macOS 13 beta.

After Instalation I changed the smbios to iMac Pro 1,1.  I well test the USB with iMac Pro 1,1 smbios and I report back.

I tested with iMac Pro 1,1 smbios and  boot fine, it works. With iMac 20,2 also working.

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 02.53.17.png

X99 i7-6850K _RX5700XT_OC_VENTURA.zip

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 23.58.29.png

Edited by Sygey02
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, ichelash said:

Is this for a laptop or desktop?

Lenovo M900 desktop

CPU: i5-6500@3.2 GHz (4C/4T)

GPU: Intel HD 530

SB: Skylake Q170 v.31

Audio: ALC-662

Edited by jsl2000

@Sygey02 Hi - Happy you got your system running Ventura after a successful clean install. @Cyberdevs and I conducted a few trials to ascertain if it was real necessary to make so many changes to our original Monterey config.plist. Maybe it was initially at first, but now that OC was updated by the Devs for Ventura there is no need to have the extra two  run-efi-updater=no added entries. Go here and have a read. If you do try your install after deleting those extra entries, make a backup of your current EFI Folder and clean your Nvram. Good or bad results, please report your findings to continue to help others. Cheers.

• Like 6

Guest 5T33Z0
17 hours ago, deeveedee said:

EDIT: @5T33Z0 - I saw that you reported the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue as well.  Did restoring AvoidRuntimeDefrag=True resolve this for you?

Thanks. After I got Ventura running on my Ivy Bridge Laptop, I disabled AvoidRunTime defrag on purpose to check the errors and AppleKeyStoreTest was not part of the listetd errors. So I think the  AppleKeyStoreTest error  is related to the missing AVX2 nstructions set on CPUs prior to Haswell. That's why we have to replace os.dmg with the one from  the M1 build as explained here, since this instruction set  doesn't exist in an ARM/Apple Silicon, so there's no such error.

Edited by 5T33Z0

On 6/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, Hervé said:

@jsl2000 didn't I specify the patch in my post? It's nothing else but the usual HDMI connector type patch that has been required for years to gain HDMI audio output.

I have added these patches, but it did not enable my DP-->HDMI audio yet ! Can it be due to my hackintosh is desktop instead of laptop ?

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 7.03.44 PM.png

58 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

... I think the  AppleKeyStoreTest error  is related to the missing AVX2 nstructions set on CPUs prior to Haswell. That's why we have to replace os.dmg with the one from  the M1 build as explained here, since this instruction set  doesn't exist in an ARM/Apple Silicon, so there's no such error.

Thanks.  At least one of the others who reported the AppleKeyStoreTest error is running CoffeeLake, so maybe the cause of the AppleKeyStoreTest error is something other than missing AVX2 in pre-Haswell?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

since this instruction set doesn't exist in an ARM/Apple Silicon, so there's no such error.

AFAIK, non-AVX2 instruction set (pre Haswell) do exist in Apple Silicon - in Rosetta (binary translator allowing x86 instructions to be compatible with Apple Silicon). Fortunately, Apple did not update Rosetta to AVX2 (Haswell and above) thus allowing a back door (albeit cumbersome) for macOS 13 to be installed on these legacy Intel systems.

Edited by aben

6 minutes ago, ichelash said:

Brooo!! can you help me with your EFI? Please

The size of compressed EFI is over 30 MB which can not be attached here.

Can you PM me about your email then I can send it to you by gmail or google driver ?