OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

I have had this issue before and it persists. I decided to do a clean install of Sonoma and add apps one by one (rather than migrate my (rock solid) Monterey OS. Mostly things work fine but I continually get this when I first boot:

desktop.thumb.png.40f3f853212a9ed1e81b18e789bceb3a.png

Does anyone have any idea what may be happening? I go to Settings>Displays and pick another resolution and go back to the one I want (2560) which clears it up until next boot.

• Sad 1

On 8/25/2024 at 10:01 PM, obus said:

Hi guys.

Have a problem with booting my rig on OC 10.0.1.

Developers has in this release "Disabled XcpmExtraMsrs MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT patch on macOS 12+ due to non-existence"

This patch is mandatory on my rig for booting. (Skylake Xenon W) The patch is still in the config file under kernel --> quirk and normally I have this quirk enabled but in this new version it dosen't work. I get the message "failed to patch writes to MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT"

Any help is appreciated.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0998.JPG

Screenshot doesnt show…

Well, the patch is still in the config because it does something in macOS 11 and older. But since the code that is effected by the patch was removed from macOS 12 and newer, the patch is disabled in this case.

According to the OpenCore install guide this quirk is not required for booting Skylake W.

Just try OpenCore 1.0.0 and if the system boots, you probably should report that this quirk is still required for booting whatever OS you are using with Skylake W

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

On 8/30/2024 at 12:11 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

Screenshot doesnt show…

Well, the patch is still in the config because it does something in macOS 11 and older. But since the code that is effected by the patch was removed from macOS 12 and newer, the patch is disabled in this case.

According to the OpenCore install guide this quirk is not required for booting Skylake W.

Just try OpenCore 1.0.0 and if the system boots, well you probably should report that this quirs is still required for booting hatever OS you are using with Skylake W

My system is booting perfect on 1.0.0 up to latest version of Sonoma with this quirk enabled. Must be something with my Asus C422 Pro SE motherboard. I will report to developers.