OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

I didn't write it, don't change the author of the quote.

My apologies Sir. Happy to report all is well with latest commit.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I'm sure it was an unintentional format.

Believe me it wasn't (why is everyone so triggered these days, I'm too old and heavy to be walking around on egg shells :))

• Haha 5

Developers - I am now using ResetNvramEntry.efi driver argument --preserve-boot in my config.plist and am pleased with the way my BIOS boot order is preserved following NVRAM Reset.  I think it would also be convenient if the Open Core boot-picker default were preserved.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks again for your tireless work!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pkdesign said:

I've updated to 0.8.2 with little issue but ocvalidate gives me this error:

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.2!

That's ok nothing to worry about, it's just to affirm that it is being used with the correct OC version, the feature was added some versions ago.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Building OC and all kexts on macOS Ventura 13 perfect shot with Xcode 14 Beta 2

Booting 5 seconds OC 0.8.3 Thanks to all 

⬇︎

Spoiler

869364811_BUILDOC.thumb.png.d58b49aebb848e2cd306f1f259d92c46.png

25388816_BuildKexts.thumb.png.8dab792bd9bb14564863e3d5af9cbe71.png

05205746.thumb.png.73a352d5684c06a80a15f384354b7869.png

• Like 5

On 7/6/2022 at 5:11 AM, chris1111 said:

Building OC and all kexts on macOS Ventura 13 perfect shot with Xcode 14 Beta 2

Booting 5 seconds OC 0.8.3 Thanks to all 

⬇︎

Reveal hidden contents

869364811_BUILDOC.thumb.png.d58b49aebb848e2cd306f1f259d92c46.png

25388816_BuildKexts.thumb.png.8dab792bd9bb14564863e3d5af9cbe71.png

05205746.thumb.png.73a352d5684c06a80a15f384354b7869.png

Hi @Chris1111, would appreciate if you can give simple instruction on how to do this. TIA

I am now utilising the opencore config.plist file to facilitate easier access to system information, configuration peculiarities as well as maintenance by embedding complete hardware as well as software information in the first # entries of the  opencore "Root" section

All hardware installed is listed in detail as well as all third party software, which was added, including their serial numbers and their distribution among the macOS operating systems in use, on the respective hardware platform.

Software licensing keys could also be added, however I prefer that information to not be generally accessible.

No more guessing what has been installed when one controls a multitude of different computers.

A sample of a config.plist file has been attached of which the first few #ed entries could be used as a template for anybody interested to also follow this route.

Greetings Henties

Updated the config.plist file to also include configuration details of all internally connected storage devices.

Enjoy or destroy. 

Final config.plist

Edited by Henties

I have a short question.
I have macOS and Windows 11 installed.
With Bootice I tried like usual changing which OS starts first, boot I saw that Bootice for OpenCore doesn’t work.

Is there any other setting that changes which OS Starts first from the boot menu.

Thanks and greetings.

Guest 5T33Z0

@luky35

1. Set Launcher Option to "Full"  >> Adds OpenCore Option to BIOS Bootmenu
  2. Enable "AllowSetDefault"
  3. Reboot
  4. Enter BIOS
  5. Move the OpenCore Entry to the first position of the boot order
  6. Save, Reboot
  7. In Bootpicker, select the volume which should be selected by default
  8. Hold Ctrl and hit Enter
Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

@Henties I'd Use a Dict instead to hide all the garbage in one place:

1392348405_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-14um19_10_29.png.0ed2034a72ed9fa568fbca4efc88f005.png

Remember, this is a configuration file, not a notepad for storing system spcecs Just store that stuff in a .text file

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Henties I'd Use a Dict instead to hide all the garbage in one place:

1392348405_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-14um19_10_29.png.0ed2034a72ed9fa568fbca4efc88f005.png

Remember, this is a configuration file, not a notepad for storing system spcecs Just store that stuff in a .text file

There are many ways to kill a cat.

I indeed used to use a separate text file but recently decided instead to store my system specs in the "preamble section" of the respective OC config.plist files.

As far as this method applies to my particular environment it seems well suited to serve my needs with respect to  the storage and ultimate retrieval of relevent configuration information.

I am indeed in the process of extending this to also include a "storage section" which will reflect partitioning and formatting details of each and every internally installed HDD, NVMe as well as SSD drive.

In my environment I am altogether controlling 10 desktop computers with a total of:

12 Diverse macOS operating systems

9 Diverse Windows operating systems

7 Diverse Ubuntu operating systems

24 Diverse Virtual machines  

Keeping all these operating systems and the software installed on them up to date is a mammoth task, with the method I adopted now beating anything, .text file based, which I used before, hands down.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties

Guest 5T33Z0

Exactly: it applies to your specific, very niche approach to managing your system. It's not something that's advisable in general. A screenshot would have been enough. Nobody should take this as an example of applying this to their config.

And you should ask yourself why you are hording that many Operating Systems…

10 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

And you should ask yourself why you are hording that many Operating Systems…

IT training school.

Greetings Henties

@5T33Z0  @ricoc90  @antuneddu

In lighter vein and just wandering whether I would ever ask a stinking rich person why on earth he is hording so much money? 🤪

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0
4 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

How to prevent Apple folder from inserting in my EF!?

Delete the folder and see if it returns after rebooting

If so, enabling Misc/Security/BlacklistAppleUpdate might resolve it. But I am not sure.

I edited the boot menu according to the instruction from YouTube, which is attached.
In the boot menu, I now have the Other OS icon and not Windows as I entered in the config.plist.
Now the first macOS loads normally as I wanted.
If I click the Other OS icon, Windows loads.
Everything is OK, I'm just not happy with the icon, but I can't fix it.

Link

Spoiler

Boot_Menu.png.7fc619c7227e9ad8946045fb72e535ed.png

Edited by luky35