OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

In case, just rename them 🙂 with the appropriate name ...
I am not experimenting with the version in development, I am always waiting for the final one, I do not see the need ... (at least for what concerns me)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

... I am not experimenting with the version in development, I am always waiting for the final one, I do not see the need...

Buongiorno!

Yes, but I like to keep checking the changes that are coming out, this way it is easier for me to change version when the time comes.
I generally don't pay attention to the beta version until the middle of each cycle, from that moment on I like to be up to date with the changes.

21 hours ago, miliuco said:

@chris1111 thank you, good work as usual.

@antuneddu If I'm not wrong, @blackosx has ResetNVRAM.icns but not NVRAMTool.icns (for both NVRAM Reset and Toggle SIP) or ToggleSip.icns (only for Toggle SIP), these are new contributions due to the change of both tools from Tools to UEFI Drivers.

At the end I tried OC's 0.8.1
I copied the new drivers: ResetNvramEntry.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi in OC / Drivers, as icons in the (chris) theme ResetNVRAM.icns and ToggleSIP.icns ( I made it up since chris didn't create it before 😜 )

... everything is shown correctly and working

25090031.thumb.png.a19d11cbd5b3da0c44a75cbec373719c.png

356609493_Schermata2022-05-25alle11_03_17.png.4fdff33c4ccf73fb7b74170d900aa2ac.png

• Like 1

hello,

begginner noob learning about opencore. i was able to make a hackintosh long time ago using rehabmans guide. that was very advanced level too.

i followed the guide HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC at

https://github.com/chris1111/HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC/releases

but always get stuck at the - create usb installer - part.

snap.thumb.png.d9003cf9f0caad6737b0de8a211be1fd.png

when i check the usb it looks like it make the usb installer, put osx12.4 onto it. but nothing in the efi

i checked but cannot find the file "OpenCore USB.pkg" in the folders created by the script.

edit. i looked at the script on github. is it missing 1 more file called "OpenCore USB.pkg"

the other file similar is called "OpenCore.pkg"

set theFile to ((path to me) as string) & "Contents:Resources:Installer:OpenCore USB.pkg"

https://github.com/chris1111/HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC/blob/a08f8e25342bc66bf5371f81282589fb8baead1b/Builder/Create-Install-Media/Create Install Media HP Laptop.applescript#L122

snap11.png.1ecddabffc54266d486141d7718c773a.png

I followed the info in readme.md and check all the related videos on github and yootoob

there was no mention about the following.

There is 2 files

Gatekeeper.command

Packager.command

i only run the packeger.command and it create some files to make the usb.

or both files must be run?

is it possible to create bootable usb installer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

then use HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC to add the required files to boot?

snap.png

Edited by justApple
update screenshot

9 hours ago, justApple said:

hello,

begginner noob learning about opencore. i was able to make a hackintosh long time ago using rehabmans guide. that was very advanced level too.

i followed the guide HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC at

You are posting at wrong place for the guide HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC for Issue

you are off topic here

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently making a usb of all the OSX OS Installers, can you recommend me a compatible OC to use for all of them

i.e only use one boot loader for all

Thanks

Edited by STLVNUB

I am testing OC 0.8.1 after upgrading from OC 0.8.0 and found that Reset NVRAM has disappeared from my boot-picker menu.  I'm using the text boot-picker, not icons.  Misc > Boot > HideAuxilliary is False in my config.plist.  Pressing the space bar does not show NVRAM reset.  My changes from OC 0.8.0 to OC 0.8.1 are below (including Removal of  Misc > Security > AllowNvramReset).    My config.plist is attached.  What do I need to change in order to show NVRAM Reset in the boot-picker?  Thank you for your help.

Upgrade OC 0.8.0 to OC 0.8.1

• EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi, AudioDxe.efi
  • EFI/OC/Kexts:
    • Update AppleALC.kext 1.7.1 -> 1.7.2
    • Update WhateverGreen.kext 1.5.8 -> 1.5.9
  • EFI/OC/Tools: Update tools
  • EFI/OC/config.plist:
    • Removed Misc > Security > AllowNvramReset
    • Removed Misc > Security > AllowToggleSip

config.plist.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I am testing OC 0.8.1 after upgrading from OC 0.8.0 and found that Reset NVRAM has disappeared from my boot-picker menu.  I'm using the text boot-picker, not icons.  Misc > Boot > HideAuxilliary is False in my config.plist.  My changes from OC 0.8.0 to OC 0.8.1 are below.  Does anyone know what I might have done incorrectly during the OC upgrade to cause Reset NVRAM to disappear?

YdnzOy1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@deeveedee  @BALDY_MAN

config.plist

• Removed AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip from Misc / Security
  • Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP removed as tools and added as UEFI / Drivers.

Switched Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP to configurable boot entry protocol drivers:
- ResetNvramEntry.efi: menu entry which resets NVRAM and immediately restarts. If LauncherOption is set to Full or Short then the OpenCore boot entry is protected. If you don't want to clear the BIOS boot entries during NVRAM reset, the boolean flag --preserve-boot may be specified in the Arguments section for this driver. It's enabled if present
- ToggleSipEntry.efi: menu entry for enabling and disabling System Integrity Protection (SIP) in OpenCore picker. Default value for disabling SIP with this boot entry is 0x27F.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351968-how-to-opencore-080-081-differences/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Anyone tried to boot the new Ventura with latest updates?

For now I had no luck in my qemu machine...it hangs at AmiShimTimerBoostExit changed current period to 10000 with no useful info, same setup as working monterey.

Update: nevermind I should have read the bugtracker before posting :D

Fix is to disable AvoidRuntimeDefrag for now

Edited by ghost8282

12 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Anyone tried to boot the new Ventura with latest updates?

For now I had no luck in my qemu machine...

AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk needs some work for Ventura compatibility, otherwise no major issues; latest commits can boot Ventura volumes just fine. Hope support for QEMU / VM comes soon.

Edited by aben
  • Like 2

Yes I read the closed discussion in bugtracker. It's installing in qemu now, I think I have high probability to be successful ;)

thanks for your confirmation

Update: no, no luck, installation was near to finish but it hangs with the same line in the log.

No problem, I will wait for some fixes.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Need To Know If My Min/Max Kernel Versions Are OK

No, they're not ok :D

Kernel version (darwin version) is not mac os version!

If you look this for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_version_history

You will see that Monterey has kernel 21.x.x, ranging from 21.0.1 (mac os 12.0) to 21.5.0 (mac os 12.4):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_Monterey

So, for lilu kext it should be like this:

<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>Any</string>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>Lilu.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>V1.6.1</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string>Contents/MacOS/Lilu</string>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>8.0.0</string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>

i.e. from kernel v. 8 (mac os tiger) without any limitation for max kernel..Why setting a max kernel for lilu?

Use max kernel only if you have multiple oses booting from the same efi and you have kexts or patches that only apply specifically to an os version.

PS: for basic kexts, like lilu, whatevergreen, applealc, etc you can take the values from the repository /Docs/Sample.plist (and if you look at them they have only MinVersion and not MaxVersion, because they apply to the latest supported os (Monterey), with the exception of AirPortBrcm4360_Injector); if you have any particular kext/patch you need to convert the mac os version to the darwin kernel version

Edited by ghost8282

11 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

No, they're not ok :D

Kernel version (darwin version) is not mac os version!

Thanks BUT IT SHOULD BE

Edited by STLVNUB

On 5/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, chris1111 said:

Hi @miliuco 😄 Yea  I build latest OC then created the ToggleSip.icns

Looks ok to me latest change

attaching here the Icons working with Flavours-AppleMonterey, Flavours-AppleDisk theme EDIT ** (I Add to Github on both themes)

ToggleSip.icns.zip 26.61 kB · 15 downloads

24012252.thumb.png.57b31dbf5b76cdfe0ed901e4c36556f1.png

What is the name of this background/theme?