OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

make: error: sh -c '/Applications/Xcode_12.4.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk /Applications/Xcode_12.4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -find make 2> /dev/null' failed with exit code 34304: (null) (errno=No such file or directory)
xcode-select: Failed to locate 'make', requesting installation of command line developer tools.

Being an ignorant, maybe something related to the setup on github, because it cannot find any command line developer tools.

All the latest builds compile perfectly fine.

From Developer Command Line 12.4

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_12.4/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_12.4.dmg

22 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Yes, I know, I was referring to the workflow error on github about coverity.

Thank you @MaLd0n I didn't know you could download compiled packages directly from there for every commit, however as I always did I prefer to compile all myself, but nice to know.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ghost8282 said:

That's true what Matgen84 said, I don't really know why you are saying it's not true...

git.thumb.png.3876ceb7ab51d17f65598fc1c72af5e5.png

There were no commits between 16 and 23 Feb.

Dortania lacks only the latest commit (who knows why?Ask them), which however adds nothing to the package.

There's no need to be a programmer (I'm not...) when the only thing you have to do is to have xcode installed, download the source and run one single command ./build_oc.tool from the terminal.

Who doesn't want to compile himself can wait for releases, can wait for dortania, can wait for somebody else to publish compiled packages, otherwise if one wants to be independent and on the cutting edge, then...install the tools, use some processing power and compile yourself.

What fails is coverity in the latest automatic checks:

make: error: sh -c '/Applications/Xcode_12.4.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk /Applications/Xcode_12.4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -find make 2> /dev/null' failed with exit code 34304: (null) (errno=No such file or directory)
xcode-select: Failed to locate 'make', requesting installation of command line developer tools.

Being an ignorant, maybe something related to the setup on github, because it cannot find any command line developer tools.

All the latest builds compile perfectly fine.

You are aware that you are referencing a completely different repo, do you?
I am referencing this one: https://github.com/dortania/build-repo

And I said that twice now!

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I know what I'm saying, I suggest to read again what Matgen84 wrote and what I wrote, I referenced the opencore repo nad dortania repo, saying that the dortania repo only lacks the latest commit.

What you are saying in your last message is a non sense to me.

Discussion closed for me :D

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

I know how Xcode works. I know how Commandline Tools work. I am just not interested in Building OpenCore myself every day if it is available online!

My point was, that for the last 2 weeks I see a lot of error on the OpenCorepPkG repo and the builds on the dortania repo haven't been updated since 10 days.

And what I get in return: people trying to school me on Xcode and Command Line Tools – It's like me going to a barber shop asking for a haircut while in return the hairdresser is trying to sell me a perm…

41 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

You are aware that you are referencing a completely different repo, do you?

And I said that twice now!

Here is the correct Dortania repo, that's the one I was talking about. 😊
https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Oh Man!!! - I wish I'd seen this before I went and built my own, anyway all is well as I put it through the usual tests and the build is good.

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Here is the correct Dortania repo, that's the one I was talking about. 😊
https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

That's the same I was refering to all the time,  just filtered by releases and in a list view.

@eSaF I've been using this for more than a year now.

Edited by 5T33Z0

@eSaF take attention to Mald0n post:

filter by branch=master and event=push (unless you want to test other things like prs), and download directly compiled packages from acidanthera repo, instead of relying on third parties repos.

By this way if the package builds on compilers each commit will be compiled directly into acidanthera's repo and you can directly download the compiled package.

Instructions:

Spoiler

ac1.thumb.png.b3870d3b1c5011f932edf1a9660d495b.png

0) go to OpencorePkg Acidanthera's repo

1) Click on Actions

2) Click on Event and filter by "push"

ac2.thumb.png.1301a798947494ae887def2c5fceff35.png

3) Click on Branch and filter by "master"

4) Click on the description of a commit

ac3.thumb.png.bee0358345b372ff6fc79ba5f94b2214.png

5) Scroll down to the bottom and download a package of your choice: all should be functional what changes is the compiler with which opencore is compiled.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

@eSaF take attention to Mald0n post:

filter by branch=master and event=push (unless you want to test other things like prs), and download directly compiled packages from acidanthera repo, instead of relying on third parties repos.

By this way if the package builds on compilers each commit will be compiled directly into acidanthera's repo and you can directly download the compiled package.

Thanks, that is where I got the inspiration to build the latest commit.

• Like 1

You guys are too smart for me. I just download the latest zip from https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg. Double click build_duet.tool (I have BIOS hacks), double click build_oc.tool, and in Binaries I have in the latest OC (Debug and Release). Some scripts to build latest kexts and this is what I do before each update/upgrade.

Edited by Stefanalmare

Main pro of the dortania builds is that you don't need to login. Less out of the way as github action builds as well (though this is minor).
Other main pro is that you can go build by build if you need to test where something broke, and they don't expire after ~30 days or whatever the timeout is on github.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:24 AM, 5T33Z0 said:

... the last bOC uild available on the Dortania Repo is also about 10 days old. I wonder what's going on. 

Staying safe and busy protesting, I hope.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the atrocities in Ukraine.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

Am I wrong or the Win EFI partition is missing?

Bro I think you're correct, maybe our friend will be looking at a Windows re-install which will be a PITA just the thought of it, how else can it be rectified without an install I wonder?

PS - I just noticed it appears way down the list in his readout whether that makes a difference I don't know. This is how mine appears.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 1.54.13 pm.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

Windows being lazy 😁 , if it finds the EFI ready it does not create its own but goes to rely on an existing one (  for this I disable the other disks from the bios even with linux )  have you seen if it has somewhere saved the Microsot folder? in case you should copy it in the EFI from which you start together with OC .... Usually it resolves like this

• Like 2

First I installed Windows 11, with my ssd nvme for macOS Monterey empty, after that I removed my ssd sata with Windows 11 and installed macOS Monterey after that plugged the ssd sata with macOS Big Sur and after that I don't know how I lost my Windows EFI...

After re reading your post I recall that I deleted the EFI from the Windows from my ssd with macOS Monterey...

For that reason re install it is... 

Even if the SSD looked empty, it might have had an EFI partition. Windows will shove the EFI on the first EFI partition it finds, so try to disconnect/disable all other drives in your BIOS when installing W11. Failing that, there are ways to manually install windows through command line in recovery. If it ends up on another disk, I don't think it's the end of the world as OpenCore should be able to detect it anyways. Just be careful of EFI/BOOT being replaced with Windows's BOOTx64.efi on that disk.

• Like 3

Guest 5T33Z0

Since the last nightly build I can only move the cursor in the between 2 entries with the Keyboard, in the Bootpicker. I have 4 entries, though. And wherever I move the cursor this limits the cursor between these 2 entries. Really weird.