OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, oldman20 said:
On 10/14/2021 at 11:02 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Some time ago I asked how can we use Bluetooth devices in dual boot computers after Monterey came, without reconnect them each time. Today I found this but since beta 10 killed my bluetooth on Probook 4540s, I can't test it. Maybe somebody can tell us if it is working.

https://libredd.it/r/hackintosh/comments/p5ost3/macos_monterey_and_windows_bluetooth_pairing/

On 10/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, Stefanalmare said:

It works, but need to read also: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/255509/bluetooth-pairing-on-dual-boot-of-windows-linux-mint-ubuntu-stop-having-to-p

After changing key in windows, off/on bluetooth.

Is it can be trick for make AR3011 working?

No! For sure my English is very, very bad.

• Haha 1

@ghost8282

I had read you in the bug tracker. Keyboard and mouse are working well in my hack even changing ScanPolicy to other values.

About your doubt, I've seen that, disabling the 2 first bits (OC_SCAN_FILE_SYSTEM_LOCK and OC_SCAN_DEVICE_LOCK), OpenCore works as before since it can scan all kind of file systems or device types, not only those marked in the other bits. I think that, leaving those 2 bits unchecked, the other bits are irrelevant, don't you?  

• Like 2

Thanks @miliuco

the issue seems to be specifically related to FL1100 usb chipset + USB 3.0 bootable device directly attached to a usb 3.0 port of the usb controller.

Issue should be in the XhciDxe driver, and it's quite an old bug, I'm reading reports back from 2018.., the issue on bugtracker has been updated with more info, "unfortunately" not related to oc but to edk2/ovmf. "Unfortunately" because most probably if it was directly related to oc it had been fixed in a couple of days max :D

I also opened a bug in edk2 bugtracker, maybe it will be read in the next 2 years..

Thanks for the explanation about the bits.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded from OC 0.7.4 -> OC 0.7.5 following the steps here.  Upgrade was smooth and easy.  Acidanthera developers - you continue to do amazing work!  Thank you!!!

Acidanthera developers - it is a pleasure to use my HackMini8,1 thanks to your incredible work on Open Core (and to the CLOVER team's work and other boot loader work that preceded you).  I use my rig in a production environment virtually every day and it is problem-free.  This is my last hack before I purchase M1-based hardware.  Thank you for maintaining OC to allow all of us to maximize the utility and performance of our Intel-based rigs.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 2

Is anyone using IntelBluetooth on Monterey?

Airport kext is working but i cannot load the system with the bluetooth kexts. Tried the last working versions, tried with the latest ones, also with and without BluetoothFixup kext. Any ideas?

On 11/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, tonyx86 said:

Upgraded from OC 0.7.4 -> OC 0.7.5 following the steps here.  Upgrade was smooth and easy.  Acidanthera developers - you continue to do amazing work!  Thank you!!!

Acidanthera developers - it is a pleasure to use my HackMini8,1 thanks to your incredible work on Open Core (and to the CLOVER team's work and other boot loader work that preceded you).  I use my rig in a production environment virtually every day and it is problem-free.  This is my last hack before I purchase M1-based hardware.  Thank you for maintaining OC to allow all of us to maximize the utility and performance of our Intel-based rigs.

If you use OpenCore Auxiliary Tools you no longer have to do all this manual work to update the config. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/D_Updating_OpenCore

Hi, anybody knows if it is possible to spoof the device-id of a usb device with opencore?I know about pci, but what about usb?

The issue is with the trackpad of a macbook pro 4,1: a user is reporting that device id 0x0231 works as expected, mine is 0x0230 and I can't use two fingers+click for right click.

The device is located at:

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/UHC3@1D,2/UHC3@5d000000/AppleUSBUHCIPort@5d200000/Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad@5d200000

Edited by ghost8282

17 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

If you use OpenCore Auxiliary Tools you no longer have to do all this manual work to update the config. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/D_Updating_OpenCore

Good to know.  Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer manual changes to my config.  Then again, I was still installing kexts in /LE up through Catalina. :)

19 hours ago, dsynos80 said:

Is anyone using IntelBluetooth on Monterey?

Airport kext is working but i cannot load the system with the bluetooth kexts. Tried the last working versions, tried with the latest ones, also with and without BluetoothFixup kext. Any ideas?

Intel AX200 on monterrey ok.

IntelBluetoothInjector.kext & BlueToolFixup.kext should not play together.

1351160735_ScreenShot2021-11-09at09_17_58.thumb.png.4b00ee323f5df4a1fc75028d6349715c.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was curious about a change made a while back and one I have continued to change for my own build or stuff doesn't work. I ran into this again now that Clover is using OpenCore as well.

Why this change was done on this section where as further on in the code, the logic (based on WriteFlash is set or not) was maintained. (search on Config->Nvram.WriteFlash)

Does it hurt to put this back - ie to use Config->Nvram.WriteFlash ? OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_NV_ATTR : OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_ATTR,

the file: Library/OcMainLib/OpenCoreNvram.c

if ((Config->Misc.Security.ExposeSensitiveData & OCS_EXPOSE_VERSION_VAR) != 0) {
    OcSetSystemVariable (
      OC_VERSION_VARIABLE_NAME,
-      OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_ATTR,
+     Config->Nvram.WriteFlash ? OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_NV_ATTR : OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_ATTR,
      AsciiStrLen (Version),
      (VOID *) Version,
      NULL

the - is the current code

the + is the old code that I still need.

the difference is OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_ATTR vs OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_NV_ATTR

#define OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_NV_ATTR    (EFI_VARIABLE_BOOTSERVICE_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_RUNTIME_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_NON_VOLATILE)
#define OPEN_CORE_NVRAM_ATTR       (EFI_VARIABLE_BOOTSERVICE_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_RUNTIME_ACCESS)

@tluck Old code made OpenCore write the version to NVRAM flash if writeFlash=true. New attribute only writes to NVRAM flash if ForceOcWriteFlash is enabled. Most people probably don't want it written to NVRAM flash though.
What you may be running into is that the Opencore version was written to flash in older versions, so the newer version does not appear when using newer OC versions. Either use the "nvram" utility, NVRAM->Delete, or Reset NVRAM to remove it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

@tluck Old code made OpenCore write the version to NVRAM flash if writeFlash=true. New attribute only writes to NVRAM flash if ForceOcWriteFlash is enabled. Most people probably don't want it written to NVRAM flash though.
What you may be running into is that the Opencore version was written to flash in older versions, so the newer version does not appear when using newer OC versions. Either use the "nvram" utility, NVRAM->Delete, or Reset NVRAM to remove it.

tl;dr: cool. thanks for the speedy response. all good now with ForceOcWriteFlash=true

Ah... I missed this quirk: ForceOcWriteFlash=true - once I added that quirk and with nvram reset things are ok with new code. This was on my Lenovo T420 (10 years and still going!) so now using writeFlash=true and ForceOcWriteFlash=true

1. ForceOcWriteFlash
    Type: plist boolean
    Failsafe: false
    Description: Enables writing to flash memory for all OpenCore-managed NVRAM system variables.

Note: This value should be disabled on most types of firmware but is left configurable to account for firmware that may have issues with volatile variable storage overflows or similar. Boot issues across multiple OSes can be observed on e.g. Lenovo Thinkpad T430 and T530 without this quirk. Apple variables related to Secure Boot and hibernation are exempt from this for security reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, etorix said:

Both type-A and type-C on an internal hub? That's unusual…

For a full type-A switch I would use "3" since it's used for external devices which will be plugged in and out.

Yep, 2 type-A and 1 type-C on 10GB external HUB. It is not full type-A, so unusefull, but thank you.

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Yep, 2 type-A and 1 type-C on 10GB external HUB. It is not full type-A, so unusefull, but thank you.

I switched to 3. All ports work type c type a, USB3 USB2 (also, with connector flipped). So, we have an answer for similar situation.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

Hello everybody,

A question please, if someone can explain. After installing Big Sur on GA Z490M Gaming X and fixing pretty much everything I noticed a few lines in OC Debug Log which don't make much sense to me.

Maybe its safe to ignore but I'd like to know what's going on and who's doing the patch, I guess its OC. It is Patching invalid size on 3 items.

52:264 00:167 OCAK: Local relocs 689 on FFFFFF8004041000
52:318 00:053 OC: Prelinked injection Lilu.kext (Lilu.kext) - Success
52:373 00:054 OCAK: Patching invalid size 2000 with 17FD000 for com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily
52:434 00:061 OCAK: Local relocs 503 on FFFFFF800406F000
52:488 00:053 OC: Prelinked injection VirtualSMC.kext (VirtualSMC.kext) - Success
52:538 00:050 OC: Prelinked injection USBPorts.kext () - Success
52:593 00:055 OCAK: Patching invalid size 29000 with 12D6000 for com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
52:656 00:062 OCAK: Local relocs 1836 on FFFFFF8004089000
52:715 00:058 OC: Prelinked injection WhateverGreen.kext (WhateverGreen.kext) - Success
52:784 00:069 OCAK: Local relocs 5651 on FFFFFF8004109000
52:872 00:087 OC: Prelinked injection AppleALC.kext (AppleALC.kext) - Success
52:941 00:068 OCAK: Patching invalid size 17000 with 1562000 for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily
52:998 00:057 OCAK: Local relocs 656 on FFFFFF8004295000
53:043 00:045 OC: Prelinked injection IntelMausi.kext (IntelMausi.kext) - Success
53:085 00:042 OC: Prelink size 68546560 kext offset 65933312 reserved 2613248
53:128 00:042 OCAK: KC TEXT is 65536 bytes with 50152 Mach-O headers need 512
53:208 00:080 OCAK: 64-bit AppleIoMapper replace count - 1
53:250 00:042 OCAK: Patch success com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily AppleIoMapper
53:431 00:181 OC: Prelinked status - Success

If i remove IntelMausi for example, the line for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily is gone so no more patching invalid size for that item. OS works absolutely fine and there are no problems. I am just curios about this.

Thanks