OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

For the life of me I can't get gui to show, could someone fix it for me please...

Do you have any .VolumeIcon.icns icon to customize an operating system? If the answer is no, remove the first option in Picker Attributes by typing 150 instead of 151 since "when using flavours, it is recommended to disable: 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON".
The 3Ddesign theme is at Resources/Image/chris1111, right?
Do you have downloaded the most recent Resources folder from Acidanthera? The one that has in the Label folder SIPDisabled and SIPDisabled among others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have any .VolumeIcon.icns icon to customize an operating system? If the answer is no, remove the first option in Picker Attributes by typing 150 instead of 151 since "when using flavours, it is recommended to disable: 0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON".
The 3Ddesign theme is at Resources/Image/chris1111, right?
Do you have downloaded the most recent Resources folder from Acidanthera? The one that has in the Label folder SIPDisabled and SIPDisabled among others.

Hi @miliuco Long time ago, someone tell me to use PickerAttributes=144 for external picker. I read the configuration.pdf, but I don't understand the settings. So, 150 is better ?

33 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @miliuco Long time ago, someone tell me to use PickerAttributes=144 for external picker. I read the configuration.pdf, but I don't understand the settings. So, 150 is better?

There is no better or worse value for Picker Attributes, it depends on what you want to select.
144 is good to have pointer and flavour system (16 + 128 = 144), this is the way many of us are working.
But @STLVNUB has 151, so he has selected other options in addition to pointer and flavours: Custom Icons and Labels and Predefined Labels for Boot Entries (01 + 02 + 04 = 07, 144 + 7 = 151).
I tell him to remove option 1 "0x0001 - OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON, provides custom icons for boot entries" (151 - 1 = 150) because I remember reading somewhere that it is recommended that, when using flavours, this option from custom boot icons must be removed.

Remember the different choices in Picker Attributes (values in hex, in config.plist must be in decimal):

0x0001 — OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON, provides custom icons for boot entries
0x0002 — OC_ATTR_USE_DISK_LABEL_FILE, provides custom prerendered titles for boot entries
0x0004 — OC_ATTR_USE_GENERIC_LABEL_IMAGE, provides predefined label images for boot entries without custom entries
0x0008 — OC_ATTR_HIDE_THEMED_ICONS, prefers builtin icons for certain icon categories to match the theme
0x0010 - OC_ATTR_USE_POINTER_CONTROL, enables pointer control in the OpenCore picker when available
0x0020 — OC_ATTR_SHOW_DEBUG_DISPLAY, enable display of additional timing and debug information, in Builtin picker in DEBUG and NOOPT builds only
0x0040 — OC_ATTR_USE_MINIMAL_UI, use minimal UI display, no Shutdown or Restart buttons, affects OpenCanopy and builtin picker
0x0080 — OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON, provides flexible boot entry content description, suitable for picking the best media across different content sets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, miliuco said:

There is no better or worse value for Picker Attributes, it depends on what you want to select.
144 is good to have pointer and flavour system (16 + 128 = 144), this is the way many of us are working.

Remember the different choices in Picker Attributes (values in hex, in config.plist must be in decimal):

0x0001 — OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON, provides custom icons for boot entries
0x0002 — OC_ATTR_USE_DISK_LABEL_FILE, provides custom prerendered titles for boot entries
0x0004 — OC_ATTR_USE_GENERIC_LABEL_IMAGE, provides predefined label images for boot entries without custom entries
0x0008 — OC_ATTR_HIDE_THEMED_ICONS, prefers builtin icons for certain icon categories to match the theme
0x0010 - OC_ATTR_USE_POINTER_CONTROL, enables pointer control in the OpenCore picker when available
0x0020 — OC_ATTR_SHOW_DEBUG_DISPLAY, enable display of additional timing and debug information, in Builtin picker in DEBUG and NOOPT builds only
0x0040 — OC_ATTR_USE_MINIMAL_UI, use minimal UI display, no Shutdown or Restart buttons, affects OpenCanopy and builtin picker
0x0080 — OC_ATTR_USE_FLAVOUR_ICON, provides flexible boot entry content description, suitable for picking the best media across different content sets.

Thanks for these explanations. 🙂 I'm pretty bad with these combination lists because I'm not good at it. Also, I'm going to keep 144, which is for common use.

• Like 2

Thanks guys but still not working, maybe wrong Resources folder

Can someone upload their resources folder please

9 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

11 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

replace resources folder whit this chriss- 3Ddesign-Resources.zip

config.

1529471869_Schermata2021-08-07alle13_56_12.png.f0a4663da9c31c7a0cdc203cfafa64d4.png

• Like 3

Hi,

I updated OC from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2. Ocvalidate checked and added new key (GraphicsInputMirroring, true), after that no validation errors.

After update my OS or Recovery are not showing in picker. When booting with 0.7.1 backup, both system and recovery partitions are shown.
I checked diffs and tried changing SecureBootModel from Default to j185f, as I'm using iMac 20,1 SMBIOS and Catalina 10.15.7, but still no OS or recovery shown in the picker.

Attached is my config.plist. Any advice will be appreciated.

config.plist

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, gorans said:

Hi,

I updated OC from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2. Ocvalidate checked and added new key (GraphicsInputMirroring, true), after that no validation errors.

After update my OS or Recovery are not showing in picker. When booting with 0.7.1 backup, both system and recovery partitions are shown.
I checked diffs and tried changing SecureBootModel from Default to j185f, as I'm using iMac 20,1 SMBIOS and Catalina 10.15.7, but still no OS or recovery shown in the picker.

Attached is my config.plist. Any advice will be appreciated.

config.plist 25.7 kB · 0 downloads

Change the SecureBootModel to j137 and then under UEFI->APFS set the MinDate and MinVersion to -1. Save restart and done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @gorans @AudioGod

For my Z390 Aorus Master - i7 9700k, I use SecurebootModel=Disabled (SMBIOS Imac19,1 or Imac20,1) without any problems. "Disabled is equivalent to Medium Security of Apple Secure Boot" (configuration.pdf).

Yeah I have mine disabled to 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 9:52 PM, Hervé said:

Some people actually recommend to re-enable SIP with null value.

Usually there is no reason to disable it in the first place, many people do it just for the sake of it.

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks for OC team work. I don't understand: the commit 29bd3fa bump version for the documentation from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3. But when I build, there is always 0.7.2 tag.

The version number is raised at the beginning of development and the tag is created for the final release at the end of development.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Usually there is no reason to disable it in the first place, many people do it just for the sake of it.

Totally agree, 9 out of 10 times not necessary at all.

44 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

The version number is raised at the beginning of development and the tag is created for the final release at the end of development.

Thanks 🙂 I certainly misspoke (sorry for my bad English). It seemed to me that at the beginning of development, when we compile it is with the new version number even in beta. I just build the last commit 485e0c9. OC remains in 0.7.2! the version number don't raised?
Maybe I misunderstood something, sorry.

Edited by Matgen84

Guest 5T33Z0
52 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Totally agree, 9 out of 10 times not necessary at all.

SIP is really annoying when it comes to audio plugins and Universal Audio Hardware. And that's why I have it always turned off. Same goes for DMG Verification and Gatekeeper. But I guess 9 outof 10 People are not working in the field of audio either. :D

Guest 5T33Z0
28 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks 🙂 I certainly misspoke (sorry for my bad English). It seemed to me that at the beginning of development, when we compile it is with the new version number even in beta. I just build the last commit 485e0c9. OC remains in 0.7.2! the version number don't raised?
Maybe I misunderstood something, sorry.

I've downloaded the same commit from Dortania's site and it's definitely a 0.7.3 build.

53 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I've downloaded the same commit from Dortania's site and it's definitely a 0.7.3 build.

Thanks 🙂 I don't know why I continue to build Opencopre myself, while this site exists.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks 🙂 I don't know why I continue to build Opencopre myself, while this site exists.

And besides the possibility to download OC at Dortania's site, we can download some kexts too. 🥳

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

I am currently setting up Mojave on my rig to have a version of macOS which can run 32 bit only Apps and audio plugins. I know Internet won't work but that's okay.

Based on my current config, I changed the SMBIOS to iMac 18,3 and csr-active config to FF070000

Since Mojave does not support 10th Gen Intel CPUs I am emulating a different CPU Model (I guess Coffelake?), but these are the values:

Cpuid1Data: EB060800 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask: FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

It is booting eventually and runs fine so far but the boot process stalls for about 30 to 45 seconds after gIOLockscreenState 3 when it seems to be trying to trim a drive "spacemem_trim". Any idea how to bypass the trimming maybe? Thanks

Edited by 5T33Z0