OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 12:54 PM, 5T33Z0 said:

On my deaktop I reverted back to 0.7.1 yesterday, because the current 0.7.2 build caused some strange behavior when I was working in Logic when all of a sudden the computer became completely unresponsive, the fans ramped up like crazy and all I could do was a hard reset.

Would you mind bisectioning?

On 7/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, MifJpn said:

It's strange to come here and not make a manual or announcement that it isn't.

For a nightly beta that is discouraged for daily driving? Nope, no announcements, read the changelog.

The APFS change follows the SecureBootModel change, both require Big Sur as per the new defaults. The old defaults broke Secure Boot due to T2 SB model types now actually requiring some sort of T2. Non-T2 Macs can boot fine because they do not support FW-level Secure Boot like we do.

• Like 5

Guest 5T33Z0
2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Would you mind bisectioning?

Mind what? I have no idea, what you are talking about.

39 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Mind what? I have no idea, what you are talking about.

When you have two commits, one works and one does not, you take the one in the middle and see whether it works. Depending on whether it does, you pick the one in the middle of the half-range where it broke and do that until you find the definite commit than broke it. Nobody else reported this so far, so otherwise this will not be fixed.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

When you have two commits, one works and one does not, you take the one in the middle and see whether it works. Depending on whether it does, you pick the one in the middle of the half-range where it broke and do that until you find the definite commit than broke it. Nobody else reported this so far, so otherwise this will not be fixed.

In my job I would call that the half step approach so have learned something new today ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

Today I have tried to build OC and it gave me an error and quit, anyone knows what happening ?

Thanks

Hi @MorenoAv I can build latest commit without any problem (Catalina/Xcode 12.4). What kind of errors do you have ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Today I have tried to build OC and it gave me an error and quit, anyone knows what happening?

No problem with commit 3b13722 + Big Sur + Xcode 12.5.1.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Tried to build now this is the error log...

Xcode 12.5.1

Captura de ecrã 2021-07-30, às 12.32.30.png

When I use git clone from repo. The local git repository is called OpencorePKG ! The result is /Users/mathieu/opencorepkg

Because of:

Last login: Fri Jul 30 14:01:20 on ttys000
You have mail.
mathieu@iMac-de-Mathieu ~ % git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg.git

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

When I use git clone from repo. The local git repository is called OpencorePKG ! The result is /Users/mathieu/opencorepkg

Because of:

Last login: Fri Jul 30 14:01:20 on ttys000
You have mail.
mathieu@iMac-de-Mathieu ~ % git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg.git

I normally use the ocbuild tool and it worked before today... 

Now I don't know what is the problem...

If anyone could help I'll appreciate it.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

If anyone could help I'll appreciate it.

Thanks

Make a clean local git repo, and build 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

If anyone could help I'll appreciate it...

I also do it by ocbuild tool. I can't say what is your problem 😕

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 1

I haven't yet tested HyperV Support, but this looks fantastic.  Very useful for someone who needs XCode running remotely.  Is it reasonable to expect that there will eventually be similar support for an Apple Silicon kernel running in a VM on an Intel-based hypervisor/emulator (please forgive what may be improper terminology)?

Edited by tonyx86

6 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

I haven't yet tested HyperV Support, but this looks fantastic.  Very useful for someone who needs XCode running remotely.  Is it reasonable to expect that there will eventually be similar support for an Apple Silicon kernel running in a VM on an Intel-based hypervisor/emulator (please forgive what may be improper terminology)?

For everyone sticking with intel hardware emulation will be the ticket if near terms apple moves everything M1/M2.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

is there a particular quirk in OC to disable MacOS update ?

My Hack can't find 11.5 update (right now i'm on 11.4) and i had the same problem when i was on 11.1 and wasn't able to update to 11.3.

I've disable this quirk BlacklistAppleUpdate but still can't find any new update. Last time i had to clean reinstall to have 11.4 but this time i would like to find a solution ..

Someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mattia

• Sad 2

OC 0.7.2 download still includes SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml in Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries. Is that intentional?

EDIT: One of the changes to SSDT-PNLF.aml wraps the entire PNLF Device in "If (_OSI ("Darwin"))" (so that the Device and the OperationRegion (RMP3) are conditional on Darwin).  Is wrapping the entire Device in "If(Darwin") preferable to adding an _STA that is conditional on Darwin?  Does it make a difference?

Edited by tonyx86

2 hours ago, tmbt said:

Hi guys,

is there a particular quirk in OC to disable MacOS update ?

My Hack can't find 11.5 update (right now i'm on 11.4) and i had the same problem when i was on 11.1 and wasn't able to update to 11.3.

I've disable this quirk BlacklistAppleUpdate but still can't find any new update. Last time i had to clean reinstall to have 11.4 but this time i would like to find a solution ..

Someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mattia

Maybe I mistake. Do you have SecureBootModel=Disabled or not in your config.plist ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Maybe I mistake. Do you have SecureBootModel=Disabled or not in your config.plist ! 

Other than quirk SecureBootModel=Default

For Open Core csr-active-config try 67080000.

For Clover try 0x867.

Edited by HenryV
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, HenryV said:

Other than quirk SecureBootModel=Default

For Open Core csr-active-config try 67080000.

For Clover try 0x867.

SecureBootModel was on Default but i had a different value on csr-active-confing (don't know if that was the sample config value or i modified it for some reasons) so i used the value you specified here and after resetting nvram i got updates again!

Thanks

Hi @Andrey1970

Thanks for OC team work. I don't understand: the commit 29bd3fa bump version for the documentation from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3. But when I build, there is always 0.7.2 tag.

From https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg
   3b13722b..485e0c9f  master     -> origin/master
 * [new tag]           0.7.2      -> 0.7.2
HEAD is now at 485e0c9f Update MP71.yaml