OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Honestly I'd just recommend if you're having issues building after doing a git pull, is to delete the OpenCorePkg folder then do a clean git clone on the repository and rebuild. Usually doing a clean build is the best way to fix build issues, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Honestly I'd just recommend if you're having issues building after doing a git pull, is to delete the OpenCorePkg folder then do a clean git clone on the repository and rebuild. Usually doing a clean build is the best way to fix build issues, in my opinion.

Yes. That's what I said above.

I really don't know what to say to you anymore apart from you're one step away from getting censored and banned from the site. Members has bent over backwards with constructive advice which you choose to ignore, Go to the red apple site they have plenty of posts (I have done the research for you) with exactly your specs and search for the answers you're looking for. Don't post derogatory messages in any language on the Thread - Read The Site Rules.

We tried to help, tried to point in right direction. Can’t help everyone I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@makk looks like you made progress.

my bad on a typo for gfx freeze checks run this to check:

log show --predicate 'processImagePath contains "kernel" ' |grep BRSYNC

typoed the last word. 

ps. sorry i know this makk thread is OT pertaining to OpenCore. so last post on the makk saga.

4 hours ago, tluck said:

@makk looks like you made progress.

my bad on a typo for gfx freeze checks run this to check:

log show --predicate 'processImagePath contains "kernel" ' |grep BRSYNC

typoed the last word. 

ps. sorry i know this makk thread is OT pertaining to OpenCore. so last post on the makk saga.

tluck

I think its' more of a power management issue now.  Lack of power to the graphics.

Do you have any experience in SSDT power management?

1 hour ago, makk said:

tluck

I think its' more of a power management issue now.  Lack of power to the graphics.

Do you have any experience in SSDT power management?

yes. pm me and happy to discuss.

Edited by tluck

@wrk73, you will have to ask Microsoft about it. The binary is not even executable under Windows. They provide some guidelines on how to submit a false positive on their website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/microsoft-defender-antivirus/antivirus-false-positives-negatives. We do not have Windows to reproduce it, but you can do that on your side.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wrk73 said:

Why does windows defender mark OC Bootstrap.efi as an virus?

Can anyone take a look on it?

image.png.a6d437e42f562d07aab7004908cf68b0.png

Hi - After reading your post which I found very unusual, I decide to run a full Windows Defender scan on my machine. I am dual booting Catalina and Windows10 Pro, both on respective drives, Catalina on a M.2 drive and Windows on a SSD drive. After the scan, the result came back as No Current Threats, so it is a mystery why you should get that result. For clarity my OC version is 0.6.0 and the Windows version is 2004 which I highly doubt has anything to do with what you're experiencing. The only suggestion I can make is to tailor Windows Defender to do Customs Scans only therefore bypassing certain files and folders even though I think you shouldn't have to go to that measure as I like to do full Scans each time.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:48 AM, vit9696 said:

Do not do this for legacy boards, it will break the scripts.

Thx @vit9696 & @Rodion2010

I already tried DisableVariableWrite = NO but makes no difference.

I looked into the OC sources to get a better insight as to what could be going wrong.

I added more DEBUG_INFO statements in few of the appropriate OcBootManagementLib sources with the tag MacNB.

it looks like Boot0080 and BootOrder are being assigned to the wrong keys.

The LogoutHook script is saving them in 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C but OC is assigning them in 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102.

Also the function OcScanForDefaultBootEntry is not being called.

Please see attached Log file with my DEBUG statements and the nvram.plist from EFI.

Please let me know how I can help to debug this issue.

I know Legacy BIOS platforms are a low priority but if OC means to support Legacy BIOS then it should work.

MacNB-opencore-2020-06-21-134516.txt

nvram.plist

MacNB-config.plist

Edited by MacNB
wrong tag
  • Like 1

Hi All.  I am running OC 0.5.9 and catalina 10.15.5 supplemental.  I have recently installed an Aorus RX5700xt after my Vega64 had issues.  I have used IGDPmod=Pikera and also "ignore" to same results.  The problem I am having is unreliable boot ups.  Sometimes the system boots properly no issues. Other times it takes 3-4 attempts that give me black screen after apple logo.  During the black screen events I can see that the system has booted correctly but the GPU is not outputting anything.  The motherboard has "AO" indicated but black screen.

I have implemented a custom SSDT-EC-USBX.aml using Hackintool as I was having issues with USB ports and charging my Iphone.  I still however notice  that If I plug in my USB/NVME backup drive it tends to cause conflicts now and slow booting and graphics issues so I don't use it, but still have the black screen issues even when not using the USB/NVME ddrive.

I have attached my config.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

config.plist

@vit9696 @Download-Fritz

I noticed according to one of my discord server admin's you had a conversation with REKTIMUS regards to Open core Tools - 1. he doesn't represent our server at all and 2. open core is BSD-3 Clause, and you expressed to him you don't want any tools to be used for open core, While I appreciate you want everyone to run open-core direct from the source. We have an app that makes installing the EFI in a more user-friendly way for people with less knowledge. The app doesn't use any open core trademarks nor logos. we don't endorse a packager installer, that was a personal project of his. The OC Gen X app is a useful tool for our community to use. we didn't approach you for approval because we knew it would have been rejected. Tools are there to make life easier for some people and if you object to tools with the use of open core binaries, why has no one caused a fuss over Hackintool or Kext Updater, or the OC Maker app or any of those. OC Gen X is not directly linked in any way to Open core and has been created within view of the BSD3-Clause Licence. Thanks

MacPato, from what I know REKTIMUS wanted to perform a fork of OpenCore and change its name in order to distribute it with his own package installer. We denied it for obvious reasons in accordance with copyright law and our 3rd license clause. I do not believe we made any attempts to prevent tool makers from doing their job regardless of whether we like or dislike the methods their authors use. This includes the configurators, which we definitely are unhappy about but we do not try to prevent them from happening.

I had not known what OC Gen X was before you mentioned it, but from the screenshot it looks fine to me? Well, frankly, I do not believe it is going to work well, so I cannot say I find it useful or that I like it, but at the very least I do not see any (legal) problems with such stuff appearing? I think you misunderstood something and got confused.

6 hours ago, MacPato said:

we don't endorse a packager installer, that was a personal project of his.

To add some context, for some reason he believed BSD-3 mandated to OSS any work derieved while that is a traditional GPL thing, so this was resolved with both parties agreeing quickly.

Hello,

i'm running a z490 build with an i9 10900k and erverything is running fine so far (catalina), but when i start the machine in v-mode, i get the messages in the picture before the real verbose begins. Maybe someone can tell me what could be the cause of these reports.

IMG_3683.PNG

Edited by Henry.M.

3 minutes ago, Henry.M. said:

Hello,

i'm running a z490 build with an i9 10900k and erverything is running fine so far (catalina), but when i start the machine in v-mode, i get the messages in the picture before the real verbose begins. Maybe someone can tell me what could be the cause of these reports.

IMG_3683.PNG

It boot.efi verbose.

3 hours ago, vit9696 said:

MacPato, from what I know REKTIMUS wanted to perform a fork of OpenCore and change its name in order to distribute it with his own package installer. We denied it for obvious reasons in accordance with copyright law and our 3rd license clause. I do not believe we made any attempts to prevent tool makers from doing their job regardless of whether we like or dislike the methods their authors use. This includes the configurators, which we definitely are unhappy about but we do not try to prevent them from happening.

I had not known what OC Gen X was before you mentioned it, but from the screenshot it looks fine to me? Well, frankly, I do not believe it is going to work well, so I cannot say I find it useful or that I like it, but at the very least I do not see any (legal) problems with such stuff appearing? I think you misunderstood something and got confused.

I thank you both for the response, it seems what he intended to do was not our intentions. i'm glad you have clarified this for us and apologize for the confusion. Kindest Regards

Hi all!

I’m using OpenCore 0.5.9 with macOS 10.15.5. I do not have OpenCanopy set up, so all my entries are basic text.

How does OpenCore generate the disk labels in the boot menu? I changed the name of my APFS start up disk using Disk Utility after a successful installation, but OpenCore still displays the old label in the boot menu. If I understand correctly, this information is not stored in the NVRAM, and clearing it should not have any effect.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, vit9696 said:

REKTIMUS wanted to perform a fork of OpenCore and change its name in order to distribute it with his own package installer. We denied it for obvious reasons in accordance with copyright law and our 3rd license clause. I do not believe we made any attempts to prevent tool makers from doing their job regardless of whether we like or dislike the methods their authors use.

I just wanted to make a package installer, so I asked to use the Logo. After some reading I believed we could not only use the Logo or "OpenCore" but I believed the package names as well so I asked Fritz what I needed to do to make the installer and if I had to I would consider forking.

My takeaway was that I or anyone else had no right to distribute OpenCore binaries without permission unless it was forked and renamed.

But if anyone has the legal right to distribute source/binaries without the logo or "OpenCore", I think everything is fine then?