OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Humanate said:

Hi. I posted a couple of days ago but no replies yet. I am having an issue since OC 0.5.9, Windows will not boot. I get blue screen with "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR_STOP"

My windows installation is on a separate NVME SSD to my macOS installation. If I revert to OC 0.5.8 all is well and Windows boots. I've attached the 0.5.9 EFI I'm using

Could one of you excellent people help me solve this?

This is caused by an ACPI table's code execution causing an exception, or being corrupted so the structure is messed up and makes no sense or a needed device is missing.

EDIT: Boot into windows from your firmware boot menu directly. You can get the log from the blue screen from event viewer, or there are some raw dumps somewhere in the windows folder.

EDIT2: The log should tell you all the information about what ACPI issue was and where/why.

Edited by apianti

3 hours ago, makk said:

I tested your profiles and it did not work.  Strange

what did not work?

Note: the Override Profile "works" only if the EDID present/injected matches on Vendor/Product IDs.

in this case the profile doesnt redefine the EDID, but provides a different gamma table, and resolution options. 

1 hour ago, apianti said:

I understand what you said before perfectly fine. I think you're not understanding, the system is booting. It went into a power state that turned off devices to save energy, it has to boot again but slightly differently as I said. This is actually pretty quick most the times and you probably don't really realize it unless something is causing a delay, like the screen needing to be initialized because this wasn't done during boot because it was not a full boot, it just woke the graphics device.

I don't understand what this means. What do you mean wasn't at sleep before? It only sleeps one time when it sleeps and wakes, then never again? Never wakes again? Or the problem only happens the first time it sleeps? Or it's only happening after sleep? I suspect the last. And it seems to me that it is causing resolution negotiation on the external displays because they also went to sleep (from loss of signal, which is why you get a screen saying this, it is actually already out of being able to work with the graphics cards until it is reinitialized) and are also being woken up. Do you have macOS set to never sleep or hibernate? Because you are not simply just locking your screen, that keyboard shortcut is a power management function as well. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236#sleep

I have setup, that my laptop never goes to sleep on charger. I only lock macos that causes only display sleep. This issue ocurres when I firstly booted and then lock environment and unlock it.

When I put my laptop to sleep completly manualy and then woke it up and locking environment, this bug not happens again until I rebooted os.

I hope that I describe it well :) 

I have a curious issue regarding boot time during initialisation of graphics card "Radeon RX 5500 XT 4 GB".
When using boot arg debug=0x12a total boot time is around 17 seconds.
Without boot arg debug=0x12a total boot time is 31 seconds.
The delay is on the cards initialisation when the screen goes black and the login screen appears next.

Using OC 0.5.8 and related WEG version.

Other boot args
shikigva=80 agdpmod=pikera

Any ideas?

Edited by Panas78

3 hours ago, tluck said:

what did not work?

Note: the Override Profile "works" only if the EDID present/injected matches on Vendor/Product IDs.

in this case the profile doesnt redefine the EDID, but provides a different gamma table, and resolution options. 

ah

I used them as presented.  Not in Overrides.  Have to make a new one.

3 hours ago, makk said:

ah

I used them as presented.  Not in Overrides.  Have to make a new one.

Nothing to make?

1) Inject EDID in config.plist

2) install Override file macOS (that matchs vendor/product of the EDID)

12 hours ago, gengik84 said:

12 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

In Sample.plist

it is perfect. thanks alot again

Last login: Sat Jun  6 01:10:35 on console

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ %  log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2020-06-06 01:20:48.861488+0900  localhost powerd[70]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>"  identity: "<private>"

2020-06-06 01:21:09.795795+0900  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

2020-06-06 01:21:09.795797+0900  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

2020-06-06 10:46:04.761312+0900  localhost powerd[70]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>"  identity: "<private>"

2020-06-06 10:46:25.223875+0900  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

2020-06-06 10:46:25.223877+0900  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ % 

31 minutes ago, tluck said:

Nothing to make?

1) Inject EDID in config.plist

2) install Override file macOS (that matchs vendor/product of the EDID)

did not work. (had to create a new config.plist is what I was referring to. ) 

Kaleiscope and all kinds of strange.

Using MacBookPro from Hackintool. Is working so far, but getting strange characters on coping.

pasted: strange not doing it now! 

now call it, is the "Breaking of the Bread." First, because the Mass originated on the evening of Holy Thursday. And secondly, because the Mass is the perpetual remembrance of My love which extends beyond that hour and that moment. My Passion, Crucifixion and Death were the historical hour and...

"Isn't the Earth seated on the waters of her seas and hasn't she made use of these to do harm? What has she not made use of? Peoples, nations, races, boundaries, interests, food, expansions--everything has been of use for her to fornicate and carry out enormous homicides and betrayals like that of Judas. Her own children, nourished by her with the blood of sin, will accomplish God's vengeance upon her by destroying her, by destroying themselves, bringing the sum of the crimes against God and against man to the perfect number which demands the thundering of my 'Enough!'

NOTE: it did not show up here.

I do some religious editing for a friend.  when I paste into or from another source, I get the latin characters not sure how to put them in without Windows.  visually these character are not there, but after copy paste they show up.  Weird. This used to happen on the old style monitors in Windows, the CRT displays. Video cards with improper sync rates.  With these Digital LCD's should not have syncing problems.  but it does appear it seems.  Rather weird. But this laptop is an old Asus about 9 or 10 years old.  Still runs well. 

How to hide a volume? on OC? where are the detailed instructions?

I have multiple macOS and they bleed into each other.

I would like to choose one volume and OC hide it when booting into the chosen volume.

this is causing bleed overs from one config to another, its as if one OS resides and overrides the other.

How to correct this issue? 

was able to do this in clover but how in OC?

anyone get problem whit latest AudioDxe.efi 

i have chime but it looping infinitely...

i found couse that 'HdaStream->HdaDev->DmaPositions[HdaStream->Index].Position' in 'HdaControllerStreamOutputPollTimerHandler'(/audioDxe/HdaContoller/Hdacontroller.c) is always 0.

it just for me?? or have AudioCex.efi bug now??

Edited by isaII

16 minutes ago, isaII said:

i found couse that 'HdaStream->HdaDev->DmaPositions[HdaStream->Index].Position' in 'HdaControllerStreamOutputPollTimerHandler'(/audioDxe/HdaContoller/Hdacontroller.c) is always 0.

No problem here with latest AudioDxe file.

1 hour ago, isaII said:

Please retest with latest from master.

39 minutes ago, Goldfish64 said:

Please retest with latest from master.

no diffrent...

it also looping infinitely

if(HdaStreamDmaPos == 0){

HdaControllerStreamIdle (HdaStream);

HdaControllerStreamAbort (HdaStream);

}

and insert it after calculate 'DmaChanged' for check HdaStreamDmaPos

it was excuted...

my audio device is alc1220

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x3)

under AMD system... is it matter with this?

Edited by isaII

On 6/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, Tiem said:

Hey guys having a bit of trouble blocking a device.

I have the WIFI module on my board enabled and see the following that is automatically detected by OC:

177400742_ScreenShot2020-06-04at11_48_59AM.thumb.png.e7b8e34f3934d16214397f53a77efb44.png

When I add that block to Delete, it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Is your screenshot a device proprieties entry in config.plist? On my Aorus Master system, OC can't automatically detected this card no compatible for macOS. So remove it.
I use a custom USBPorts.kext without HS14 for disable Intel Bluetooth.

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Is your screenshot a device proprieties entry in config.plist? On my Aorus Master system, OC can't automatically detected this card no compatible for macOS. So remove it.
I use a custom USBPorts.kext without HS14 for disable Intel Bluetooth.

You don't have to. This was my mistake. Every PCI device is recognized by Hackintool. But that doesn't mean it is by macOS. 10.15.6 cannot detect the card so it's actually not loaded. I was basically trying to delete a device that macOS didn't even use lol

You can also just disable wifi in the BIOS if you're concerned. But I run it Windows and have no issues with macOS when it's enabled. I know 10.15.0 used to KP if it was active but that's been fixed.

It's a way better card than the Fenvi. I wish more people cared to support development of wifi chipsets on our boards :cry:

52 minutes ago, Tiem said:

You don't have to. This was my mistake. Every PCI device is recognized by Hackintool. But that doesn't mean it is by macOS. 10.15.6 cannot detect the card so it's actually not loaded. I was basically trying to delete a device that macOS didn't even use lol

You can also just disable wifi in the BIOS if you're concerned. But I run it Windows and have no issues with macOS when it's enabled. I know 10.15.0 used to KP if it was active but that's been fixed.

It's a way better card than the Fenvi. I wish more people cared to support development of wifi chipsets on our boards :cry:

Hi @Tiem

Sorry for my bad English. 

Right, I hope a support development of Intel wifi chipsets for macOS. This card works well on Windows. :bye:

• Like 1

@ isall - You posted

My device is also alc1220 but AudioDevice entry is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) - Maybe give this entry a try and see if result is better. Good luck.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 10.14.17.png

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

@ isall - You posted

My device is also alc1220 but AudioDevice entry is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) - Maybe give this entry a try and see if result is better. Good luck.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 10.14.17.png

thanks but there is no audio device in PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) on my system...

i think PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x3) it self correct becouse audio play back is working...

• Like 1

OC recognizes these suggest to make a duplicate of your config.plist (PCIRoot) (config.plist copy)

keep for Reference in case. (is good to have put it somewhere you will not delete.)  

then on your good config.plist the one you will be booting with delete the ones you find to be bothersome.

cosmetics? no it actually shows up in Mac in System Information under PCI section and in IOREG for Mac to use to build a (cosmetic (database in some cases unless you know how to make it work without toasting your board) and each one can be edited and used if you know how to. 

for the graphics card and audio.  Whatevergreen.kext, AppleALC.kext uses them.

Also Lilu.kext for system.  PCI Bus stuff.  Controller information.

Wifi -- delete from DeviceProperties in config.plist --if it is there as part of your booting live config.plist.  

Block wasn't working in 5.8 and 5.9 on my PC for some reason. 

Just noticed in OC 6.0 Debug Version Delete renamed to Block in one place. 

For Intel wifi/bluetooth combo's would it be possible to Fake?  like other device?

23 hours ago, makk said:

Greetings Charlie

Did the MacBook Air Display Profile solve your screen Display problems?

I switched to MacBook Pro profile using Hackintool. I did get one glitch on a PNG or JPG on Facebook sight.  So it is still not perfect.  

When Profiles for Display do not line up with the Monitor, Scan lines and all this, it starts to corrupt the output.  Scan lines in Display Sys Prefanes. > .icc there are lots in Overrides Directory.  Can remove all the ones that don't work it's there for modeling.  Just put in there all the ones your machine can use and stock up.  Get different color profiles.

Also, Charilie make sure EC0 and EC are not in the same place on IOREG

Each one has to have it's own identifier

----EC. < EC00000000 as reference Fake ID Using Fake SSDT-EC.aml profrom OC ACPI example or see below

^--------ApplePower-----

----EC0

---^^ your DSDT

You can download USBMAP which checks to see if you have SSDT-UIAC.aml,

EC SSDT, UsbInjectall.kext to create a mapping for your USB which solves a lot of issues.  Previously I did not have these problems until Sierra (didn't know Sierra changed from El Capitan in ACPI)

I read rehab man's instructs and well it worked.

But not all of his works because it is machine specific. He use different machines. Asus is not industry standard and mixes and matches Intel and AMD in their ACPI.  For instance for LPC it is SBRG. Screws everything up.

Cannot change names or else issues arise.  Cannot change names to the ones Rehabman suggests such as change EC0 to EC. doing this will mess up your PC.  So it has to be done by OC or Clover in Patches to Fake the Apple.

It has to be "Faked" or no boot and or all kinds of problems arise if it boots.

Luckily this is Intel MB.  Sandybridge so certain things pass. The one's that don't pass no boot.  

With OC don't have to inject DSDT into ACPI, but if you don't have SSDT's to take care of your lets FNkeys, > tluck, does a great job making an SSDT for his FNkeys.  Have to learn how to do this.  My PC doesn't like Voodoo Controller and Voodoo anything spits it out. Keys left in mismatch, delays system does not compute correctly Will Robinson.

Let me know how MacBook Air profile works out

I did inject my own patched DSDT and don't use SSDT. I made all the modifications there. 

Like I said, I had to apply the EC0 > EC rename to get to the Catalina installer. Everything works fine. I still have some glitches and only one freeze.

It's like the RAM overlaps the allocated VRAM and are conflicts or so. It's weird and annoying.

I used the Macbook Air EDID because the MacBook Pro's appear as retina display on System Profiler. The MBA EDID appears just fine. I also edited that generated EDID to modify the display size (it appeared as 11.6 inches, mine is 14). Other than that, I left the timings and profiles as is, just the display size. I used AW EDID Editor.

I'm injecting the EDID via the generated kext from hackintool in OC/Kexts.

3 hours ago, el_charlie said:

I did inject my own patched DSDT and don't use SSDT. I made all the modifications there. 

Like I said, I had to apply the EC0 > EC rename to get to the Catalina installer. Everything works fine. I still have some glitches and only one freeze.

It's like the RAM overlaps the allocated VRAM and are conflicts or so. It's weird and annoying.

I used the Macbook Air EDID because the MacBook Pro's appear as retina display on System Profiler. The MBA EDID appears just fine. I also edited that generated EDID to modify the display size (it appeared as 11.6 inches, mine is 14). Other than that, I left the timings and profiles as is, just the display size. I used AW EDID Editor.

I'm injecting the EDID via the generated kext from hackintool in OC/Kexts.

Right, I'm using Retina 13.3 MacBook Pro for 15.5" monitor

I just downloaded AW EDID Editor to see if this can fix the size.

Using the MacBook Pro is much better, but leaving the laptop on overnight tends to get hot causing lines to appear randomly so my guess is that this EDID is not quite there yet.

After you changed the size to match, any problems?

59 minutes ago, makk said:

Right, I'm using Retina 13.3 MacBook Pro for 15.5" monitor

I just downloaded AW EDID Editor to see if this can fix the size.

Using the MacBook Pro is much better, but leaving the laptop on overnight tends to get hot causing lines to appear randomly so my guess is that this EDID is not quite there yet.

After you changed the size to match, any problems?

Still some lines here and there. Sometimes on an app. Just closing it and restarting it fixes it.

I don't have much hope.

Can you explain me the display overrides, maybe on a PM to avoid messing the topic?

I switched to 0.5.9 and all the boot icons no longer appear, just default text menu? What’s changed? Boot back to 0.5.8 with the same resources folder, the icons were back with the same config.

thanks,

louis

• Confused 1