OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

It's just cosmetic, with no fix, i was wondering to don't replace the entire RTC code found on the whole of the DSDT, this is why. Thats the mistake, i used the ASCII string instead of the bytes, because of different language. But even if i delete it I have the same thing, for: LPC0 to LPCB and the upcoming patches that will be in the line 4. Why it skips 0, 1, 2, 3, and only point on 4, is it a single code error for the whole, or line sensitive?

You don't need any ACPI patches on X299 with OC.   ( PC00 ->PC10 ; RTC ->RTC0; LPC0->LPCB ; etc.. ) This is not Clover.

The only one I'm using is to avoid random KP found with one specific application ( Cubase 10 ) upon intensive CPU load using my PCIe Audio Card  (  resolved with Xcpm bootstrap patch & Cpuid ). Make your EFI simpler & you'll succeed. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 16.04.06.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@ammoune78 of course it is, 1) you cannot replace something with something else of different length and 2) you replace the ASCII string "Device (RTC)" instead of the bytecode that represents this expression (ACPI is not text)... just don't apply the patch at all actually, what is it supposed to even fix?

I want to remove code from DSDT using patch, so replacement is by definition shorter. This works in Clover, but not with OC. Image in Spoiler shows how I'd like it to work.

As a work-around, I've tried padding with space (20) and other values. but nothing works: padding either fails to boot, or at best, boots with a corrupted DSDT file. Is there a way around this?

Spoiler

680526235_ScreenShot2020-04-13at6_58_13PM.thumb.jpg.c6115bd87f0cec0206740a39bf38c5ca.jpg

Hi all, how do I determine the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci( 0xXX, 0x0 )/XXXX.(0x0xXXXX.0x0)/HD ((1,XXX,,XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX,0xXX,0xXXXXX) path for my arch Linux install so it actually boots? Boot picker shows a drive with “NO NAME” but it doesn’t boot, just freezes. My laptop has 2 x NVMe and 1 x ssd. The ssd is where arch Linux is and I am assuming the no name drive is the Linux install. 

image.jpg

Hi all, how do I determine the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci( 0xXX, 0x0 )/XXXX.(0x0xXXXX.0x0)/HD ((1,XXX,,XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX,0xXX,0xXXXXX) path for my arch Linux install so it actually boots? Boot picker shows a drive with “NO NAME” but it doesn’t boot, just freezes. My laptop has 2 x NVMe and 1 x ssd. The ssd is where arch Linux is and I am assuming the no name drive is the Linux install. 

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

I want to remove code from DSDT using patch, so replacement is by definition shorter. This works in Clover, but not with OC. Image in Spoiler shows how I'd like it to work.

As a work-around, I've tried padding with space (20) and other values. but nothing works: padding either fails to boot, or at best, boots with a corrupted DSDT file. Is there a way around this?

Reveal hidden contents

680526235_ScreenShot2020-04-13at6_58_13PM.thumb.jpg.c6115bd87f0cec0206740a39bf38c5ca.jpg

Junk like unmatched sizes will never be supported, that is your ticket to hell. You need to pad with A3 (no-op, you are in the middle of code...), AML is not ASCII

• Thanks 1

Hi Open Core Project team !

I have a few questions related to patching process in general with Open Core.

1. What about (Clover) config.plist /Devices/Arbitrary ?

One example is that on my Latitude E6530 I have O2 SD card reader

1848968534_nhchpMnhnh2020-04-14lc14_17_38.jpg.37c47c81542fe6ce5bb88557bebb6480.jpg

What about the Kernel and kext patches: AppleIntelCPUPM,Apple RTC... ?

Example (Clover):1993350696_nhchpMnhnh2020-04-14lc14_20_41.jpg.903b24f5b2d41646d74547c7d8677c03.jpg

Thanks for the excellent work that you people are doing.

Hi, latest modifications (14th April, from 20fa82d to e6acc72) seems to have broken (for me) the external boot picker: mac os boot fine but boot picker has a black screen; was working fine without the modifications.

Not sure how I could help tracking the issue.

Edited by ghost8282

14 hours ago, MacNB said:

Read the configuration document - it's is difficult but if YOU do not make the effort to help yourself, then other people cannot help you.

You have not given any indication of type of PC you have. HINT: Fill in FULL details of your h/w in your signature otherwise people cannot help you. 

You have not stated if you had working hack (e.g. booting via Clover) and if working, which macOS version you are using, etc, etc.

1. Read the configuration document on how to select the default boot disk (HINT: AllowSetDefault=true, RequestBootVarRouting=true; System Preferences-> Startup Disk).

Regarding OPT/Alt key, again read the configuration document which states "Note 2: In addition to OPT OpenCore supports Escape key to display picker when ShowPicker is disabled. This key exists for Apple picker mode and for firmwares with PS/2 keyboards that fail to report held OPT key and require continual presses of Escape key to enter the boot menu." (HINT: use ESC key; set KeyForgetThreshold; KeyMergeThreshold; TakeoffDelay;

2. Your bluetooth adapter must support basic functionality in BIOS before OS drivers kick-in and take-over the functions. HINT: install a real Mac BT adapter and real Mac keyboard + Mouse.

3. No idea about your HD desktop icon placement. Some corruption of your macOS. HINT: re-install macOS

@MacNB Once again, thank you very much for your help.

I read the documentation, of course. Not everything is understood, not all issues are understood.

If I didn't read the documentation, this computer wouldn't work.

I think I did it quite well and thoroughly.

1. I have set:
AllowSetDefault = true
RequestBootVarR outing = true

2. From this version of OpenCore 0.5.8 2020-04-14 my mouse works. It has been improved: OpenCanopy: Added AppleEvent mouse support.

1 hour ago, topolino1 said:

@MacNB Once again, thank you very much for your help.

I read the documentation, of course. Not everything is understood, not all issues are understood.

If I didn't read the documentation, this computer wouldn't work.

I think I did it quite well and thoroughly.

1. I have set:
AllowSetDefault = true
RequestBootVarR outing = true

2. From this version of OpenCore 0.5.8 2020-04-14 my mouse works. It has been improved: OpenCanopy: Added AppleEvent mouse support.

Well Done.

Enjoy your hack

• Like 1

New to OC here, I have only 2 issues I'm trying to solve. 

First things first my system:
2018 Razer Blade 15 Advance Mode

i7-8750H

Intel UHD630 Graphics

Nvidia GTX-1060 Graphics

32GB of RAM

2TB Samsung NVMe

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

The first issue I'm having is disabling my Nvidia GPU via SSDT. Using the -wegnoegpu disables the GPU but it also disables my ability use the USB-C port as a display out. The same goes when using the Device Properties Method, disables the GPU but also disables the ability to use the USB-C out as a display. 
Following the guide to patch the SSDT to disable the GPU does not work. I've tried every which way and searched for hours, I cannot figure this out. Maybe there's something I'm missing that someone can point out. The SSDT I patched is attached. 
Back on Clover I could patch the SSDT with the Call Off function for the GPU in it and it would disable my Nvidia card but still allow me to use the USB-C port for display out when needed. That's what I would like to happen again but with OC. 

The location for my GPU is: _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP

Second issue: I also cannot get OC to see my Windows installation or my High Sierra Installation. All I get for boot options is my Catalina installation and recovery options. If I boot off of the flashdrive I made, I then get the option to boot Windows, but still no option to boot High Sierra. 

Note: My High Sierra installation is HFS not APFS. 

Files attached for looking over for something I missed. 

Thanks!

Spoof-SSDT.aml

config.plist

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.39.36 AM.png

Edited by vettz500

8 hours ago, xdnuos said:

What about the Kernel and kext patches: AppleIntelCPUPM,Apple RTC... ?

Example (Clover):1993350696_nhchpMnhnh2020-04-14lc14_20_41.jpg.903b24f5b2d41646d74547c7d8677c03.jpg

Thanks for the excellent work that you people are doing.

You can find them all explained here, that page helped me a lot, hope it can do the same for you.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, carlo_67 said:

@vettz500

what OC version are you talking about? surely you have a driver and boot problem, old.

Why do you use the Microsoft folder? I do not need it

I have all the drivers that were recommended, including the HFS driver. I've been 

The Microsoft folder has been in there since when I first installed Windows. It's always been apart of the EFI, never thought to remove it

@Download-Fritz, simple question, can i use a DSDT with all my patches there instead of too much SSDT's that invoke me to use more and more patches to boot with OC? For me it's a hassle, while DSDT will have all the things that i need for Mac OS to boot, in a single aml file including Plugin-Type.