OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

:hysterical: the OP KP screenshots are just like the rain here, how did you solved that problem BRO, cause i have the same?

No, you do not have the same error.

Your error is you did not set ExecutablePath for a kext that requires it.

Edited by Download-Fritz

hi now i get ocui: failed to load images halting on critical error I got over that error but now I get ten boxes with some other EFI file where is the mac os I mean in my choices of stuff to boot there is no choice for mac os I just dont get it

Edited by markl18

4 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

No, you do not have the same error.

Your error is you did not set ExecutablePath for a kext that requires it.

Hey dude @Download-Fritz, much appreciated reply! It's seems to be something else, because the required paths already exists:

1379483961_ScreenShot2020-04-13at1_35_01AM.thumb.png.8417802b280dba5f9fe4c4daeba06200.png

Hi,

I'm getting black screen after boot (trying to install 10.15.4), i have tried (-v debug=0x100 slide=128 keepsyms=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera alcid=1) and without but still black screen, i'm using Display Port on my RX480 if that make any difference, i will try HDMI yet. I've searched but can't find any solution! Have Whatevergreen and Lilu latest as well. On my clover install 10.13.6 I used only Lilu and VegaGraphicsFixup.kext  (no whatevergreen)so was wondering if this is maybe a solution?

EFI.zip

9 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@ammoune78 idk what AGPMEnable is, but it does not have ExecutablePath set... maybe upload your EFI folder

Sure, without it and TSCAdjustReset clover don't boot, so i guess it would be the same maybe with OP. I sometimes get OP: ACPI patch 4 is borked, and i don't know what does it mean. Here's the actual EFI folder with OP 0.5.7 downloaded from the release section:

EFI.zip

Didn't see it at all, until you mentioned it, thanks. How about the OP: ACPI patch 4 is borked:

OPACPI4.thumb.jpg.c45f151b6f4274910e4540c764299936.jpg

I don't catch for what it point

@ammoune78 of course it is, 1) you cannot replace something with something else of different length and 2) you replace the ASCII string "Device (RTC)" instead of the bytecode that represents this expression (ACPI is not text)... just don't apply the patch at all actually, what is it supposed to even fix?

• Like 1

It's just cosmetic, with no fix, i was wondering to don't replace the entire RTC code found on the whole of the DSDT, this is why. Thats the mistake, i used the ASCII string instead of the bytes, because of different language. But even if i delete it I have the same thing, for: LPC0 to LPCB and the upcoming patches that will be in the line 4. Why it skips 0, 1, 2, 3, and only point on 4, is it a single code error for the whole, or line sensitive?

Can anyone help me with the following error? Today i tried to upgrade to 0.5.7 but i get the following error: (i replaced FWRUNTIME to Openruntime, Replaced the SSDT files, and upgraded the config, but without luck)

GA-Z170m-D3H, i5-6600K, 32GB crucial DDR4 ram, Gigabyte RX 480 Gaming 8 GB, Samsung evo 960 m.2 SSD.

EFI-4.zip

IMG_5437_2_kopie.jpg

Edited by Helipilot2

2 hours ago, Helipilot2 said:

Can anyone help me with the following error? Today i tried to upgrade to 0.5.7 but i get the following error: (i replaced FWRUNTIME to Openruntime, Replaced the SSDT files, and upgraded the config, but without luck)

GA-Z170m-D3H, i5-6600K, 32GB crucial DDR4 ram, Gigabyte RX 480 Gaming 8 GB, Samsung evo 960 m.2 SSD.

EFI-4.zip

IMG_5437_2_kopie.jpg

it is one of. the menues about some static number or something I googled and found out

2 minutes ago, Helipilot2 said:

is there a way to solve this?

yes one of those menues of true and false has to be set to true and then it doesnt pay attention that your file system doesnt add up to some number just google it I dont remeber off top of my head

10 minutes ago, markl18 said:

yes one of those menues of true and false has to be set to true and then it doesnt pay attention that your file system doesnt add up to some number just google it I dont remeber off top of my head

Do you mean CfgLock?

On 4/12/2020 at 2:37 PM, topolino1 said:

Hi,  

Thank you to all the develeoper who work on "OC". You are cool!

I'm using version 0.5.8.

The new graphics option is great.

Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

@vit9696, @Download-Fritz, @Pavo @MacNB I have a question.

Maybe someone else of you knows how to solve the following problems.

Or maybe someone else had these problems?:

1. When I had the Misc: Boot: "Bulitin" version, the system booted up after a few seconds alone.

When I use "External", the system does not start, I have to select it from the keyboard and confirm. In clower, how native nvram worked, chose the last booted system.

Can it be set in OC??

2. In "External" mode, I see the mouse cursor in the upper right corner, but the mouse does not move it. Is the mouse in this mode does not work, or am I doing something wrong?

3. After starting the computer, the Makintosh HD disk icon is always located somewhere else on the desktop. Can you fix it somehow?

Can anyone know what needs to be repaired?

I have GA-Z170X-Gaming_7 with i7 6700.

Thank you for your help.

A

1. It's a feature. When using External boot picker AND you set Show Picker =True, THEN the timeout value has NO FUNCTION. The boot picker will sit there waiting for you to select the drive you wish to boot. That behaves just like a real Mac. What I do is set the Show Picker = FALSE because I do NOT want to see the boot picker EVERYTIME I boot (I see no point in that). It will boot the DEFAULT OS (read the configuration manual to find out how to do that).

I only want to see the boot picker when on a rare occasion when I want to boot a DIFFERENT OS in that case, I hold the OPT/Alt key on the keyboard (Apple magic keyboard) while booting and OC displays the boot picker.

2. I see a mouse cursor too. I have an Apple bluetooth mouse and moving it does nothing UNTIL I click the mouse. Try it - Your Mileage May Vary.

3. Don't understand. If you are saying that the HD icon positioning on the desktop screen is random AFTER macOS is booted, then there may be a bug with the OS ?? But nothing to do with OC. Check your Finder Preferences setting.

Edited by MacNB

@vit9696 i used latest commit of OpenCorePkg and AppleSupportPkg,, i have set "MinDate" and "MinVersion" of APFS section to "-1" but still my Mojave Entry is not shown. OpenCore only shows Windows, MX Linux, and my Catalina Entry,, Mojave entry is dissapeared

Any clue???

image.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

7 hours ago, MacNB said:

1. It's a feature. When using External boot picker AND you set Show Picker =True, THEN the timeout value has NO FUNCTION. The boot picker will sit there waiting for you to select the drive you wish to boot. That behaves just like a real Mac. What I do is set the Show Picker = FALSE because I do NOT want to see the boot picker EVERYTIME I boot (I see no point in that). It will boot the DEFAULT OS (read the configuration manual to find out how to do that).

I only want to see the boot picker when on a rare occasion when I want to boot a DIFFERENT OS in that case, I hold the OPT/Alt key on the keyboard (Apple magic keyboard) while booting and OC displays the boot picker.

2. I see a mouse cursor too. I have an Apple bluetooth mouse and moving it does nothing UNTIL I click the mouse. Try it - Your Mileage May Vary.

3. Don't understand. If you are saying that the HD icon positioning on the desktop screen is random AFTER macOS is booted, then there may be a bug with the OS ?? But nothing to do with OC. Check your Finder Preferences setting.

@MacNB Thank you very much for your help.

Yes I know about it:
"It's a feature. When using External boot picker AND you set Show Picker =True, THEN the timeout value has NO FUNCTION. The boot picker will sit there waiting for you to select the drive you wish to boot. That behaves just like a real Mac. What I do is set the Show Picker = FALSE because I do NOT want to see the boot picker EVERYTIME I boot (I see no point in that). It will boot the DEFAULT OS (read the configuration manual to find out how to do that). I only want to see the boot picker when on a rare occasion when I want to boot a DIFFERENT OS in that case, I hold the OPT/Alt key on the keyboard (Apple magic keyboard) while booting and OC displays the boot picker."

1. Show Picker = no, default starts Windows. When HDD WINDOWS is disconnected, OS X starts by default. How to make OS X always run? How are other satem discs attached.
When I have Show Picker = no, not always using ALT / OPT, I can enter the selection of OS X and Windows system disks. How to fix it? Alt / Opt does not work well.
I tried with the OpenUsbKbDxe.efi driver. Nothing helped.

2. The mouse is a pc mouse bluetooth, but it doesn't work.

3.The "Macintosh HD" icon changes its position each time it starts.
Once at the bottom of the desktop, once at the top? Strange.
In Finder, I have “Stack By:None , Sort By:None” 
This setting in the original macbook, causes that the icon "Makintosh HD" if I leave it in the upper left corner, after restart it is still there.
The icon changes positions on this computer.

Edited by topolino1

17 hours ago, ekwipt said:

Hi,

I'm getting black screen after boot (trying to install 10.15.4), i have tried (-v debug=0x100 slide=128 keepsyms=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera alcid=1) and without but still black screen, i'm using Display Port on my RX480 if that make any difference, i will try HDMI yet. I've searched but can't find any solution! Have Whatevergreen and Lilu latest as well. On my clover install 10.13.6 I used only Lilu and VegaGraphicsFixup.kext  (no whatevergreen)so was wondering if this is maybe a solution?

EFI.zip

bump on this 

3 hours ago, topolino1 said:

@MacNB Thank you very much for your help.

Yes I know about it:
"It's a feature. When using External boot picker AND you set Show Picker =True, THEN the timeout value has NO FUNCTION. The boot picker will sit there waiting for you to select the drive you wish to boot. That behaves just like a real Mac. What I do is set the Show Picker = FALSE because I do NOT want to see the boot picker EVERYTIME I boot (I see no point in that). It will boot the DEFAULT OS (read the configuration manual to find out how to do that). I only want to see the boot picker when on a rare occasion when I want to boot a DIFFERENT OS in that case, I hold the OPT/Alt key on the keyboard (Apple magic keyboard) while booting and OC displays the boot picker."

1. Show Picker = no, default starts Windows. When HDD WINDOWS is disconnected, OS X starts by default. How to make OS X always run? How are other satem discs attached.
When I have Show Picker = no, not always using ALT / OPT, I can enter the selection of OS X and Windows system disks. How to fix it? Alt / Opt does not work well.
I tried with the OpenUsbKbDxe.efi driver. Nothing helped.

2. The mouse is a pc mouse bluetooth, but it doesn't work.

3.The "Macintosh HD" icon changes its position each time it starts.
Once at the bottom of the desktop, once at the top? Strange.
In Finder, I have “Stack By:None , Sort By:None” 
This setting in the original macbook, causes that the icon "Makintosh HD" if I leave it in the upper left corner, after restart it is still there.
The icon changes positions on this computer.

Read the configuration document - it's is difficult but if YOU do not make the effort to help yourself, then other people cannot help you.

You have not given any indication of type of PC you have. HINT: Fill in FULL details of your h/w in your signature otherwise people cannot help you. 

You have not stated if you had working hack (e.g. booting via Clover) and if working, which macOS version you are using, etc, etc.

1. Read the configuration document on how to select the default boot disk (HINT: AllowSetDefault=true, RequestBootVarRouting=true; System Preferences-> Startup Disk).

Regarding OPT/Alt key, again read the configuration document which states "Note 2: In addition to OPT OpenCore supports Escape key to display picker when ShowPicker is disabled. This key exists for Apple picker mode and for firmwares with PS/2 keyboards that fail to report held OPT key and require continual presses of Escape key to enter the boot menu." (HINT: use ESC key; set KeyForgetThreshold; KeyMergeThreshold; TakeoffDelay;

2. Your bluetooth adapter must support basic functionality in BIOS before OS drivers kick-in and take-over the functions. HINT: install a real Mac BT adapter and real Mac keyboard + Mouse.

3. No idea about your HD desktop icon placement. Some corruption of your macOS. HINT: re-install macOS