OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,882 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@texem

Usually MP7,1 SMBIOS works better with iGPU disabled in BIOS since this model doesn't have iGPU. When iGPU disabled, of course removing DeviceProperties of Intel 630 in config.plist.

But if this settings are okay for you, go ahead.

MP7,1 can work with or without WhateverGreen, have you tried both?

WEG is not in use here and doesn't fix the issue ( tried with and w/o ).

Anyways, the UHD is not shown in system info as gfx card but only on PCI

9 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@Matgen84 try this sintax

chris1111/Flavours-RoundSquare

@chris1111 same issue: only builtin picker showing up. It's a first time for this problem.  Actually, I'm using OC Nightly 1.0.3 commit d4ddd29 to boot macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 on my old Ivybridge.

@Matgen84

Good morning, this has to have an explanation that shouldn't be difficult to find.
You have to review:

• PickerVariant that @chris1111 has already told you, check that the path written in config.plist is the same as the theme folder
  • OpenCanopy.efi has to be from the same package (version) as OpenCore.efi, make sure that both files are from the same OpenCore package
  • set PickerVariant=Default if you have OC/Resources/Acidanthera/GoldenGate, give it a try
  • check that the Flavours-RoundSquare folder theme has all the required icons with their right names.
  • Like 3

Question about MCHC. If I rename device MC(present in my mobo) to MCHC, ioreg shows it right after IMEI, LPCB.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-10-22at12_51_07PM.thumb.png.89240b0474b637da83e47165fc25c912.png

In real MacPro7,1(my smbios),there is no MCHC in ACPI/ioreg but there is DMI0, the same pciclass as MC and MCHC, checked with real MacPro7,1 dump. Now if I rename MC to DMI0, ioreg shows it right before HDEF device so this rename seems to matter. Any thoughts if it’s proper approach?

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-10-22at3_08_08PM.thumb.png.743f037d4f3a1e7210d75bbedf2aeef3.png

Edited by hardcorehenry

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Matgen84

Good morning, this has to have an explanation that shouldn't be difficult to find.
You have to review:

• PickerVariant that @chris1111 has already told you, check that the path written in config.plist is the same as the theme folder
  • OpenCanopy.efi has to be from the same package (version) as OpenCore.efi, make sure that both files are from the same OpenCore package
  • set PickerVariant=Default if you have OC/Resources/Acidanthera/GoldenGate, give it a try
  • check that the Flavours-RoundSquare folder theme has all the required icons with their right names.

@miliuco
Good afternoon. I already review twice and more 3 steps.  I try to set PickerVariant=Default. 

SOLVED: The error occurred when I made a mistake with OCLP that overwritten the EFI folder. Fortunately, I had a backup. Thanks my friend.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3