OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,882 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Hello to all.

OpenCore 1.0.2 (not released yet) has this text in Configuration.pdf:

Question: Does this mean we have to enable this quirk when we set SecureBootModel to Disabled on newer macOS? How do you understand it?

I use this quirk only with the new duet loader for legacy, given by "LegacyBoot" utility.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hey @cankiulascmnfye! With latest OC I have in OCAT: "OCS: missing key Unload, context <UEFI>!

Hi @Stefanalmare Add <key>Unload</key> to the end of config.plist with <array/> (see sample config.plist)

Most important things: have a look to changelog file before update Opencore. Same for sample.plist and config doc. Plist editor, BBEddit or Sublime Text are good tools.

Edited by Matgen84
complement
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hey @cankiulascmnfye! With latest OC I have in OCAT: "OCS: missing key Unload, context <UEFI>!

That's one of the problems with bespoke configurators. The Devs of those tools need to keep up OC changes.

I personally use PlistEditPro .plist editor ...so easy to use....of course you need to know what you are editing.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Yes, OCAT needs Updating to include that line.

I don't know if the developer is continuing to Update the app.

I put in a bug report on his GitHub page hoping he correct the omission.

As it stands, even after physically adding the line to the config.plist, it is removed by OCAT whenever you update Opencore.

It will then throw up the error as the line is not included in the UEFI section of the app.

This is because it does not correspond with the Sample Config.plist in its Data Base which includes the line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

As it stands, even after physically adding the line to the config.plist, it is removed by OCAT whenever you update Opencore.

It will then throw up the error as the line is not included in the UEFI section of the app.

This is because it does not correspond with the Sample Config.plist in its Data Base which includes the line.

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

That's one of the problems with bespoke configurators. The Devs of those tools need to keep up OC changes.

I personally use PlistEditPro .plist editor ...so easy to use....of course you need to know what you are editing.

18 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

AFAIK, OCAT can add strings to the GUI on it's own (which no other configurator tool can do), but since "Unload" is an Array, my guess is that the app needs to be updated (which hasn't been necessary in a long time). In the past, the turnaround forfor fixing reported issues was pretty fast, though.

For now, just open the sample.plist in propertree, copy the array and paste it in your config.plist.

I had to look up what "Unload" is actually for:

Bildschirmfoto2024-10-08um16_56_40.png.6d3c355da1c3b638202f2ff8ff48a4dc.png

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Stefanalmare Add <key>Unload</key> to the end of config.plist with <array/> (see sample config.plist)

Most important things: have a look to changelog file before update Opencore. Same for sample.plist and config doc. Plist editor, BBEddit or Sublime Text are good tools.

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

I'm using PlistEdit Pro.app, ProperTree.app, OpenCore Configurator.app and OCAT daily and from many years.  For me, OCAT is the best tool for OC. All I wanted with my message to @cankiulascmnfye was to give him a feedback about this situation. I have fixed this with PlistEdit Pro.app at the moment. Thank you all for your help!

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

For me, OCAT is the best tool for OC

100% agree, I also use PlistEdit Pro as a cross reference.

For me OCAT is the dog's dangly bits as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Of course there will be an error, if the "Unload" entry is deleted from the config upon saving it!

Maybe it's translation difficulties - but if there is "Unload" in PlistEdit Pro, then should it be in OCAT?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9da5dbee28c4f9e535400f1ae32e602b.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eSaF said:

Tested and all is well again.

Thanks for your effort in getting the amendment done. :thumbsup_anim:

thanks for the link and the issue opened

i think it is a working progress because for now it is not possible to add unload parameter in OCAT

However error is gone :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

thanks for the link and the issue opened

i think it is a working progress because for now it is not possible to add unload parameter in OCAT

However error is gone :)

Noticed this as well. If you have a look at the logs of the compilation process on the "action" tab on github, you can see a bunch of errors due to outdated tools.

So, for now: the unload option is added when pressing save, but the Array is not added to the GUI.

I think the main issue is that the UEFI section now need a LIST in the GUI to represent entries, just like in the "Add" section of "Kernel" and "ACPI". So this can only be a temporary fix until the GUI is overhauled.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I'm confused. How do I update OCAT using this?

You need to use the link provided by @cankiulascmnfye and download the revised app.

This will prompt you to replace the one you have installed. That's it.

• Like 1

Please tell me I am not finally going crazy.

Yesterday I did the OCAT to remove the error missing 'Unload' error and sure enough the line appeared in the EFI/Menu Bar.

Today I updated OC and kexts to latest versions with OCAT successfully, no errors showing but the 'Unload' entry is not showing and the OCAT version is 20240002 oppose to 20240003. Deleting the app and deleting the OCAT Folder in my Home Folder, Re-downloading and installation produces no change in the version. What is going on? I have no other version on the machine. Someone please save my sanity. :wallbash:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-10-10at11_40_56.thumb.png.3cb4537175e182bf69c217b01fb9ccd6.png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Please tell me I am not finally going crazy.

Yesterday I did the OCAT to remove the error missing 'Unload' error and sure enough the line appeared in the EFI/Menu Bar.

Today I updated OC and kexts to latest versions with OCAT successfully, no errors showing but the 'Unload' entry is not showing and the OCAT version is 20240002 oppose to 20240003. Deleting the app and deleting the OCAT Folder in my Home Folder, Re-downloading and installation produces no change in the version. What is going on? I have no other version on the machine. Someone please save my sanity. :wallbash:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2024-10-10at11_40_56.thumb.png.3cb4537175e182bf69c217b01fb9ccd6.png

Hi @eSaF I download OCAT latest commit 03008bf: version 20240003 and Unload are here !

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @eSaF I download OCAT latest commit 03008bf: version 20240003 and Unload are here !

The link posted by @cankiulascmnfye is what I used yesterday and used today that is giving mr the wrong version.

I will try to find the one you reference. Have you the link to version 20240003? Thanks.