OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

if the loading of the defined drivers (Load) is Enabled (Enabled) or not (Disabled)

2141019561_Screenshot2022-06-29alle04_25_18.png.824fb2727d47a6f51a4e4b8627b4fa70.png

@antuneddu Thanks. I wonder why OC developers doesn't no more use Enabled Yes/No for drivers section like in Kexts section.

Guest 5T33Z0

These side branches are only used for testing.

Don't update to them. You never know if it gets integrated into the master branch.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Well I Finally Have A Good OC EFI But One Nagging Problem

Freezes And Then Reboots In Ventura

Anybody Shed Some Light On This Issue

Thanks

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Sad 1

Also have working Clover :(, but freeze/reset still there :(

Me Thinks The Gremlins At Work

{censored}, Why Is There No Search Any More?

Edited by STLVNUB

55 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Olarila files in your EFI = no support from me.

Only SSD but Thanks anyway 

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@STLVNUB Which CPU are you using? i31004f doesnt exist…

its i310 something <I forgot the number and won't be pulling my machine apart to find out

It is the f version no onboard video

3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i3

Edit: i310105f

I've got an idea it may have something to do with hpet not setup properly

Edited by STLVNUB

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@STLVNUB I though your EFI keeps freezing? So what now: is it working or not. Don't waste my time here!

not wasting your time. I put them there because OTHER PEOPLE  may use them

They could have better luck

Guest 5T33Z0
33 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

not wasting your time. I put them there because OTHER PEOPLE  may use them

They could have better luck

Here. For somebody who is as active as you are, I expected bettter work!

There was so much garbage in there, I believe this EFI wasn't even created by you!  How I know? The config contained DeviceProperties for a Xeon E… Since you have an Intel Core i3 The only explanation is, that you took it from somewhere and expect it to work or someone else to fix it. You need to add your OpenIntel kexts back in...they are too big.

EFI-OC NO Garbage.zip

6 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Edit: i310105f

Efi folder Comet Lake with Mobo serie 500 u can use it and remove FakeCpuId. U need one GPU with support. 

-Desktop RocketLake Download HERE

Guys, avoid non-sense discussions here. Fight or love each other in PM. ;) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Sorry if this has already been asked... Has anyone encountered sleep problems in Monterey 12.4 with systems booting/running from SATA SSDs?  When my rig attempts to sleep, it freezes with black screens but system is still on. Only way to recover is force shutdown with power button.   Details below...  Thank you.

I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini 65W (Q370, i5-8600, UHD630, 32GB DDR4) as documented here.  I usually boot and run from an NVMe SSD, but to test the problem identified here by @sfritz, I have configured a rig with only a SATA SSD (no NVMe SSDs) and I installed Monterey 12.4.  The install of Monterey appeared to finish without issues, but my rig does not sleep.  I have tried the following to no avail.  If I had to guess, I would say that the AppleAHCIPort.kext in Monterey has issues with my AHCI controller, but I'm not sure how to overcome the problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Things I tried (separately and all together):

• Enable Kernel > Quirks > ThirdPartyDrives
  • Inject CtlnaAHCIPort.kext with and without Blocking com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort) (with SIP enabled and with SIP disabled)
  • Disable M.2 ports in BIOS (even though they are empty without any NVMe SSDs)

Sleep/Wake works fine in Big Sur 11.6.7 and previous macOS versions and Sleep/Wake works fine when booting/running Monterey 12.4 installed on NVMe SSD.  As far as I can tell, the Sleep/Wake problem only occurs when booting/running Monterey 12.4 from SATA SSD.

My complete system specs are as follows:

• Chipset: Q370
  • CPU: i5-8600 / UHD630 CoffeeLake
  • SATA SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB
  • Memory: 32GB DDR4
  • OC 0.8.1 / Monterey 12.4
Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1