OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,824 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Before looking at the complicated, look at the simple possibilities. If you're using one EFI Folder to boot all and audio works on BS and Catalina then look at the Audio settings in Monterey, no reason it works on the other two and not Monterey. Shouldn't make a whole lot of difference but insure AppleALC.kext and AudioDxe.efi are the latest versions. If using different EFI Folders to boot each OS X versions, compare config.plist against the one without audio. Good luck.

Using the one Clover efi folder, all try latest versions, thanks for your input

On 3/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, SavageAUS said:

I had this happening to me. Setting a custom wallpaper gets rid of the effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From another forum...

Adding the following device properties to your NAVI GPU should solve the issue. ( same frame buffer for XT & non XT )

To be tested with caution! 

Radeon 6900 -> ATY , Carswell

Radeon 6800 -> ATY , Belknap

Radeon 6600 -> ATY , Henbury

Radeon 5700 -> ATY , Adder

Radeon 5500 -> ATY , Python

If none of the above framebuffer are working, You can also try -> ATY, Deepbay

Best of luck !

1902051743_ScreenShot2022-03-18at10_47_17.thumb.png.569211d1111bcb082042a724a090a565.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Using the one Clover efi folder, all try latest versions, thanks for your input

Now lost audio in Catalina,WTF

Edit: lost audio in all three, WTF

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Now lost audio in Catalina,WTF

Edit: lost audio in all three, WTF

Have you a previous EFI Folder where audio was working? If you have try using it testing each OS X version separately to eliminate the one that is not. Don't forget to clean NvRAM during the test.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Have you a previous EFI Folder where audio was working? If you have try using it testing each OS X version separately to eliminate the one that is not. Don't forget to clean NvRAM during the test.

Same deal with my backup usb, have some weird {censored} going on.

Swapping between different OS I need to redo iCloud login

Have to logon to IM too.

2 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Swapping between different OS I need to redo iCloud login

That is indeed strange, if your backup USB has the same data values i.e SmBIOS, ROM, MLB, etc as your current that shouldn't happen. Wish I could be more of a help but I left Clover behind sometime ago so I am a bit rusty as to giving constructive help apart from the obvious.

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

That is indeed strange, if your backup USB has the same data values i.e SmBIOS, ROM, MLB, etc as your current that shouldn't happen. Wish I could be more of a help but I left Clover behind sometime ago so I am a bit rusty as to giving constructive help apart from the obvious.

Will give OC a go. thanks

Care to share your OC efi folder?

Edited by STLVNUB

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Care to share your OC efi folder?

Don't know if my OC Folder would be any use to you as your signature board is from a different manufacturer and platform, send a message to @MaLd0n he's your man for all kinds of prefab OC and Clover EFI Folders.

PS - Have you looked into the BIOS to see if the onboard audio hasn't for some quirky reason was disabled somehow?

PPS - Try this EFI Folder here - https://github.com/derbalkon/B360M-CoffeeLake-Hackintosh - There are a few working OC examples as well with the same platform as yours.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

@Ellybz

I've read in the other forum that 6600 goes on Deepbay framebuffer instead of Henbury, I can't find the reference to Henbury.

EDIT: just read Radeon 6600 (Edit: This was changed from Deepbay to Henbury) so your info was right.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

@Ellybz @antuneddu

Although I don't have graphics issues in 12.3, I've tried the patch in config.plist, Henbury framebuffer since it's RX 6600 XT.

With this patch the GPU temperature drops approx. 15º from 50 to 35.
For some reason that I don't know, Henbury framebuffer deactivates Zero RPM and the GPU fans spin all the time unlike the default situation in which they only spin at 60º or more. Now I hear the fans continuously although at very low volume.
On Windows the RX 6600 XT also has Zero RPM so this seems to be the option by design.

Do you have noticed if Zero RPM is deactivated when using this patch?

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Ellybz @antuneddu

Although I don't have graphics issues in 12.3, I've tried the patch in config.plist, Henbury framebuffer since it's RX 6600 XT.

With this patch the GPU temperature drops approx. 15º from 50 to 35.
For some reason that I don't know, Henbury framebuffer deactivates Zero RPM and the GPU fans spin all the time unlike the default situation in which they only spin at 60º or more. Now I hear the fans continuously although at very low volume.
On Windows the RX 6600 XT also has Zero RPM so this seems to be the option by design.

Do you have noticed if Zero RPM is deactivated when using this patch?

No issues for me on RX580.  I was just reporting some infos  I crossed for radeon 5000/6000 series.

• Like 1

Hi, I apologize in case of wrong question, but i don't know in which section  ask.
Do OPencore could booted from network via Ipxe to performa installation via network instead of USB stick? 

Many Thanks 

@Aigors There is a way to recover real macs via network boot, but I've never seen anyone document a "from scratch" installation of macOS on a hackintosh via network.  IMO, best to create a USB stick installer with an OC boot loader. Ciao.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

From another forum...
Adding the following device properties to your NAVI GPU should solve the issue. ( same frame buffer for XT & non XT )

To be tested with caution! 

Radeon 6900 -> ATY , Carswell
Radeon 6800 -> ATY , Belknap
Radeon 6600 -> ATY , Henbury
Radeon 5700 -> ATY , Adder
Radeon 5500 -> ATY , Python

If none of the above framebuffer are working, You can also try -> ATY, Deepbay
Best of luck !

1902051743_ScreenShot2022-03-18at10_47_17.thumb.png.569211d1111bcb082042a724a090a565.png

I’ll give this a try when I’m set back up. Waiting on a new desk and AIO CPU cooler.
Maybe with these properties I’ll be able to use hdmi instead of display port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/23/2022 at 12:54 AM, deeveedee said:

@Aigors There is a way to recover real macs via network boot, but I've never seen anyone document a "from scratch" installation of macOS on a hackintosh via network.  IMO, best to create a USB stick installer with an OC boot loader. Ciao.

Hi, thanks for answer, you suggest to dig in "Howto boot real mac from network" ? 
I remember my old research, but, as you wrote, there isn't any clear doc about it 
Thanks 

14 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Hi guys i have a laptop 10th gen i3 

Please tell me which smbois suitable for laptop 10th gen i3  to working monterey 12.3 

10th gen would be Ice Lake which also happens to be the final generation of Intel x86 processors seen in Apple's MacBook lineup before they transitioned to M-series SoCs. Most appropriate choice would be SMBIOS: MacBookAir9,1 since its base model too had an i3 based off Ice Lake.

• Like 2

According to FeatureUnlock.kext ReadMe, FeatureUnlock.kext unlocks "AirPlay to Mac" for Macmini6,x - Macmini8,1.  For those using FeatureUnlock.kext with their MacMini8,1, it appears that "AirPlay to Mac" unlocking is just being added with this commit (meaning that it will be available for MacMini8,1 beginning with FeatureUnlock.kext v1.0.8).  Is that the way you interpret this?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@deeveedee 

As far as I'm aware, this is what actually happened in relation to the Mac mini situation: 

According to Apple's official support page, macOS Monterey's AirPlay to Mac feature is available on Mac mini 2020 and later however it turns out that the feature was actually present and enabled on 2018 Mac minis as well up until macOS 12.2.1. Weirdly, all T2 equipped Macs from 2018 and later are included except the T2 equipped Mac mini from 2018; most likely a deliberate marketing decision or a genuine overlook from Apple's part. In any case the feature was later removed from the 2018 Mac mini starting from macOS 12.3 now aligning with Apple's support claims however these events has obviously led to frustrated Mac mini users, hence the support for Macmini8,1 was added to FeatureUnlock upon request. 

Sources: 
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airplay-from-iphone-to-mac-mini-2018.2324107/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/tj97xz/airplay_receiver_is_gone_from_mac_mini_2018_after/

Edited by aben
  • Thanks 2

Guest 5T33Z0

I've noticed when booting Windows through OpenCore and "ResetLogoStatus" is enabled, I see the Logo that comes with my mainboard during the Windows boot phase, but it's misalligned:

20220330_191321_HDR.thumb.jpg.d64891933f26ac19e4652d0a132a3116.jpg

Usually, it's centered. If I disable "ResetLogoStatus", there's no logo at all, which I don't mind. I am just wondering if there's a way to fix the allignment.