OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,826 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@miliuco, @eSaF - thanks for the quick reply.  I was booting from the wrong EFI.  All good now.

No worries, sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees :D by the way I just updated to the Nightly version (0.8.0).

Spoiler

702804652_Screenshot2022-03-08at7_34_59pm.png.dc9af5c315e6e60962aae8b6e7a405d1.png

and that is ok as far as I can see.

• Like 4

@Joshua60 I don't have experience with your Z490 board, so I can only repeat what's in the Dortania reference you mentioned.

• "Booter > Quirks > SetupVirtualMap = True" may cause the kernel panic (Dortania: However, certain firmwares(mainly 2020+) do not work with this quirk and so may actually cause this kernel panic). Try changing this to False.

Text from Dortania guide

Spoiler

796192645_ScreenShot2022-03-10at6_50_59PM.png.6e0c042e0f70ebb3c19899f3dd713db9.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, antuneddu said:

The Uefi/Drivers section is not correct, some keys are missing as in the example on the right
If you use ProperTree check that it is up to date or try to use   https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md     it will automatically correct the plist

522790838_Schermata2022-03-10alle21_46_46.thumb.png.78ba8e3b296774492212c6c9bda57c5d.png

Thank you @antuneddu. Till 0.7.8 OC was working flawlessly, I am using the last ProperTree (Tcl 8.5, Tk 8.5.9). But anyway I will give a try a.s.a.p.

Not wanting to upset the apple cart, so Mods if not in the appropriate Thread please remove. I have noticed a strange sporadic happening on my rig that has me baffled, I have both Monterey and Windows on separate M.2 Drives with the OS X drive installed in the first slot on the motherboard and Windows in the second. In the BIOS Drive Boot order Settings I have OS X as the first Drive also yet on random occasions the Windows Disk appears as the first Disk although the boot up will be from OC (See attached). I never noticed this happening when I was running with Clover, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a setting that can prevent this from happening. It is not causing a problem, just annoying when I see it.

Spoiler

1661327261_Screenshot2022-03-11at11_14_38am.thumb.png.79d03819b6b07a637446f09a7f407dfb.png2062636850_Screenshot2022-03-11at2_14_49pm.thumb.png.d661c14024d89b29fc96dbe987c44b22.png

Edited by eSaF

@eSaF I have two NVMe SSDs in my rig, with macOS on both (one SSD is where I test major upgrades and one is my production volume).  I've noticed that my NVMe disk numbers in macOS change order (they switch places between disk0 and disk1).  Since I have my EFI loaded on only one of the SSDs, it doesn't matter to me.  I've always assumed that this disk order change was because the BIOS dynamically detects the NVMe drives at boot time.  Just offering this in case it helps you track down your issue.

• Thanks 1

I upgraded to Open core 0.7.8 from 0.7.4 and now I can't run Parallels Boot camp anymore. Was running fine for 4 years, then boom. Any advice on how to fix it?

Setup:

• OSX and Windows on separate NVME drives
  • Each OS has it's own EFI partition so I can direct boot to Windows if I need to.
  • Parallels can see the drive perfectly fine but goes to its blue shell screen
  • I can't even create a Boot Camp partition from OSX anymore. The process starts but when it goes to install it can't find the portion for some reason
  • When I trun to run Parallels, I get: Boot Skipped EFI Hard Drive

I think that last point is really the issue, the system cannot map and access the drive after reboot.

Edited by Modmike
Additional info

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Not wanting to upset the apple cart, so Mods if not in the appropriate Thread please remove. I have noticed a strange sporadic happening on my rig that has me baffled, I have both Monterey and Windows on separate M.2 Drives with the OS X drive installed in the first slot on the motherboard and Windows in the second. In the BIOS Drive Boot order Settings I have OS X as the first Drive also yet on random occasions the Windows Disk appears as the first Disk although the boot up will be from OC (See attached). I never noticed this happening when I was running with Clover, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a setting that can prevent this from happening. It is not causing a problem, just annoying when I see it.

Hide contents

1661327261_Screenshot2022-03-11at11_14_38am.thumb.png.79d03819b6b07a637446f09a7f407dfb.png2062636850_Screenshot2022-03-11at2_14_49pm.thumb.png.d661c14024d89b29fc96dbe987c44b22.png

What configurator is that?

@eSaF @deeveedee

I have same configuration as Esaf and also same behaviour, sometimes diskutil and even disk utility display windows disk first.

EDIT: sometimes word missing.

@odemolay

Do you see the same artifact changing wallpaper or only with this? It happens only in the beta?

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 2

hello everyone since beta 12.3 (21E5222a) i have something on my wallpaper as you can see on the picture, do you have any idea? it's the same with OC 078 and OC 079

captur54.png

I had this happening to me. Setting a custom wallpaper gets rid of the effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Developers - it's been a while since I thanked you for your work on OC.  OC 0.7.9 is my favorite version yet.  It's been rock solid with my rig.  Every once in a while (rare, but it happened), I used to boot my rig with OC (Big Sur) and I wouldn't see the BIOS boot screen, the OC boot menu or the Apple logo (it would boot with a blank screen until the progress bar showed).  I'm not sure which OC version fixed this for me (it was recent), but this minor problem no longer happens with OC 0.7.9.  I have zero issues on my hack thanks to your hard work.  Very well done.  Your hard work is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, STLVNUB said:

Well, this is weird, have lost audio in Monterey

Works in Big Sur and Catalina 

Before looking at the complicated, look at the simple possibilities. If you're using one EFI Folder to boot all and audio works on BS and Catalina then look at the Audio settings in Monterey, no reason it works on the other two and not Monterey. Shouldn't make a whole lot of difference but insure AppleALC.kext and AudioDxe.efi are the latest versions. If using different EFI Folders to boot each OS X versions, compare config.plist against the one without audio. Good luck.

• Like 1