OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,826 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Since the last nightly build I can only move the cursor in the between 2 entries with the Keyboard, in the Bootpicker. I have 4 entries, though. And wherever I move the cursor this limits the cursor between these 2 entries. Really weird.

Have the same issue, try with arrows. After each “left” or “right” I had to press space. Weird, but for sure it’ll be corrected.

EDIT: Also set the default boot option(CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Index) stopped working.

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Since the last nightly build I can only move the cursor in the between 2 entries with the Keyboard, in the Bootpicker. I have 4 entries, though. And wherever I move the cursor this limits the cursor between these 2 entries. Really weird.

Oh man!!! I thought I was the only one experiencing that problem, exactly the same problem as you described. I reverted to the version before and had no problem.

Update - Found out that with the latest Nightly OC build, you need to hit the Space Bar alternately to make selections or to move across more than two places at the Boot Menu, whether this is a new behaviour than before, I guess only the OC Devs have the answer.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I'm going to build nightly OC. Can you tell me which commit you are talking about ! Please.

6 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Correct, I am using the latest released Nightly Version and it is doing the same thing as the one before, to navigate further you need to tap the Space Bar as I said previously.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Correct, I am using the latest released Nightly Version and it is doing the same thing as the one before, to navigate further you need to tap the Space Bar as I said previously.

Thanks. I don't try this nightly. I use opencanopy instead of the text menu: so I don't know if the behavior is affected too.
Is a bug report possible through GitHub/BugTracker?

• Like 1

Issue opened, it will get read and fixed faster:

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1965

13 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

After the last build I have problem to insert 4th key to password. I have FileVault enable and OC full security. I need to type many times until I can get my password.

Stefanalmare, maybe related to opencanopy issue, it seems keyboard/mouse are missing some keys.

I would wait for that opened issue to get fixed and check if it fixes also yours.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. I don't try this nightly. I use opencanopy instead of the text menu: so I don't know if the behavior is affected too.
Is a bug report possible through GitHub/BugTracker?

I would suggest leaving a comment under the commit where things broke. This way, the dev who made the changes to the commit will be notified of the issue and act upon accordingly. This is what I usually do when testing Nightlies and so far the devs have been pretty quick with rectifying the issue. 

• Like 2

I had no idea that there was this much testing activity on the nightly OC builds.  Thank you to all those who test regularly so that our monthly OC releases are stable and reliable!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

After the last build I have problem to insert 4th key to password. I have FileVault enable and OC full security. I need to type many times until I can get my password.

I just installed c91eebf. My problem is fixed. Don't know if because this build or ones before.

Edited by Stefanalmare

32 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

FYI with ASPP-Override.kext enabled can't update to latest Monterey Beta. Need to disable and all OK.

What is ASPP-Override.kext? I can't find info about it. Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

FYI with ASPP-Override.kext enabled can't update to latest Monterey Beta. Need to disable and all OK.

If this kext solves your power management issues and prevents from updating, why not disable it before update and re-enable after? I have completely different hardware, so actually I shouldn’t give you any advice.;)

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

If this kext solves your power management issues and prevents from updating, why not disable it before update and re-enable after? I have completely different hardware, so actually I shouldn’t give you any advice.;)

It is what I did. But at first I didn't know. That's why I posted to eventually help other people in the same situation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pananning said:

When I load NvMeFix.kext, the computer will probably get stuck. What should I do?

With you ignoring basic IM Rules of providing the specs of your machine in your profile, it is very difficult to answer your query. Sorry.

• Like 3

Hey guys, how do I boot into safe mode with OpenCore? I tried changing my refresh rate and got black screen. I have enablesafemodeslide true, pollapplehotkeys true and takeoffdelay at 5000 but using ctrl + x at the picker doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Sad 1