OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,824 posts in this topic

Guest 5T33Z0
14 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/192

You could try messing with the APFSTrimTimeout to see if it shortens or lengthens boot time.

Thanks. Great Article. I tried these settings but It didn't affect the boot time. But I saw a notification about an "Incompatible Disk" that popped up once Mojave was booted. But I don't know which disk it is. Probably the NVME Drive which contains Big Sur.

8 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Can I have commas in Kext names? For Example USBPorts_19,1.kext or USBPorts_iMac20,2.kext or will this cause issues?

From my point of view, I don't think he has any problems. Just avoid the comma in the name, maybe. The best is to make an SSDT, which can be valid on both SMBIOS.

Guest 5T33Z0

@Matgen84 I just opened my existing USBPorts  Kext in Hackintool and exported it again which also created a SSDT-UIAC.aml which is working fine so far. EDIT: now Front USB3 Connectors don't work any more. No I remember why I was using the USBPort.kext again…

Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

If I am emulating a CoffeLake CPU, do I have to change the AAPL,ig-platform-id and and device ID of the framebuffer patch, too so it matches the CPU I am emulating? I think the Framebuffer-Patch (Headless) might be the reason, why the system stalls when I am trying too boot into Mojave.

Guest 5T33Z0

Changing the AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id to what is recommended for Coffeellake did the trick - no more stalling.

Edited by 5T33Z0

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows how to cancel OpenCore swap of the Windows and Alt keys?

The official Apple key mapping in Boot Camp maps Windows key as Command key, and Alt key as Option key. The official Apple keyboards have the Control, Command and Option keys, whereas PC keyboards have Control, Windows and Alt keys, in this order. On macOS I can remap the Option and Command keys on "SysPrefs > Keyboard > Modifier Keys", but they are too switched on Windows when booted via "SysPrefs > Startup Disk" and it is not that simple to remap these keys over there. If I bypass OpenCore and boot into Windows using the BIOS boot selection feature, these keys are mapped properly as PC keyboard.

16 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

Anyone knows how to cancel OpenCore swap of the Windows and Alt keys?

The official Apple key mapping in Boot Camp maps Windows key as Command key, and Alt key as Option key. The official Apple keyboards have the Control, Command and Option keys, whereas PC keyboards have Control, Windows and Alt keys, in this order. On macOS I can remap the Option and Command keys on "SysPrefs > Keyboard > Modifier Keys", but they are too switched on Windows when booted via "SysPrefs > Startup Disk" and it is not that simple to remap these keys over there. If I bypass OpenCore and boot into Windows using the BIOS boot selection feature, these keys are mapped properly as PC keyboard.

I believe not. That's exactly how it works on my real Macs. It's a "feature"

I just updated 2 machines to OpenCore 073 Commit 09930f3

After that, BootPicker GUI no longer worked and both machines didn't boot. So there's either an issue with the built or something drastically changed over night. Seems to be related to OpenRuntime.efi.

OC Validate log:

OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 0 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 1 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
Serialisation returns 3 errors!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckBooter returns 1 error!

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckUEFI returns 1 error!

EDIT:

I compared the config against the sample and noticed UEFI > Drivers has a different form now:

861776430_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-04um22_36_39.png.11d9f15eda8fbf4b04c31714d82c0c33.png

After adding these entries, everything is back to normal.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Yes just tried the system would not boot and no gui like you, after I saw that the driver structure changed
In OcBinaryData-master btrfs_x64.efi and ext4_x64.efi have been introduced. What are they for ? I tried to boot Linux without the misc entry but it doesn't detect it and no ext4 partitions are seen in the finder either 🤔

Edited by antuneddu
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Thank you for your polite guidance at any time.

This is just my strange impression.

% ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI.2109061841/OC/config.plist
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 0 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 1 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 3 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 4 index!
Serialisation returns 5 errors!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckBooter returns 1 error!

Isn't the above display lacking in sweetness?
It doesn't even have a line number.

Everyone! Isn't it natural for us to seek junk sweetness?

thank you.

(It's a silly idea, so please ignore it.)

That was my thought as well, when I first saw these results. It takes a bit of detective approch, checking the log from end to beginning for clues: 1st clue: OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded. 2nd clue: it's refering to UEFI > Drivers. 3rd Clue: "Array". Then I just checked the sample for changes in the UEFI > Drivers section and knew what was wrong immediately.

14 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

That was my thought as well, when I first saw these results. It takes a bit of detective approch, checking the log from end to beginning for clues: 1st clue: OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded. 2nd clue: it's refering to UEFI > Drivers. 3rd Clue: "Array". Then I just checked the sample for changes in the UEFI > Drivers section and knew what was wrong immediately.

3 minutes ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Oh, how I wish I was Sherlock Holmes!:hysterical:

I'm a bit of a Holmes too. Because I got used to looking at commits, to see changes in config.plist. And I am also looking at Opencore Changelog.md. Then I also look at the sample.plist for the syntax. I am correcting my config.plist. So ocvalidate says everything is OK. 😜

• Like 1

The Drivers section was the only part of OpenCore which you didn't really had to care about: throw in your drivers, generate a snapshot, done. Now it's another source for errors. But I hope the change is worth it with the added ability to use additional arguments.  

The latest build has a new Quirk, btw: "- Added `ForceOcWriteFlash` UEFI quirk to enable writing OC system variables"

Edited by 5T33Z0

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Nice. You should use these icons (in black) for "SSD-Minimal" as well. The way it looks now , witht he the Windows and Apple Logo sbelow the SSD Icon makes it look unbalanced and squeezed:

SSD-Minimal_Screenshot.thumb.png.224956e52f5ba8d8e4f7d8b03e18fea2.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 hours ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

It doesn't even have a line number.

The problem is the library was designed without line numbers in mind at the beginning, as despite for debugging this information is useless. While it certainly would be useful for ocvalidate now (which is much younger than OC), this cannot easily be added. Sorry.

• Like 4

@5T33Z0

This is differant Icon, I made like that because if you see the Drive is more Smaller 😁 It was the goal to make them like this

You can use Flavours-B  theme with the  Background-Orig.icns

Edited by chris1111