OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,826 posts in this topic

Developers,

OC 0.7.0 -> 0.7.1 upgrade was painless.  Thank you! 

Every once in a while, I peruse the Dortania docs to learn a little more.  Your documentation is OUTSTANDING.  Well done!

• Like 4

I'd like to add the csr-data kext-allowed-teams variable to the NVRAM section of my OC plist but can't figure out how to format it. It's mentioned in the OC docs but with no details about how to format the entry.

If I try to inject it as a string the brackets appear in NVRAM as ascii trash (<dict><key>kext-allowed-teams</key><array><string>...). If I try to inject it as a dictionary it doesn't appear in NVRAM at all.

Can this value be injected ok from the plist? If I clear NVRAM for any reason it's a whole process to put it back and re-enable the associated kext so it would be great if I could inject it along with my other NVRAM parameters.

Edited by Riley Freeman

3 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

I'd like to add the csr-data kext-allowed-teams variable to the NVRAM section of my OC plist but can't figure out how to format it. It's mentioned in the OC docs but with no details about how to format the entry.

If I try to inject it as a string the brackets appear in NVRAM as ascii trash (<dict><key>kext-allowed-teams</key><array><string>...). If I try to inject it as a dictionary it doesn't appear in NVRAM at all.

Can this value be injected ok from the plist? If I clear NVRAM for any reason it's a whole process to put it back and re-enable the associated kext so it would be great if I could inject it along with my other NVRAM parameters.t

What are  you wanting to do?

If only to allow unsigned kexts to load you can configure your config.plist:

config.plist-->NVRAM-->

<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>boot-args</key>
                    <string>-v -lilubetaall keepsyms=1 -wegnoegpu</string>
                    <key>csr-active-config</key>
                    <data>ZwgAAA==</data>
                    <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
                    <string></string>
                </dict>

Note that ZwgAAA== represents csr-active-config 67080000

If it is something else perhaps this will assist you:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/user-approved-kernel-extension-loading/

<dict>

<key>kext-allowed-teams</key>

<array>

<string>0123456789</string>

</array>

</dict>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryV said:

If it is something else perhaps this will assist you:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/user-approved-kernel-extension-loading/

<dict>

<key>kext-allowed-teams</key>

<array>

<string>0123456789</string>

</array>

</dict>

It's this. Looks like I might have to convert the string to hex data. I'll give that a try a little later.

Edited by Riley Freeman
convert to hex, not b64

12 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

The latter is what I'm trying to do. However I can't get OC to inject the values correctly.

If I add the nvram value the usual way from recovery then nvram -px will output: csr-data    <dict><key>kext-allowed-teams</key><array><string>0123456789</string></array></dict>%00

If I try to add it via OC it outputs:  csr-data    &lt;dict&gt;&lt;key&gt;kext-allowed-teams&lt;/key&gt;&lt;array&gt;&lt;string&gt;0123456789&lt;/string&gt;&lt;/array&gt;&lt;/dict&gt;%2500%00 and doesn't work.

Then perhaps it is deprecated in your version of Open Core.

29 minutes ago, HenryV said:

csr-data was only added to the OC docs in 0.7.0.

I converted the string to data and now it injects fine. Thanks for the tip about Pike's post. I glanced through it earlier but didn't pick up on anything until I had a second look.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, HenryV said:

Hi, How are you, May i ask you for your EFI folder-config plist file for OC 7.2 as my Skylake is same as your system, i want to check why my OC boot times are longer + patch for the brightness keys f11-f12. thanks in advance

22 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hi, How are you, May i ask you for your EFI folder-config plist file for OC 7.2 as my Skylake is same as your system, i want to check why my OC boot times are longer + patch for the brightness keys f11-f12. thanks in advance

Running clover, not OC 7.2.  If you search my prior posts there should be a config.plist for 0.6.3 or 0.6.4.

17 minutes ago, HenryV said:

Running clover, not OC 7.2.  If you search my prior posts there should be a config.plist for 0.6.3 or 0.6.4.

thank you HenryV, will be great if i have your clover efi folder, 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:22 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Does anybody know how to extract bluetoth keys from Monterey to use in Windows?

What is "bluetooth key" and why you want to "extract" them? Why some "BT keys" can be used in Windows? 

17 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

To use Bluetooth mouse without reconnecting each time, on dual boot computer.

I still not get it...do you have issue with the usb dongle key in windows booting from opencore?

Sorry, but what you're asking is a non sense.

21 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

I still not get it...do you have issue with the usb dongle key in windows booting from opencore?

Sorry, but what you're asking is a non sense.

Until Monterey it was very easy to extract bluetooth sync keys (with hackintool or other methods) and insert them in windows registry. All this to use Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, AirPods in both OS's without reconnecting each time. In Monterey those methods doesn't work anymore. A good option for OC can be the feature of genuine Mac's to share Bluetooth sync between Mac OS and windows automatically.

18 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Until Monterey it was very easy to extract bluetooth sync keys (with hackintool or other methods) and insert them in windows registry. All this to use Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, AirPods in both OS's without reconnecting each time. In Monterey those methods doesn't work anymore. A good option for OC can be the feature of genuine Mac's to share Bluetooth sync between Mac OS and windows automatically.

ok sorry, makes more sense now.

Can you try this python script?

chmod 777 and run it

Update: sorry try to change in the script highSierraLoc = False to highSierraLoc = True

Most probably it wont work, but it worth a try...

bt.py

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

To use Bluetooth mouse without reconnecting each time, on dual boot computer.

It will reconnect once you started windows. What is the problem?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slice said:

From what I understand you need to pair the bt devices at each boot (mac to windows and windows to mac), by storing the keys in registry it connects automatically.

We are OT...

Edited by ghost8282

1 hour ago, Slice said:

The problem is that you can not anymore extract the bluetooth sync keys from Monterey and insert them in windows. Consequence: each time when you switch OS you have to reconnect the device manually.

Guest 5T33Z0

So, after I updated from this build: dc20977 on my Laptop which runs macOS Catalina to this build: 9324c9e, my macOS Volume is no longer displayed in the Boot menu.

I guess it's related to this change:

- Increased default APFS `MinDate` and `MinVersion` to macOS Big Sur for better security

Could someone explain what this change means and does? After reverting back to dc20977 everything is fine.

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Could someone explain what this change means and does? After reverting back to dc20977 everything is fine.

It's the minimal allowed APFS driver date to load.

Not sure why it is set to Big Sur now (changelog says "for better security", so there's a reason, but since Catalina is still a supported os from Apple...well in theory mojave is the oldest os still supported at the time of writing).

You can disable MinDate (not recommended) -> 

<key>MinDate</key>
			<integer>-1</integer>

Or you can set your own date:

<key>MinDate</key>
			<integer>20200306</integer>

The above refers to Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287).

You also need to set MinVersion, which is the minimal allowed APFS driver version to load.

0 is default (currently Big Sur with that commit), -1 disabled (not recommended), 1412101001000000 for Catalina 10.15.4

So, assuming you have at least Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) you need to set your config.plist with:

<key>MinDate</key>
			<integer>20200306</integer>
			<key>MinVersion</key>
			<integer>1412101001000000</integer>

to be able to boot again with the latest commit.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1