OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,824 posts in this topic

ResetNVRAM icon broken after flavour commits?

In resources folder I populated only the Image/Acidanthera/GoldenGate folder with all the icons from ocbinarydata and modified the config.plist accordingly.

<key>PickerMode</key>
			<string>External</string>
			<key>PickerVariant</key>
			<string>Acidanthera\GoldenGate</string>

The ResetNVRAM icon is that of an internal drive, I think it changed after the commits from MikeBeaton (flavour).

Update: sorry I missed the Flavours.md file in Docs: I put NVRAMTool.icns (same as Shell.icns) into Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate but still the NVRAM icon is that of the internal drive.

Edited by ghost8282

38 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

ResetNVRAM icon broken after flavour commits?

In resources folder I populated only the Image/Acidanthera/GoldenGate folder with all the icons from ocbinarydata and modified the config.plist accordingly.

<key>PickerMode</key>
			<string>External</string>
			<key>PickerVariant</key>
			<string>Acidanthera\GoldenGate</string>

The ResetNVRAM icon is that of an internal drive, I think it changed after the commits from MikeBeaton (flavour).

Update: sorry I missed the Flavours.md file in Docs.

Then you already have read it. ResetNVRAM default icon is HardDrive.icns if there is not a ResetNVRAM.icns file. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Then you already have read it. ResetNVRAM default icon is HardDrive.icns if there is not a ResetNVRAM.icns file. 

Thanks, I want the icon of the shell, so I have to rename the icon to ResetNVRAM.icns...trying now

Yes it works by renaming the icon to ResetNVRAM.icns

Thanks

Edited by ghost8282

2 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Thanks, I want the icon of the shell, so I have to rename the icon to ResetNVRAM.icns...trying now

Yes it works by renaming the icon to ResetNVRAM.icns

Thanks

But do you have saved also default Shell.icns? Not only renamed but copied and renamed. To have Shell.icns, other way UEFI Shell picks the generic Tool icon.

9 minutes ago, miliuco said:

But do you have saved also default Shell.icns? Not only renamed but copied and renamed. To have Shell.icns, other way UEFI Shell picks the generic Tool icon.

I have the full \Acidanthera\GoldenGate from ocbinarydata, so yes, I have Shell.icns, all I did was adding another Shell.icns renamed to ResetNVRAM.icns

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, miliuco said:

ocpasswordgen has been removed. I don’t know if it’s temporary.

Looks like it was just a binary which got accidentally commited. Should still be there when you build OpenCore or download one of the releases. The source code is still there for it.

Edit: Oops, look like I got beaten to it by a few seconds lol

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi @all

Just a stupid question: when I press space bar, tools and resetNvram icons appears. When I press space bar a second time, nothing : the icons are already there.  How to make them disappear ?

Let me know

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @all

Just a stupid question: when I press space bar, tools and resetNvram icons appears. When I press space bar a second time, nothing : the icons are already there.  How to make them disappear ?

Let me know

Hi Bro as far as I know when you press the Space Bar a second time nothing happens, that is normal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi Bro as far as I know when you press the Space Bar a second time nothing happens, that is normal.

Hi Bro,
Exactly. Nothing, unlike Clover, when you type F3 :(

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @all

This is default behaviour for now.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rodion2010 said:

Why? You press Space to show hidden items if you need, dont press Space if you dont need :)

But thinking about a very user-friendly interface, it would be a logical behavior, press spacebar and auxiliary shown, press spacebar again and auxiliary hidden.
What do the OpenCore developers think about it?

Edited by miliuco
Misspelling.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, miliuco said:

But thinking about a very user-friendly interface, it would be a logical behavior, press spacebar and auxiliary shown, press spacebar again and auxiliary hidden.
What do the openCore developers think about it?

We dont spend a lot of time using OpenCore GUI

We use it to select macOS or Windows

or press Space to select Shell, NVRAM reset etc

Why do You need to show/hide/show these icons and go back again and again ?

Edited by Rodion2010

4 minutes ago, Rodion2010 said:

We dont spend a lot of time using OpenCore GUI

We use it to select macOS or Windows

or press Space to select Shell, NVRAM reset etc

I understand your reasoning. But taken to the extreme, OC would work just as well with the picker in text mode. However, many of us like OpenCanopy and all these new themes, icon sets, flavors ... Don't forget that many macOS lovers are also lovers of beautiful appearance and elegant operation, myself included.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rodion2010 said:

It's human nature - when you flick a light switch on the lamp is lit when you flick it again does it stay on or go off? - Stupid analogy I know. :hysterical:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

What do the OpenCore developers think about it?

I had suggested this a long time ago but was rejected with no real reason except it was not a planned feature.

It's just logical and orthogonal to press the Spacebar to see the auxiliary and to press it again to hide it.

I do not spend a lot of time in the Open canopy GUI so it's not a big deal for me.

But, considering how complex OC implementation is, this is a trivial feature to Unhide/Hide the Auxiliary entries.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MacNB said:

But, considering how complex OC implementation is, this is a trivial feature to Unhide/Hide the Auxiliary entries.

It's not about code or configuration triviality but UX triviality. Allowing to hide entries again introduces the issue of not obvious state (are they hidden right now or not?) at literally no benefit. If you do not want to see the entries, then simply do not show them.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

It's not about code or configuration triviality but UX triviality. Allowing to hide entries again introduces the issue of not obvious state (are they hidden right now or not?) at literally no benefit. If you do not want to see the entries, then simply do not show them.

I agree and accept your argument. Enough work has been done by the OC team so far to request things that are not in your to-do. But I am human ... :)

• Like 2