OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,824 posts in this topic

I've had "Open System DSDT" preference disabled for so long, that I completely forgot about it.  Thanks!

@5T33Z0 As you can see, I'm not afraid to ask what are probably very naive and remedial questions.  I guess I should have been more specific.  I see that ACPI renames are visible with macIASL.  Is there a way to extract ACPI such that OC's ACPI "Adds" are visible (e.g. if I add Device (ABC) using an SSDT patch, is there a way to extract ACPI after that hotpatch is applied so that I can see my added Device (ABC)?

Edited by tonyx86

Guest 5T33Z0

File > New from ACPI

This shows all the Tables present in ACPI – including the SSDTs you added.

25 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

File > New from ACPI

This shows all the Tables present in ACPI – including the SSDTs you added.

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499319+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499320+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499322+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) Dynamic OEM Table Load:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499323+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) Dynamic OEM Table Load:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499325+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499326+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499526+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499527+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499531+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) SSDT 0xFFFFFF802625CE10 0001D2 (v01 AMI    CPU1PM   00000001 INTL 20060113)

2021-05-09 17:05:21.499533+0300 0x286      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) SSDT 0xFFFFFF802625CE10 0001D2 (v01 AMI    CPU1PM   00000001 INTL 20060113)

how can I see this table? maciasl does not show it in the list

13 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

WHICH "THIS" Table? This is a Log and it's refering to a Kernel Patch…

This is a partial log about Dynamic OEM Table Load: absolutely nothing related to Kernel Patch there

"This" table is "Dynamic OEM Table SSDT 0xFFFFFF802625CE10 0001D2 (v01 AMI    CPU1PM   00000001 INTL 20060113)" as shown at the log, no other ACPI tables there

Edited by Rodion2010

Guest 5T33Z0

Yeah, well shorten it's name to a reasonable size and it may work. There's a reason why SSDT's only consist of a couple of letters…

13 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Yeah, well shorten it's name to a reasonable size and it may work. There's a reason why SSDT's only consist of a couple of letters…

Do you read the question? it is "Dynamic OEM Table"

it is created and loaded by BIOS, not by me, so I do not have any possibility to change its name

Guest 5T33Z0

Follow the OpenCore Installation Guide for your CPU (what are your specs anyway?) and Drop the table by adding the appropriate Patch with OEMTableID to ACPI > Delete in the config

43 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Follow the OpenCore Installation Guide for your CPU (what are your specs anyway?) and Drop the table by adding the appropriate Patch with OEMTableID to ACPI > Delete in the config

Why?

I have no problems with OpenCore installation

I did not ask how to drop the table

I asked how to see the content of the table if it is possible, it is not the same

the Table is Dynamic and it is not shown in maciasl

maybe my English is not perfect, sorry, but the question is clear enough I think

Edited by Rodion2010

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

@makk if you would please read what people write and avoid posting inappropriate replies, that'd be great. Thank you.

sure, what the other guy was talking about was not what the other guy was interested in. So I gave a picture for the first guys.  obviously they were not on the same wavelength.

No problems. sometimes a photo goes a long ways.

Edited by makk

On 5/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, SavageAUS said:

Has anything changed in OC to stop this from working? Is it still correct? To boot bootstrap from refind?
https://github.com/dortania/Hackintosh-Mini-Guides/blob/master/refind.md

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using GRUB2 to chainload Refind to chainload Open Core 0.7.0 as GRUB2 will not directly chainload Open Core after 0.6.4.

Recently encountered the issue that chainloading Open Core from GRUB2-->Refind-->Open Core the AirportIntel.kext for Big Sur loads and scans but does not detect networks.  AirportItlwm for Catalina loads and scans but does not detect networks.

However, AirportItlwm does load and work with Clover 5134 when injected while booting Big Sur.  AirportItlwm for Catalina only works when added to S/L/E when Catalina booted with Clover 5134. 

Yes, refind chainloads Open Core and boots both Big Sur and Catalina, but apparently does not properly inject some kexts.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/347139-big-sur-113b4-multibooting-chainloading-tweaks-brew-migrating-apps/

Edited by HenryV

23 hours ago, theroadw said:

I used to use GRUB2, but switched to only using refind to chainload Linux, Windows and Opencore (Mojave and Catalina) and have zero issues injecting kexts from OC.

There are presently no issues with injecting kexts booting with OC other than AirportItlwm and Itlwm.

I am wondering why this is an issue with OC but not Clover.

This link indicates Refind does not support OC:

• We do not support the use of rEFInd with OpenCore, this is just to shut up those who won't stop complaining that OpenCore injects data into all OSes but for some reason are too lazy to press F8 at boot. Using rEFInd can break both bless and Startup Disk, and can be concidered a security risk.
  • Please note that rEFInd has also been know to break macOS booting

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, HenryV said:

There are presently no issues with injecting kexts booting with OC other than AirportItlwm and Itlwm.

I am wondering why this is an issue with OC but not Clover.

This link indicates Refind does not support OC:

• We do not support the use of rEFInd with OpenCore, this is just to shut up those who won't stop complaining that OpenCore injects data into all OSes but for some reason are too lazy to press F8 at boot. Using rEFInd can break both bless and Startup Disk, and can be concidered a security risk.
  • Please note that rEFInd has also been know to break macOS booting

Never said there were any issues with any kexts, I was just stating that I switched from GRUB2 to refind for my main chainloader because GRUB2 kept overwriting the Bios boot defaults on every update, but using refind, everything works perfectly, I'm using OC 6.9 and no issues injecting any kexts, including the itlwm wifi.

In my case I needed to have a pre-OC chainloader because my Mojave system uses a DGPU that my Catalina system can't use, so I need 2 completely different OC configs, and I also needed to boot linux, and refind offers those options seamlessly. And to avoid going from picker to picker, my OC and linux refind options boot directly to their respective OS's

I don't know about the "no support" for refind, but at least in my case it does not break OC, or Clover or Linux or Windows, and it is way more convenient than hitting F9 and trying to figure out which drive has what. Bless and startup disk work correctly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theroadw said:

Never said there were any issues with any kexts, I was just stating that I switched from GRUB2 to refind for my main chainloader because GRUB2 kept overwriting the Bios boot defaults on every update, but using refind, everything works perfectly, I'm using OC 6.9 and no issues injecting any kexts, including the itlwm wifi.

In my case I needed to have a pre-OC chainloader because my Mojave system uses a DGPU that my Catalina system can't use, so I need 2 completely different OC configs, and I also needed to boot linux, and refind offers those options seamlessly. And to avoid going from picker to picker, my OC and linux refind options boot directly to their respective OS's

I don't know about the "no support" for refind, but at least in my case it does not break OC, or Clover or Linux or Windows, and it is way more convenient than hitting F9 and trying to figure out which drive has what. Bless and startup disk work correctly

Can you send me the version of Itlwm/Heliport you are using with 6.9?

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] No. Are you sure your SMBIOS is configured correctly? What's the state of SIP?

Smbios is / should be correct (iservices work). SIP was / is disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SavageAUS You've received some good responses to your questions.  It's easy to forget to express appreciation for the help.  Just a friendly reminder about the really simple "thanks" and "like" emojis at the bottom right of each post.

1261284883_ScreenShot2021-05-14at8_02_21AM.png.cb0547dc9a9ceefa561cc3fbd64d132f.png

• Like 1

@SavageAUS Hmm, still possible it's a sort of staged rollout, I don't know how Apple decides who gets which update when. As nobody else reported issues and afaik a few people upgraded already, I'd probably blame it and ask you to keep an eye in it (and wait a few days next time) in the future.