OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,826 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

I've noticed that currently in my set up I have "EFI version found 1554.50.2.0.0 but should be 1554.60.15.0.0" How do I update that in OC? I do not see an entry for it in config.plist.

Hi pk - Don't know how much this will help but this is my version, I was running Beta 11.2 but reverted back to the released version 11.1 after losing Boot Chime at startup, I am running OpenCore version 0.6.5. What you reported is certainly peculiar indeed.:( Are you sure you're running latest version?

Spoiler

102352278_ScreenShot2020-12-28at19_35_00.thumb.png.30aa71fc306cdd7e59af0a3b56df679a.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

@Download-Fritz i've made some progress there, the performances are back now. But  a problem that i didn't get done to fix is RTC, every boot i've it, even if using Windows from OpenCore. Dunno how to solve it, even with SSDT. Do you have any idea on how do i Fix that problem which i think will be the last i guess.

EFI.zip

Edited by ammoune78

14 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I'm in OpenCore 0.6.5 and I have BS  Version 11.2 (Build 20D5029f) and my value is the following 1554.40.41.0.0.

More BS weirdness I'm sure ...LOL

@MorenoAv - Have you got the Boot Chime feature activated with this Beta version? The reason I ask I lost it when I installed Beta 11.2 so decided to go back to the released version (Yea I know but I am a bit picky like that :lol:) also a lot of bugs are reported to be in this latest Beta so the general consensus is to stick to the 11.1 released.

I would like to contribute to the development process of getting OpenCore working with "Resize BAR Support", possibly specific to AMD B450 motherboards, possibly not. I know it's a memory map issue, but I need to know what steps I should take to log OpenCore to contribute to getting a memory mapping workaround in place for it.

Above 4G Decoding and Resize BAR Support disabled: Boots with ncpi=0x2000

Above 4G Decoding enabled, Resize BAR Support disabled: Boots without npci setting.

Both enabled: Locks up at the point where it would switch on the video card.

I can log information on this system using a debug version of OpenCore, but I need to know precisely what settings I need to change to enable the correct logging for this exact issue.

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

@MorenoAv - Have you got the Boot Chime feature activated with this Beta version? The reason I ask I lost it when I installed Beta 11.2 so decided to go back to the released version (Yea I know but I am a bit picky like that :lol:) also a lot of bugs are reported to be in this latest Beta so the general consensus is to stick to the 11.1 released.

Hi @eSaF,

No I don't use boot chime, and I know how it is, I'm a bit OC about things too... 

I don't have speakers so I don't have boot chime...

Good 2021 for you and your family

Cheers

• Thanks 1

@ammoune78 When precisely does it happen? Does it happen also when only booting OC (no further OS) and then resetting the machine? Does it happen with Windows without OC? Does it *always* happen?

@kode54 Nothing of what you described gets stuck in OC...

PS: I did not set this cringy role tag, is this new?

Edited by Download-Fritz

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

@kode54 Nothing of what you described gets stuck in OC...

@Download-Fritz what @kode54 is basically saying is that enabling the new BIOs setting of Resize PCI BAR makes the GPU get disabled in macOS. Agree this isn't specific to OpenCore, but could be something worth looking into since even Intel boards will be getting this new BIOS option soon because of the RX 6xxx series GPUs.

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

@Download-Fritz what @kode54 is basically saying is that enabling the new BIOs setting of Resize PCI BAR makes the GPU get disabled in macOS. Agree this isn't specific to OpenCore, but could be something worth looking into since even Intel boards will be getting this new BIOS option soon because of the RX 6xxx series GPUs.

Well maybe, but it's not related to OC, that is the point. I don't know what the issue is, but if there is an actual issue, it's probably WhateverGreen territory?

6 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Well maybe, but it's not related to OC, that is the point. I don't know what the issue is, but if there is an actual issue, it's probably WhateverGreen territory?

Agreed, just something to be mindful about.

Edited by Pavo

22 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi pk - Don't know how much this will help but this is my version, I was running Beta 11.2 but reverted back to the released version 11.1 after losing Boot Chime at startup, I am running OpenCore version 0.6.5. What you reported is certainly peculiar indeed.:( Are you sure you're running latest version?

Hide contents

102352278_ScreenShot2020-12-28at19_35_00.thumb.png.30aa71fc306cdd7e59af0a3b56df679a.png

I was using Silent Knight from Eclectic Light Company to just check things and noticed this:

Spoiler

570676498_ScreenShot2020-12-29at12_12_11PM.thumb.jpg.d960d1dbfd7490a60a2034c09f3c52d7.jpg

That is the only reason I even knew about it. In my sig you will see I am still on Mojave and using OC 0.6.4. I updated some of those other things with Lock Rattler earlier.

Purely cosmetic, I'm sure, but with Clover you were able to enter this in the config plist.

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 3

Maybe this is off topic but I need to ask: is there anyone here successfully using opencore on Big Sur with fakesmc kext? It causes kernel panic with "You shutdown your computer because of a problem ..." message. Tried reading logs but found nothing useful. I need fakesmc with radeon monitor plugin as it's the only way to read temperature from my 5700 gpu

opencore-2020-12-18-192820.txt

edit:

solved thanks to Slice

Edited by Paksman

@vit9696 @Andrey1970

i m using macOS Big Sur 11 i have strange problem in system preference under Battrey section

when i plug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is reappear which can you look attached screenshot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dd9cd00839b43f5b76605b7c42597ec7.png

when i unplug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is disappear which can you look attached screenshot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f0638237dd3cea40a44ee6f69bfd51c.png

this is strange behavior in system preference under battery section which i m facing  

i mapped my all usbports correctly i don't know idea what is this issue and i boot my system using my internal EFI Partition

when i boot my system with external usb flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is reappear

i need help about this behavoir

On 12/24/2020 at 2:47 AM, eSaF said:

Hi - There are a few things you need to have in place. I don't think you need chime.dxe but you will need the AudioDxe.efi file in the Drivers Folder also listed in the config.plist along with these settings as shown. With everything in place, reduce your speakers volume just incase, reboot and clean the NVRAM. You should then have Boot Chime as Long as your Codec Value is correct for your machine. Good luck.

Edit - I forgot you will need the Boot Chime  Wav File  in EFI/Resources/Audio Folder - I have attached it here also.

Hide contents

11054460_ScreenShot2020-12-24at02_34_29.thumb.png.40927288cc5f4aba8676ecbcc184e5db.png1018888564_ScreenShot2020-12-24at02_35_01.png.423c218352dd9975462cc1141b6aa5f5.png

OCEFIAudio_VoiceOver_Boot.wav

Thank you @eSaF for the reply, i did it and it is working properly. 

still i am having a problem in my audio device, it cannot detect the external mic, do you have any ideas, i can send you clover codec dump , hope you can help me or forward it to who can help me adding it to appleALC kext, waiting any reply from you and all , Thanks so much 

1 hour ago, PC IT said:

Thank you @eSaF for the reply, i did it and it is working properly. 

still i am having a problem in my audio device, it cannot detect the external mic, do you have any ideas, i can send you clover codec dump , hope you can help me or forward it to who can help me adding it to appleALC kext, waiting any reply from you and all , Thanks so much 

Hi as far as I know, now that you have sound working the Microphone settings should be Generic and not needing any special settings as such. In the FaceTime app when in use, the camera and microphone just automatically switches on,

Spoiler

982073609_ScreenShot2020-12-30at23_24_18.png.b7bc60987689a9a1ae88443a50bbea2b.png

that's the way it is in my rig anyway. Make sure your microphone is registered in the System Preferences/Sound like the attached.

4 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

@vit9696 @Andrey1970

i m using macOS Big Sur 11 i have strange problem in system preference under Battrey section

when i plug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is reappear which can you look attached screenshot

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.dd9cd00839b43f5b76605b7c42597ec7.png

when i unplug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is disappear which can you look attached screenshot

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4f0638237dd3cea40a44ee6f69bfd51c.png

this is strange behavior in system preference under battery section which i m facing  

i mapped my all usbports correctly i don't know idea what is this issue and i boot my system using my internal EFI Partition

when i boot my system with external usb flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is reappear

i need help about this behavoir

Same issue here. Z87-UD3H / I7 4770K

On 12/29/2020 at 6:16 PM, pkdesign said:

Purely cosmetic, I'm sure, but with Clover you were able to enter this in the config plist.

This is possible also with OC, of course.

usually these data are updated by Andrey1970AppleLife really fast, as soon as they are available: so if you use PlatformInfo --> Automatic=true just update your opencore version to the latest master.

Otherwise, if you use PlatformInfo --> Automatic=false you need to input all your smbios data by hand, and the field you are interested in is PlatformInfo --> SMBIOS --> BIOSVersion

Edited by ghost8282

3 hours ago, Alpha22 said:

Hi everyone
dual boot windows 10 Big Sur using OC 0.6.4 I have the problem that windows does not start, advice I have a guide to show me
thanks

I faced the windows booting problem on my Asus.

If you have the acpi error on windows boot then try to patch the acpi correctly on Mac. Windows booting problem will solve automatically.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:08 AM, Erroruser said:

is there any chance that there will be support added in for the expansion slot utility? seems that i may fall under the PlatformInfo similar to the memory?

What kind of support do you want? The Expansion Slot Utility is for Mac Pro 2019 only. It is very specific to that hardware.

The Mac Pro 2019 has a CPU with 64 PCIe lanes. 16 are used for slot 1, 16 for slot 3, 16 for Pool A, 16 for Pool B. Pool A and Pool B are connected to two upstream 16 lane links of a 96 lane PEX chip which has 64 downstream lanes connected to the 2, 4, or 6 Thunderbolt controllers (hard coded to Pool B   ), and slots 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 which can be assigned to Pool A or Pool B.

An Expansion Slot Utility for a hackintosh will require a totally different UI and code. Any settings a hackintosh may have are controlled by the BIOS so making a utility would be a waste of time, except as a graphical substitute to pciutils because the PCI tab of System Information.app is inadequate.

12 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

This is possible also with OC, of course.

usually these data are updated by Andrey1970AppleLife really fast, as soon as they are available: so if you use PlatformInfo --> Automatic=true just update your opencore version to the latest master.

Otherwise, if you use PlatformInfo --> Automatic=false you need to input all your smbios data by hand, and the field you are interested in is PlatformInfo --> SMBIOS --> BIOSVersion

Mine is set to True so I guess I will just wait. As I said, it's just cosmetic and I just noticed it.

11 hours ago, plsh2me said:

I faced the windows booting problem on my Asus.

If you have the acpi error on windows boot then try to patch the acpi correctly on Mac. Windows booting problem will solve automatically.

thanks for your reply, can you help me my asus Z97 card

I forgot the windows problem and at startup an infinite loading comes out (the dots moving in a circle) i don't get to the desktop

Edited by Alpha22