OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,826 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, TheBloke said:

Yes, if you use itlwm you need Heliport. But that's an application, not a kext.  Read the instructions on the link I sent you carefully, all the info is there.

Read all the instructions and additionally install Heliport, add it among the users, run it and it only works together with the network connection. But when I remove the network cable, I don't have Wi-fi. Some time ago, however, this worked without a network cable.

2 hours ago, luky35 said:

Read all the instructions and additionally install Heliport, add it among the users, run it and it only works together with the network connection. But when I remove the network cable, I don't have Wi-fi. Some time ago, however, this worked without a network cable.

Itlwm+HelliPort show Wifi as Ethernet connection lise a USB adapter. You don't need any cable.

16 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

After last OC compile I received this message at boot:

"Starting OpenCore.efi

Using load options ' '

OCS: Failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty> as type integer.

context <Playchime>!"

Any idea what is it?

See the changes in the documentation

Снимок экрана 2020-12-06 в 12.18.23.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

"Starting OpenCore.efi

Using load options ' '

context <Playchime>!"

Any idea what is it?

Update you're config.plist for commit f6193c4 :

<key>PlayChime</key>
<string>Auto</string>

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 7:26 AM, Matgen84 said:

Do you check your config.plist via OcValidate utility !

I have already done that with Sanity Checker, the problem is that everything is green and these messages before the boot menu appear are probably not taken into account in the check.

Edited by AlfredoM

7 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

I have already done that with Sanity Checker, the problem is that everything is green and these messages before the boot menu appear are probably not taken into account in the check.

OCS: No schema... there are something wrong in your config.plist. Sorry, check it via the documentation, sample.plist :) 

21 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

Sanity Checker checks recommend values against the Dortania guides.

ocvalidate checks the structure of config.plist, and checks the syntax is valid.   It will find problems that Sanity Checker will not, and vice versa.

In other words: 

• ocvalidate checks "Does this config.plist contain any syntax errors, missing keys, or entries that are not allowed by OpenCore?"
  • Sanity Checker checks "Does the user have the right settings for their platform, according to the guides?" 

In your case, you need ocvalidate.  Sanity Checker will not check for things that are not mentioned in the guides, and won't necessarily spot invalid formatting, bad syntax, or missing keys.

Ideally, always run both.  And don't assume that because Sanity Checker says OK, everything is fine - Sanity Checker doesn't yet check everything.  For example, it doesn't look at all at ACPI patches and sections like that.

Edited by TheBloke
  • Like 2

With the newer release of Itwlm/Heliport and OC 0.6.4 there yet appears to be a problem with the 3165 intel wifi.

Clover 5122 loads itlwm without issues in Cataline 10.5.7 and Heliport shows and connects to networks fine.

Clover 5127 with openruntime.efi boots Catalina 10.5.7 but does not appear to load itlwm so that Heliport will show networks and function as expected.  Heliport shows empty icon in menu bar.

Same behavior with Open Core 0.6.4 with itlwm and Heliport.  Heliport shows empty icon in menu bar.

Anyone with intel 3165 m.2 working in Big Sur please post your EFI/config.plist.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:58 AM, AlfredoM said:

These (there are probably about 6 messages) go away within 1 second and then the boot menu comes up, so that I can't read where the individual errors for "No Schema" are. 

Sometimes happen to me too when I miss or I don't delete something in the config.

I simply use my mobile and make a short video, so I can pause and read all the errors.

In opencore with a debug version (not sure for the release) enabling logging should record that entries too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

OCS: No schema... there are something wrong in your config.plist. Sorry, check it via the documentation, sample.plist :) 

Yes, my friend @Matgen84 .... of course I've already done that and found nothing, everything is 1: 1 as in the sample.plist

5 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Sometimes happen to me too when I miss or I don't delete something in the config.

I simply use my mobile and make a short video, so I can pause and read all the errors.

In opencore with a debug version (not sure for the release) enabling logging should record that entries too.

@ghost8182 I came up with this idea and I will do it someday. It's actually not a problem, everything works without any problems, only it's annoying that these 6 lines appear there for a short time

• Like 2

Updating my Z68 to 0.6.4 has been a disaster. It boots to a black screen where the picker should be and then goes to the next bootable option (Windows). The only way I can get to the picker is to write a UEFI boot entry for the OpenCore bootloader with the UEFI shell from an old bootable copy of Clover. Then I need to connect a bootable USB stick with my previous 0.6.3 EFI folder and choose the boot entry I've added via Clover's UEFI shell. The USB with the previously-working 0.6.3 setup won't boot on it's own now. If I select it, I get the no-picker and goes to boot next option scenario again. I have to pick the OpenCore boot entry I've written via Clover and then it will boot to the picker.

I don't know how to fix this. I've reflashed my BIOS with the last update I had for it (which still had Clover in NVRAM as it was pre-OpenCore for me) cleaned NVRAM and still no joy.

So 0.6.4 isn't bootable and now neither is 0.6.3.

Edited by Riley Freeman
  • Confused 1

@Download-Fritz or Anybody, Do you know by any chance why I’ve got a good 5 second hang before loading into OpenCanopy (like I was using the debug version) and once it loads into the bootpicker the keyboard is lagging really badly and I can’t use the mouse if I try to activate it via the plist or via a driver? (Once big sur loads all lag has gone and the mouse is fine)

im guessing it’s all connected but I’m all out of ideas.

this is using a Gigabyte X570 Pro with a Ryzen 5900x, 

it’s the only obvious problem I have left with the build so if anyone knows what’s the problem then please do help and tell.  :)

opencore-2020-12-08-210658.txt.zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Where precisely does it point to? Sounds like your FW is completely borked.

The OpenCore entry I wrote via Clover points to the EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi file on my Hackintosh disk. I have three disks in this machine. One boots Windows 10 and the other boots OpenCore. When OpenCore fails to call up the picker it then boots Windows.

The problem is that even after a full reflash of my BIOS I still can't boot an OpenCore USB stick. I used Clover because writing the OpenCore entry via bcfg didn't work with the OpenCore Shell. It didn't give me an entry in my bios boot menu while the Clover one did. I'll reflash and try again without using Clean NVRAM from the picker and see if that might somehow be a factor.

I already had Bootprotect set to None before the update to 0.6.4. RequestBootVarRouting was enabled.

I reflashed the BIOS again and started out with a OpenCore 0.6.3 folder. Turned off SecureBootModel just in case and started out with the built-in picker before restoring the graphical one and re-enabling SecureBootModel=Default. I managed to get OC 0.6.3 to boot again and then updated successfully to 0.6.4.

Cleaning NVRAM before booting into 0.6.4 for the first time wipes out the UEFI boot entries obviously but only the Windows one gets re-detected. The UEFI implementation on this board is probably not the greatest. So I added it back again via Clover's UEFI shell. I'm not sure what's up with OpenCore's UEFI shell but it must be looking in the wrong place for the UEFI boot entries as bcfg boot dump finds nothing whereas the same command in Clover finds any existing entries. And as I mentioned above, any entry written via bcfg boot add in OpenCore's shell isn't visible in the UEFI boot menu or in bcfg boot dump from Clover's shell.

Anyway, panic over!

As a quick update my X79 updated without a hitch. I disabled BootProtect, rebooted and then updated the OC files. After cleaning NVRAM the boot entry was recreated on restart and I was back in business. So it was just the Z68 that had issues.

Edited by Riley Freeman

2 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

The OpenCore entry I wrote via Clover points to the EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi file on my Hackintosh disk. I have three disks in this machine. One boots Windows 10 and the other boots OpenCore. When OpenCore fails to call up the picker it then boots Windows.

The problem is that even after a full reflash of my BIOS I still can't boot an OpenCore USB stick. I used Clover because writing the OpenCore entry via bcfg didn't work with the OpenCore Shell. It didn't give me an entry in my bios boot menu while the Clover one did. I'll reflash and try again without using Clean NVRAM from the picker and see if that might somehow be a factor.

I already had Bootprotect set to None before the update to 0.6.4. RequestBootVarRouting was enabled.

Consider using grub2 as your main boot loader and chainloading macOS.

• Sad 1

I've successfully updated to 0.6.4. OCValidate checks out new config.plist. Sanity checker hasn’t been updated to 0.6.4 yet.

My issue is I no longer see my Windows SSD at boot. Have I missed some new setting?

FIXED:

I had to set Scan Policy to 0

Edited by pkdesign
FIXED
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

I reflashed the BIOS again and started out with a OpenCore 0.6.3 folder. Turned off SecureBootModel just in case and started out with the built-in picker before restoring the graphical one and re-enabling SecureBootModel=Default. I managed to get OC 0.6.3 to boot again and then updated successfully to 0.6.4.

Cleaning NVRAM before booting into 0.6.4 for the first time wipes out the UEFI boot entries obviously but only the Windows one gets re-detected. The UEFI implementation on this board is probably not the greatest. So I added it back again via Clover's UEFI shell. I'm not sure what's up with OpenCore's UEFI shell but it must be looking in the wrong place for the UEFI boot entries as bcfg boot dump finds nothing whereas the same command in Clover finds any existing entries. And as I mentioned above, any entry written via bcfg boot add in OpenCore's shell isn't visible in the UEFI boot menu or in bcfg boot dump from Clover's shell.

With requestBootVarRouting enabled, OpenCore will only expose boot options as it sees it. So you aren't seeing your UEFI's boot options when using UEFI shell through OpenCore, but what OpenCore sees afaik. If you want to mess with your UEFI boot stuff, don't boot the shell through OpenCore. It's part of the boot protection stuff I think. If I'm wrong about it, I'll gladly be corrected.

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 1

Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of the experts could summarize here the key settings / parameters in the OpenCore config file to boot Windows 10 in OpenCore menu. I followed the Dortania guide to achieve Windows 10 boot in OC but I only get a spinning wheel in a black screen in which the computer remain stuck.

• Sad 1

On 12/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, Stefanalmare said:

"Starting OpenCore.efi

Using load options ' '

context <Playchime>!"

Any idea what is it?

I also get this. I don't understand it and I can't get rif of it. Very annoying. I downgraded OC to 0.6.3 and it went away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bongas said:

I also get this. I don't understand it and I can't get rif of it. Very annoying. I downgraded OC to 0.6.3 and it went away. 

They changed the TYPE for PlayChime from BOOLEAN to STRING.

So....you have to do the same in your config.plist using your favourite PLIST editor.....very simple.

• Like 3