OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, cyrhex said:

how to debug?

Every release has a "DEBUG" package: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases/tag/0.6.2

9 minutes ago, cyrhex said:

where is the location of this securebootmodel?

Both questions are answered in the docs: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/0.6.2/Docs/Configuration.pdf

12.4 Debugging, 8.5 Secuirty Property (14. SecureBootModel)

Both PDF and config.plist can be full-text searched (CTRL+F), please make use of it.

Debugging is no longer necessary, replace the value and it will boot.

10 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Every release has a "DEBUG" package: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases/tag/0.6.2

Both questions are answered in the docs: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/0.6.2/Docs/Configuration.pdf

12.4 Debugging, 8.5 Secuirty Property (14. SecureBootModel)

Both PDF and config.plist can be full-text searched (CTRL+F), please make use of it.

Debugging is no longer necessary, replace the value and it will boot.

thnx for the help,,i have found it,hs and catalina was booting now on OC .6.2

• Like 2

I get the following in my system log. Haven't any issue with my computer working but wanted to ask the question as to why I might be getting these. I have no clue what they mean.

(IONVMeFamily) <IONVMeFamily`IONVMeDebugAssert> AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data )
(Lilu) Lilu   patcher: @ failed to solve __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController17IsTypeCOnlySystemEv, err 2
(Lilu) WhateverGreen      igfx: @ failed to route IsTypeCOnlySystem

Hello OpenCore developers

First of all thank you for the serious work you do in growing your bootloader

I wanted to ask you if it was possible in opencore to limit the number of cores / threads as the Instruments function of Xcode allows as attached image, perhaps using a bootarg?

cpus=32 thanks @gengik84 to help me for this..

thank you

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 18.14.33.png

Edited by Guest

Hi there, after updating to opencore 6.3 , when repairing permissions with Hackintool app it shows the following message in both catalina and bigsur, am i doing something wrong ?

Sample of kexts message:

chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/sv.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/sv.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/cs.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/cs.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/cs.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/no.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/no.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/no.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/hu.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/hu.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/hu.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_HK.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_HK.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_HK.lproj: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/tr.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/tr.lproj/IACLocalizable.strings: Operation not permitted
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin/Contents/Resources/tr.lproj: Operation not permitted

Waiting a reply, thanks

11 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hi there, after updating to opencore 6.3 , when repairing permissions with Hackintool app it shows the following message in both catalina and bigsur, am i doing something wrong ?

Sample of kexts message:

Waiting a reply, thanks

Hi @PC IT Post your issue in Hackintool topic or directly Hackintool GitHub repo issues section.

@Download-Fritz @vit9696

I can't build latest commit 5ea8757. No problem with commit 68dbdcd

Please, what is the solution.

hint: Waiting for your editor to close the file... 
Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/acidanthera/audk

# Please enter a commit message to explain why this merge is necessary,
# especially if it merges an updated upstream into a topic branch.
#
# Lines starting with '#' will be ignored, and an empty message aborts
# the commit.
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
"~/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/.git/MERGE_MSG" 7L, 288C

10 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Matgen84 To be honest, I'm clueless how this can happen - did you accidentially commit to the AUDK subrepo? Please upload the output of

git log > log.txt

from within the AUDK directory.

The issue should be gone if you clone fresh from the OC repo.

@Download-Fritz Done log.txt attached. Tell me what do you think. Please

You're right, the issue should be gone if I clone fresh from the OC repo. But I wonder why this issue is happened.

log.txt

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, joot said:

Anyone done Opencore on a Dell XPS 15 9560 ?  And get it to work?  I've been trying for two weeks with no results.

Have a look to Dortinia Guide for Laptop Kabylake. This github repository for 9570 (coffee lake) can be used as a working base: Dell XPS 9570

Hello

I've  AIO PC - Dell inspiron 2350 

and I've installed Catalina 10.15.17 using OPENCORE 0.6.2 debug version

and everything is going good with drivers 

• Audio: ALC668 - Working ( working alc Layout id: 20 )
  • iGPU: HD4600 - Working
  • Ethernet: RTL 8111 - Working
  • Bluetooth: Working
  • Wireless: Not working
  • Touch screen: Not working

So I'm trying to enable Boot-chime with AudioDxe as explained here

So, after following this tuts and after the first restart of the pc

it hangs for about 1:45 minute on this screen 

IMG_7660.thumb.jpg.c53b98312ba10962eb0a6b7d03065f17.jpg

PS : if I removed AudioDxe driver this screen ^ loads in less than a second then boot to os

Then it loads normally to the OS

But No Boot Chime Sound

After checking opencore debug file I found this part

106:823 00:001 OCAU: System volume is 68 (calculated from 48) - Success
106:824 00:001 OCAU: Matching PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)...
106:825 00:001 OCAU: 1/1 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000) (0 outputs) - Success
106:826 00:001 OCAU: Cannot find specified audio device - Not Found
106:827 00:001 OC: Audio connection failed - Not Found

So I've no clue what to do next !!!

I'm attaching a Screenshot from config.plist and IORegistryExplorer and gfxutility side by side showing why I'm choosing this edits

689666430_ScreenShot2020-10-14at11_21_30AM.thumb.png.d2c524a058f93e28252beacccf95369c.png

PS: I've tried AudioOut 0,1,2,3 - same results

And also I'm attaching config.plist file and opencore-2020-10-14-090509.txt debug file

So... what I miss here !!!!?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@AlvinGenius I have looked at your config.plist and made a few suggestion with this pic, take a look and hope it helps.

Reveal hidden contents

136858323_Screenshot2020-10-14at11_14_29.thumb.png.95de3e1639b777e05f402f4cd39d1805.png

Hello @eSaf

Thanks for your reply

and I'm attaching SS from Hackintool. and regarding ur suggestions, DONE :thumbsup_anim:

Please check them and let me know where's the issue!

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 2.26.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 2.27.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 2.27.52 PM.png

@AlvinGenius - That is strange, your PCIe entry is correct as shown in your pic, but having another look at your config.plist I noticed a possible error as shown in this pic. Change the value I indicated to 0 (zero) save the change, reboot and clean the NVRAM and hopefully should be fixed along with my earlier recommendations. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.  

PS Turn your volume down before you restart incase you blow your speakers. :lol:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 16.49.26.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@AlvinGenius - That is strange, your PCIe entry is correct as shown in your pic, but having another look at your config.plist I noticed a possible error as shown in this pic. Change the value I indicated to 0 (zero) save the change, reboot and clean the NVRAM and hopefully should be fixed along with my earlier recommendations. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.  

PS Turn your volume down before you restart incase you blow your speakers. :lol:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 16.49.26.png

Hello @eSaF

Thanks again for your reply

But I've said that already in my thread, I've tried 0,1,2 and 3 with no luck

I might have an clue what's wrong here !!

in config.plist I'm only using HD4600 iGPU, and this PC have a dGPU: AMD Radeon HD 8690A

So i've used the the other multimedia controller HDAE Device path that I found in Hackintool and put it in 

config.plist> UFEI > Audio > AudioDevice 

and added it too in DeviceProperties section using Open Configurator!! and I made a restart

and still stuck at this watchdog debug screen for 1 min and no Boot sound, and when I checked the opencore debug txt file I didn't found the "Audio connection failed - not found " error 

so maybe the boot chime audio should go through dGPU that's why I stuck in watchdog  debug and no sound !

Edited by AlvinGenius

On 10/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, ghost8282 said:

If this the expected behavior, "Disabled" should be less secure than "Default", but booting from the snapshot (SecureBootModel=Disabled) isn't more secure than booting from /? Shouldn't be the opposite (Disabled/Default) or am I missing something?

This was "fixed" by apple in beta 10 :(

Now booting with SecureBootModel=Default returns kernel panic, "not possible to boot from the live fs in a release build".

Pity, it was good to be able to switch from snapshot to live fs with a config change only; I hope in the opencore magic to be able to do it again :P

Edited by ghost8282

@AlvinGenius - In that case I am out of ideas to effect a fix. The only thing I can suggest is try to source another member with the same platform and ask for help. Use Google there must be some successful builds on AIO PC - Dell inspiron 2350 out there I'm sure. Good luck.

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

@AlvinGenius - In that case I am out of ideas to effect a fix. The only thing I can suggest is try to source another member with the same platform and ask for help. Use Google there must be some successful builds on AIO PC - Dell inspiron 2350 out there I'm sure. Good luck.

@eSaF Thanks for your reply

So, no way to enable only audio from AMD Radeon HD 8690A.?

Even while using this screen as HDMI In from another PC, the audio isn't working in the other PC windows and it's AMD audio ...!!