OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, joevt said:

In the EFI Shell, does the NVMe or SATA or whatever controller that is in the Thunderbolt drive exist in the list of PCI devices? If not, then you need some different BIOS settings or a new EFI Thunderbolt driver that someone would have to create. It's possible the flashed ROM that makes it work better for macOS stops it from working with EFI or Windows.

The disk is not showing up in Shell so obviously there is a driver problem. The disk is visible and readable in Windows without installed original THB driver from Gigabyte. Thunderbolt is disabled in Bios and THB-header on mobo unconnected with jumpered pins 3 to 5 on the two THB cards..

Edited by obus

1 hour ago, Emanuele-1998 said:

Yes I have and have CSR-active in FF0F0000 but the same

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry my bad.

I mean you have to ENABLE SIP to get the updates.

Try 00000000 in csr-active-config.

Edited by obus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, obus said:

Sorry my bad.

I mean you have to ENABLE SIP to get the updates.

Try 00000000 in car-active-config.

Yes - I was wondering about your previous solution that SIP should be disabled. SIP should be enabled just like on real Macs, even though we are talking about Hacks, the conditions are created to emulate/imitate the behaviour of real Macs.

• Like 1

Yes - I was wondering about your previous solution that SIP should be disabled. SIP should be enabled just like on real Macs, even though we are talking about Hacks, the conditions are created to emulate/imitate the behaviour of real Macs.

Yes but for me the problem is other e2848197c3b7d266301df73ae026fb6a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  • Confused 2

Hi,

In the attempt to update big sur from beta 8 to beta 9 with a sealed system, SIP and authenticated-root enabled I received the error "Download failed, check your internet connection".

I noticed that the error was due to not booting from a snapshot, in fact sudo mount -uw / returned error 77 instead of error 66, as it happens if booting from a snapshot.

Changing in opencore config SecureBootModel from Default to Disabled solved all the issues, the system booted from the snapshot, mounting / in read/write returned error 66 and update to beta 9 worked without any problem.

I read in other discussions that on supported mac a large amount of users solved their update issues with increasing security in recovery through the startup security utility.

However I'm understanding (and sorry if I'm wrong) that in my case I'm decreasing security by changing from Default to Disabled: is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

PS: wouldn't be better to set the SecureBootModel to Disabled in the sample.plist? For sure you have valid reasons to set it to Default, I'm just trying to understand.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Thanks 1

Hi. does anybody have a hint why OC won't start macOS installer.

First part of installation goes fine but after reboot it fails to boot.

OC config is working perfectly with Catalina 10.15.7

Screenshot_2020-09-29-19-44-08-696_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

I recently enabled FileVault2 on my 10.15.7 Hackintosh. Everything is working smoothly there with one big caveat: After entering the password in the preboot environment it boots into macOS where the Desktop background is broken (see attached screenshot). It doesn't stretch the whole screen and just stays in the upper left corner. Changing the desktop background has no effect at all. It stays this way.

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6

i9-9900K

Radeon 5700XT (using agdpmod=pikera)

SMBIOS iMac19,1

OpenCore 0.6.1

LG Ultrafine 5K (I suspect that the high resolution might be the cause of the problem)

Any ideas how to prevent that from happening?

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 17.33.47.png

config.plist

Edited by r!ppz

14 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

Should I remove 

BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext If I'm using ExtendBTFeatureFlags=True ?

It's written:

[BT4LEContinuityFixup](https://github.com/acidanthera/BT4LEContinuityFixup) | Superseded by [OpenCore](https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg) quirk named `ExtendBTFeatureFlags`

On 9/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, ghost8282 said:

Hi,

In the attempt to update big sur from beta 8 to beta 9 with a sealed system, SIP and authenticated-root enabled I received the error "Download failed, check your internet connection".

I noticed that the error was due to not booting from a snapshot, in fact sudo mount -uw / returned error 77 instead of error 66, as it happens if booting from a snapshot.

Changing in opencore config SecureBootModel from Default to Disabled solved all the issues, the system booted from the snapshot, mounting / in read/write returned error 66 and update to beta 9 worked without any problem.

I read in other discussions that on supported mac a large amount of users solved their update issues with increasing security in recovery through the startup security utility.

However I'm understanding (and sorry if I'm wrong) that in my case I'm decreasing security by changing from Default to Disabled: is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

PS: wouldn't be better to set the SecureBootModel to Disabled in the sample.plist? For sure you have valid reasons to set it to Default, I'm just trying to understand.

@vit9696 @Download-Fritz @Andrey1970

Sorry to tag you directly, any thoughs about this?

If this the expected behavior, "Disabled" should be less secure than "Default", but booting from the snapshot (SecureBootModel=Disabled) isn't more secure than booting from /? Shouldn't be the opposite (Disabled/Default) or am I missing something?

Spoiler

SecureBootModel Disabled

Disabled.png.18443b9ae2e694cf55861cf206d45356.png.c9ea9c3a3e17d4d8d4bec7174be3068b.png

SecureBootModel Default

Default.png.106b705b4f16a2b03aac1697b4ee6128.png.7f8b2b68e9c041b7f5d8c7107e3a3d02.png

Edited by ghost8282

@ghost8282 Sorry, I missed that post. To be honest, I've seen both things happen so far, increasing and decreasing security fixing updates. I don't think we'll look into it much till GM is out, as it might just as well be an Apple bug. If you have issues with GM once it is out, please ping again.

Edited by Download-Fritz
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, kmsn said:

high Sierra 10.13.6   Processor 2.39 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

config.plist

Hi guys,
I have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M with Processor: Intel Core i5 Speed: 2.39 GHz and all work fine with Clover but I would like to switch to Opencore due to better stability and some premium features so I created an EFI folder that follows Dortania's guides and I'm stuck close to IOConsole users: gIOScreenLock so I know this is a GPU related issue.
In Clover, I only use the InjectNvidia tag but I don't know how to duplicate that in the Opencore configuration
  Thank you for your help

KH’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Edited by kmsn

OC 0.62 officially released :)  

• * Updated builtin firmware versions for SMBIOS and the rest
  • * Added ProcessorType option to Generic allowing custom CPU names
  • * Fixed UnblockFsConnect option not working with APFS JumpStart
  • * Added IA32 binary variant to the release bundles
  • * Fixed improper handling of cacheless kexts without an Info.plist
  • * Fixed improper calculation of kext startup address for blocking
  • * Added mkext 32-bit kext injection (10.4-10.6)
  • * Added cacheless 32-bit kext injection (10.4-10.7)
  • * Added 32-bit kernel/kext patching/blocking support
  • * Fixed issues loading 10.7 EfiBoot
  • * Added Type to ReservedMemory to fulfil hibernation hack needs
  • * Added workaround to displaying Preboot instead of Macintosh HD
  • * Added prelinkedkernel 32-bit kext injection (10.6-10.7)
  • * Added SystemMemoryStatus to override memory replacement on some models
  • * Added older Pentium CPU recognition in SMBIOS
  • * Added ExtendBTFeatureFlags to properly set FeatureFlags for Bluetooth (which substitutes BT4LEContinuityFixup)
  • * Added MinKernel/MaxKernel to CPUID emulation and DummyPowerManagement
  • * Fixed -legacy not being added in KernelArch Auto mode
  • * Fixed i386-user32 not forcing i386 on macOS 10.7 on X64 firmwares
  • * Fixed i386-user32 being incorrectly enabled in macOS 10.4, 10.5, and 10.7
  • * Disabled prelinked boot for macOS 10.4 and 10.5 in KernelCache Auto mode
  • * Fixed macserial compatibility with iMac20,x serials and other models from 2020
  • * Added LegacyCommpage quirk to improve pre-SSSE3 userspace compatibility
  • * Fixed legacy SATA HDDs displaying as external drives in the picker
  •  

Edited by Blu24
  • Like 3

After upgrade to 0.62 a small line appears before showing picker or Apple Logo. It's too fast to read. Is there a quirk I should have changed with the upgrade?

Edit: I think I have found it myself in the samples: <key>LegacyCommpage</key> needs to be added.

Edit 2: Still a line at startup.

Edited by Planet X
Find solution

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

@maxb2000 KeySupport and OpenUsbKbDxe are not to be used together, read the docs

Hi,

Now, I tried both, separately, but still not working.

With OpenUsbKbDxe but KeySupport set to false and without OpenUsbKbDxe and KeySupport set to true.

The TakeoffDelay I set it at 50000 but nothing

Edited by maxb2000