OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Transitioned to new build. (in sig)
Deep sleep is not working and WOL is not working. Other than that, all good.
csr-active-config is set to FF0F0000 by original config author, don't know why. I'll test with 00000000.
If somebody can check this info on boot, I think ProcessorType shouldn't be unknown:

Spoiler

IMG_20200918_115206.thumb.jpg.60ca45d8b70245099ec43f447b6f58a5.jpg

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my OpenCore 0.6.2 when I try to use the new AirportItlwm:

88:300 00:023 OCAK: Dependency com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family was not found for kext com.zxystd.AirportItlwm
88:372 00:072 OCAK: Vtable patching failed for kext com.zxystd.AirportItlwm
88:391 00:019 OC: Prelinked injection AirportItlwm.kext () - Invalid Parameter

Should I make a clean install or what is the reason for that dependency not being there ?

Thanks.

Laptop: HP EliteBook 840 G2

OpenCore: 0.6.2 from commit: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/d3cf117c8661a4eda1863ca1fcdfae5c277974db 

Wi-Fi: Intel AC 7265

// SOLVED: needed SecureBootModel: Default in config.plist

Edited by maxb2000

I need some help, no I need heelp

anybody?

updates go through install process but fail to actually update? could this be due to security settings? opencore 61 could anyone take a look and let me know what the settings should be in opencore 61 inc is a picture. No animals where hurt during the production of this message

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 19.02.13.png

config.plist.zip

I had the sound crakling on High Sierra. Setup is OpenCore 0.6.1 with AppleALC (and Lilu, VirtualSMC of course)

I checked : my HPET is fine, no Irq conflict. Power management working.

After a long research, trial and error, I found that I have to set PlatformInfo/UpdateDataHub to true to get a correct sound.

Does anyone know the connection between PlatformInfo/UpdateDataHub and AppleALC ?

• Thanks 2

change from opencore 0.6.1 to opencore 0.6.2

shows no boot options when opencore 0.6.1 worked

trying to find the correct settings for DMGLoading currently set at any and secure boot set to default does not work, setting secure boot to disabled 

does not load opencore bootloader.

Motherboard Asrock 390 

cpu intel 9900k

tried to use the checking utilitie but bigsur blocks it when run via terminal

config.plist.zip

8 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

change from opencore 0.6.1 to opencore 0.6.2

shows no boot options when opencore 0.6.1 worked

trying to find the correct settings for DMGLoading currently set at any and secure boot set to default does not work, setting secure boot to disabled 

does not load opencore bootloader.

Motherboard Asrock 390 

cpu intel 9900k

tried to use the checking utilitie but bigsur blocks it when run via terminal

config.plist.zip

Hi @fuzzylogic set DMGLoading to Signed. ProtectSecureBoot = false, SecurebootModel = Disabled. Have a look to Dortinia Guide Coffe Lake section Complete your config.plist with Differences.pdf if needed. For example for your config.plist, Processortype = 0 is missing in Generic section.
Imac19,1 SMBIOS is recommended for your config instead of macpro7,1.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Good afternoon, Matgen84, please excuse me for a possibly stupid question. Which Processortype would you recommend to me? the fact is that when loading the OC, a message appears about Processortype = 0 is missing in Generic section . It's not critical, but it's a little annoying. I haven't found any information yet. Thanks

Edited by Антико
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Антико said:

a message appears about Processortype = 0 is missing in Generic section

ProcessorType = 0 is always recommended in 99,9% cases, with Automatic = true

You are missing ProcessorType in the generic section of your config.plist

<key>PlatformInfo</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Automatic</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Generic</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ProcessorType</key>
			<integer>0</integer>

• Like 2

On Dorian install Guide for Coffee Lake it is written:

EnableWriteUnprotector: NO
This quirk and RebuildAppleMemoryMap can commonly conflict, recommended to enable the latter on newer platforms and disable this entry.

Who can tell me if it is also recommended to disable RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions as well when I cannot disable EnableWriteUnprotector? When I disable EnableWriteUnprotector I can't boot anymore. So it seems to be needed on my Z370 Prime-A board. Even with the latest BIOS. What can be the reason that I cannot disable it even when it's stated on the Guide that I should disable it? Please help.

12 minutes ago, Planet X said:

Who can tell me if it is also recommended to disable RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions as well when I cannot disable EnableWriteUnprotector? When I disable EnableWriteUnprotector I can't boot anymore. So it seems to be needed on my Z370 Prime-A board. Even with the latest BIOS. What can be the reason that I cannot disable it even when it's stated on the Guide that I should disable it? Please help.

don't disable it
who writes guides, doesn't test the things he writes about all the available hardware
if you have to enable that quirks to start, that's fine.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Planet X said:

On Dorian install Guide for Coffee Lake it is written:

EnableWriteUnprotector: NO
This quirk and RebuildAppleMemoryMap can commonly conflict, recommended to enable the latter on newer platforms and disable this entry.

The troubleshooting section touches on this - it depends on if the firmware has MATs support or not. If it does, then you need SyncRuntimePermissions and RebuildAppleMemoryMap, otherwise you need EnableWriteUnprotector. We can make generalities about what most motherboard firmwares will do for a given generation, but it can always differ between brands and bios versions. So go with what works.

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @fuzzylogic set DMGLoading to Signed. ProtectSecureBoot = false, SecurebootModel = Disabled. Have a look to Dortinia Guide Coffe Lake section Complete your config.plist with Differences.pdf if needed. For example for your config.plist, Processortype = 0 is missing in Generic section.
Imac19,1 SMBIOS is recommended for your config instead of macpro7,1.

Good luck :)

Thanks that solved my problem setting DMG to signed,

thanks once again

• Like 1

Hey guys I am trying to get full resolution on OC boot loader screen on my below laptop previously I was using clover where I was using PatchVBios option to get full resolution (1366) on clover boot screen without of that I got 1024 (Stretch Apple logo while boot)

PS:- I am getting 1024 resolution on OC hence while booting MacOS my pale logo got stretch once booted everything is work fine.

HP DV6 6121TX

Intel HD 3000 non metal (i7 2630QM)

AMD 6770M 2GB disable from Bios

8GB ram and 128 SSD + 1TB HDD 

recent update to opencore 0.6.2 from 0.6.1 issue cannot open security and Privacy it returns an error, the error reads that there is a preferences error, if anyone would be so kind as to have a look at my config file, probably around security? my motherboard is an Asrock 390 with intel processor 9900k

nvme samsung

config.plist.zip

any one knows how to hide EFI partition in boot picker ?

I try 

<key>HideSelf</key>
 <false/>

Not working

<key>HideSelf</key>
 <true/>

Not working

thanks in advance

Edited by chris1111

Help with audio settings is required. After replacing the Board, there were problems with the sound. I can't configure it for 3 days. If I specify Layout(any), the system load stops at "IO Console Users: gIOScreenLock...". What could be the reason? Thanks.1456884342_2020-09-2414_50_54.thumb.png.8933a07b0a05fb76974e1e2771854337.png

Edited by Антико

13 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

ScanPolicy : 65795 will hide HFS partitions , make it 0 during installation process or if you are using any HFS system 

Ok EFI is hide now but also Windows and USB install Drive . Any solution again :D

• Sad 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:26 PM, ghost8282 said:

edk2-OVMF stable 202008 released 5 days ago works good with opencore!

mmm..not really...with BigSur there seem to be issues with SIP, it was not possible to have status "enabled" or "disabled", always "unknown" even if all the entries were listed as "enabled" or "disabled".

This also prevented the update from beta 7 to beta 8 and from beta 6 to beta 8.

Copying back OVMF_CODE.fd and OVMF_VARS.fd from stable 202005 solved all these issues.

• Like 1