OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Yes, I should be more clear about this: by not supported I didn't mean it doesn't boot.

The mentioned site above has some list of issues about AMD.

strange talk this, certainly an AMD ZEN2 build has no problems higher than one with Z390 and the much touted gigabytes that I consider one of the worst hardware brands

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

strange talk this, certainly an AMD ZEN2 build has no problems higher than one with Z390 and the much touted gigabytes that I consider one of the worst hardware brands

I think this refers only to cpu, not cpu+motherboard, but I agree with you.

18 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Well, as @Pavo said, this is simply untrue. Infact, at the current time OpenCore is the only recommended way to boot AMD. What Acidanthera and Dortania understand by support is validation.

May I ask if @ dortania's site is validated from Opencore devs from which bios (more than bios maybe Agesa version I think) and OpenCore is it possible to have a TRX40 working now?

I am asking because I have read this on Dortania guide.

Thank you

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 4.27.30 PM.png

Edited by Guest
added image

I know and my question was related to this your statement here :

Well, as @Pavo said, this is simply untrue. Infact, at the current time OpenCore is the only recommended way to boot AMD. What Acidanthera and Dortania understand by support is validation.

the question is about the statement (wrong) that Trx40 works with opencore for a new BIOS

I have had tested with the same bios we tested before (if you remember) and with OpenCOre 0.61 available now.

So changement in my case is (thank for this) due to OpenCore improvement 

No polemics ;)

Edited by Guest
we---->with

15 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Yes, AMD OS X people recommend OpenCore. Acidanthera does not support AMD nevertheless. What is the question?

the question is, why do you commit to hardware from 10 years ago and beyond to be able to start old versions of macOS, where it would be enough to chameleon-enoch-clover, and not instead recent AMD hardware?
I understand that apple has never used amd, but it has never even used certain intel hardware with which so many assemble hacks.

• Like 2

Hi, I would like to rename one of my Windows 10 drives as it appears in open picker. I was using the method detailed HERE adding the .contentDetails file with the name I want. I have Misc/Boot/PickerMode: External and Misc/Boot/PickerAttributes: 1 and I'm using 0.6.1, here is the file on the Windows Drive I want to rename:

480701079_Screenshot2020-09-15at20_09_21.png.0a2c8509b8387895e9febce23eadebeb.png

I've attached my config.plist, very grateful if anyone can help. This method was working for me previously but I reverted back to Clover from OC 0.5.8, now returned to OC 0.6.1 perhaps this method doesn't work anymore?

config.plist.zip

Edited by Humanate

After that I used DSDT.aml self-created, but the sound is missing.

After that, I used the custom built DSDT.aml, but it turned out that the sound was gone.

Anyone who has experience, please advise.Anyone who has experience, please advise.

Screen Shot 2563-09-16 at 15.40.40.png

catalina with mojave will not have any sound problems.catalina with mojave will not have any sound problems.
note? Headphone audio through the USB port does not work.

Audio headset via the USB port does not work.

ภาพหน้าจอ 2563-09-16 เวลา 17.10.08.png

ภาพหน้าจอ 2563-09-16 เวลา 17.29.57.png

[mention]naiclub [/mention] next time edit your post instead of double posting.

Also it will help to post your files for someone to look at.

No sound and gpu showing 4mb.

Are you using latest Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen?

Using correct framebuffer?

Is your graphics supported on big sur?

What audio codec?

What layouts have you tried?

Sanity checked your config?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

[mention]naiclub [/mention] next time edit your post instead of double posting.
Also it will help to post your files for someone to look at.
No sound and gpu showing 4mb.
Are you using latest Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen?
What audio codec?
What layouts have you tried?
Sanity checked your config?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using latest Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen? Are you using latest Lilu, AppleALC and Whatevergreen?
This section I took from olarila.com and I don't know if it is a new version or not.

As you mentioned above, I did nothing but DSDT.aml.

• Confused 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:10 PM, ameenjuz said:

@Andrey1970 i put it .VolumeIcon.icns into root volume for custom macOS Installer but didn't show macOS Installer Icon in GUI 

such like this

gui.png

I was having this problem and found a document stating this:

"

Current OpenCore values include:

• 0x0001  OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON, provides custom icons for boot entries:

For Tools OpenCore will try to load a custom icon and fallback to the default icon:

• ResetNVRAM  Resources\Image\ResetNVRAM.icns  ResetNVRAM.icns from icons directory.
    • Tools\<TOOL_RELATIVE_PATH>.icns — icon near the tool file with appended .icns extension.

For custom boot Entries OpenCore will try to load a custom icon and fallback to the volume icon or the default icon:

• <ENTRY_PATH>.icns — icon near the entry file with appended .icns extension.

For all other entries OpenCore will try to load a volume icon and fallback to the default icon:

• .VolumeIcon.icns file at Preboot root for APFS.
    • .VolumeIcon.icns file at volume root for other filesystems.

Volume icons can be set in Finder. Note, that enabling this may result in external and internal icons to be indistinguishable.

• 0x0002  OC_ATTR_USE_DISK_LABEL_FILE, provides custom rendered titles for boot entries:
    • .disk_label (.disk_label_2x) file near bootloader for all filesystems.
    • <TOOL_NAME>.lbl (<TOOL_NAME>.l2x) file near tool for Tools.

Prerendered labels can be generated via disklabel utility or bless command. When disabled or missing text labels (.contentDetails or .disk_label.contentDetails) are to be rendered instead.

• 0x0004  OC_ATTR_USE_GENERIC_LABEL_IMAGE, provides predefined label images for boot entries without custom entries. May give less detail for the actual boot entry.
  • 0x0008  OC_ATTR_USE_ALTERNATE_ICONS, changes used icon set to an alternate one if it is supported. For example, this could make a use of old-style icons with a custom background colour."

So if you put them in the Preboot volume then all works fine.

See details at https://dortania.github.io/docs/release/Configuration.html#x1-43008x4     -> PickerAttributes section

I have an IvyBridge Laptop here that works with OC 0.5.9 but not with release 0.6.1. It stops after Watchdog, so the picker does not start. If anyone has an idea what it could be, please give me a hint. See also the log. Thanks.

opencore-2020-09-17-203448.txt.zip

The HfsPlus.efi prevents this Laptop from booting. @Acidanthera team, is there a solution? It is the one from the OcBinaryData.

Edited by wern apfel
Issue found