OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2020 at 7:37 PM, BALDY_MAN said:

You need to sort a hardware. signature.out knowone can help if we don't know what ya hardware is

You don't need to know my hardware setup to tell me that. All you have to do is tell me what I need do to enable/disable various options before compiling OpenCore. A lot of projects use a ./configure command, for example. What does OpenCore use?

2 minutes ago, Melab said:

You don't need to know my hardware setup to tell me that. All you have to do is tell me what I need do to enable/disable various options before compiling OpenCore. A lot of projects use a ./configure command, for example. What does OpenCore use?

The general consensus is other members would have a better idea if they know what you specs are and point you in the right direction to answer your query, but posting retorts such as...........'You don't need to know my hardware setup to tell me that'........ maybe seen as hostile and ignore your post. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

Just now, MacNB said:

What is wrong is that you have not specified what you are trying to achieve and why.

Consider: Does a person need to know someone's hardware setup to tell them that they configure a Linux build by running "make menuconfig"? If not (and they don't), then someone can tell me whether I configure an OpenCore build by editing a configuration file, running a command with particular options that define macros, or whatever.

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

The general consensus is other members would have a better idea if they know what you specs are and point you in the right direction to answer your query, but posting retorts such as...........'You don't need to know my hardware setup to tell me that'........ maybe seen as hostile and ignore your post. Hope this helps.

Here's ny answer, then: I haven't decided what my hardware setup is going to be.

2 minutes ago, Melab said:

Consider: Does a person need to know someone's hardware setup to tell them that they configure a Linux build by running "make menuconfig"? If not (and they don't), then someone can tell me whether I configure an OpenCore build by editing a configuration file, running a command with particular options that define macros, or whatever.

You have still not specified what/why you are trying to achieve apart from asking how to build OC.

There are no useful options to build OC.

You simply run ./build_oc.tool. Period.

If you want to configure OC then that is done at run time via config.plist file.

4 minutes ago, Melab said:

Here's ny answer, then: I haven't decided what my hardware setup is going to be.

Ok and completely and honestly without a hint of sarcasm, Good luck with your query.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Jief_Machak I pasted two links for boot-args, the second being "Delete". Once again, please read the docs and especially the pieces I link you, this is all above.

Absolutely, I read that before and it's in my config.list

OpenCore Configuration.pdf is permanently opened on my second screen since a week now...

I ask only when if struggle after I read, documentation, forums...

Will see on Monday. Good weekend.

Am I out of luck with Mojave? I tried to update to 061 from 060. Changed nothing from my previous config except to add missing items:

Security

ApECID = 0

DmgLoading = Signed

EnablePassword = No

ProtocolOverrides

AppleImg4Verification = No

AppleSecureBoot = No

But now at boot I get following:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation

OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!

OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Not sure which of these are wrong or if I need any of them at all.

5 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Am I out of luck with Mojave? I tried to update to 061 from 060. Changed nothing from my previous config except to add missing items:

Security

ApECID = 0

DmgLoading = Signed

EnablePassword = No

ProtocolOverrides

AppleImg4Verification = No

AppleSecureBoot = No

But now at boot I get following:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation

OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!

OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Not sure which of these are wrong or if I need any of them at all.

There's one new entry that I'm not seeing in your list: set Misc/Security/SecureBootModel to "Disabled".

• Thanks 1