OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon all. 

could I have a little help please.

I have at last managed to install.11.0 Beta (20A5364e). but I had to make a new EFI File and change to a iMac 20,2

It runs ok but I have a small problem I would like help with.  (1) when I boot up in Mac the scrolling script is using large type

(2) I would like to add boot up icons. What settings do I need to change in my config.plist to fix the two problems I have

1 hour ago, BALDY_MAN said:

(2) I would like to add boot up icons

If you mean Opencanopy PickerMode=External

If you want to always show ShowPicker=yes

Remember to download fonts/icons from Acidanthera OcBinaryData repository on github and put in the Resources folder in EFI/OC/

You also need opencanopy.efi in /EFI/OC/Drivers/

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 3

@BALDY_MAN Take everything into account as said by @ghost8282 plus have a look at the potion of the config.plist I have attached for you to follow also you can swop out your current Resources Folder the one here and you will have the result like the two examples in the pics. Good luck.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 19.26.12.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

@BALDY_MAN Take everything into account as said by @ghost8282 plus have a look at the potion of the config.plist I have attached for you to follow also you can swop out your current Resources Folder the one here and you will have the result like the two examples in the pics. Good luck.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 19.26.12.png

@ghost8282 &eSaF. thanks for your help. I just needed to add open canopy. now the icons work. but there big size how do I change the resolution to a smaller size

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

@ghost8282 &eSaF. thanks for your help. I just needed to add open canopy. now the icons work. but there big size how do I change the resolution to a smaller size

I am sure I read a post some pages back - or was it in the Big Sur forum - someone with the same problem and one of the Devs, not sure which one whether it was Vit or Fritz offering a suggestion, sorry man not much help but someone will come to your aid with the solution. Good luck.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I am sure I read a post some pages back - or was it in the Big Sur forum - someone with the same problem and one of the Devs, not sure which one whether it was Vit or Fritz offering a suggestion, sorry man not much help but someone will come to your aid with the solution. Good luck.

its cool noticed  in the resolution was a blank string. just changed it to Max sorted thanks again for you help

849550096_Screenshot2020-09-06at21_57_16.png.2396fa6a26991e40ae361c78382c0ebc.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

its cool noticed  in the resolution was a blank string. just changed it to Max sorted thanks again for you help

849550096_Screenshot2020-09-06at21_57_16.png.2396fa6a26991e40ae361c78382c0ebc.png

Nice one :thumbsup_anim:, OC coupled with BS certainly stirs the old grey matter. :lol:

• Haha 2

I am wondering if I need to make a change to my Config.  I  cannot seem to update Big Sur Beta 6.  I am running Beta 5 now.  I get a bios error about AppleUSBLegacyRoot enabling Legacy matching and then it hangs.  I have attached pic of error and also my Config.

Any help appreciated.

Solved:  I updated to OC 0.6.1. and it proceeded to install

IMG_2962.JPG

Edited by bbritton
Solved

13 hours ago, bbritton said:

I am wondering if I need to make a change to my Config.  I  cannot seem to update Big Sur Beta 6.  I am running Beta 5 now.  I get a bios error about AppleUSBLegacyRoot enabling Legacy matching and then it hangs.  I have attached pic of error and also my Config.

Any help appreciated.

config.plist

i had an issue on 2 systems with updating from beta 5 to 6 as i had to do a fresh install so maybe that will give you success

Broadwell-E section on Dortania is not accurate with errors that don't comport with booting Catalina or older,with sanity check or discord talkers Sorry x99 has fallen by the wayside, maybe when the source code comes out we can examine iopcifamily in BigSur. Not getting a new system for this glitch

IMG_0136.jpeg

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

I happened with the previous disc and now it has happened to me with this one 
I have a delay from the bios image room until the opencore menu appears. 
the delay could be 15 seconds or more with opencore 0.6.1 
and it happened only when I updated the kext with the beta version 0.6.1 beta 
and then with the official one it did not pass my team is a coffe lake 
Edited by kaoskinkae

Hello,

I can't get standby/hibernate working. I started with a preconfigured Clover image I found in a German forum (everything was working right away, except standby/hibernate). Then I switched to OpenCore, using the latest releases from https://github.com/acidanthera/ and configuring according to https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ (same result: everything working fine, except standby/hibernate). I then worked through all possible fixes at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html, especially replacing UsbInjectAll.kext by a user-defined USB mapping (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/), adding the boot parameter igfxonln=1 for an iGPU hinzugefügt, adjusting CPU Power Mapping (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html), creating SSDT-HPET.aml to resolve possible IRQ conflicts, creating SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/smbus.html), as well as ensuring that the preconditions for possible issues with Thunderbolt, NIC, NVMe, Display, NVRAM, RTC, Audio, or TSC are not given. Now I have a perfectly adjusted config and learnt a lot, but the issues with standby/hibernate unfortunately persists.    

The only thing strange I noticed during all that was that the guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#using-cpu-friend didn't work as expected: though I have a Skylake CPU, the second out of three steps (EPP) was skipped in CPUFriendFFriend; and after booting with the generated CPUFriendDataProvider.kext and running CPUFriendFriend again, it still showed the old values as current values. I walked through the Python source of CPUFriendFriend and noticed that it greps the ioreg output of IOPlatformPowerProfile -> FrequencyVectors (hex-encoded binary data) for substrings and partially doesn't find them. As I couldn't find docs for the binary format, I distrusted this approach and switched over to using the ssdtPRGen tool (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#sandy-and-ivy-bridge-power-management) because it meanwhile apparently supports (in contradiction to the guide's heading) also Skylake; that guide then went smoothly.

During all these tries to get it working, macOS once suddenly woke up again from standby. Lots of repetitions showed that it approximately succeeds once in 15 times. Take-away: there's some race condition / timing / probability involved.

Finally, just trying to only hibernate (no standby) using "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25", I made an interesting observation: standby and hibernate one after the other fail with exactly the same kernel panic, whereas the kernel panics otherwise differ. I'd reason from this fact that the probabilistic component of failure/success depends on the state before suspending, not on the process of waking up again. But I can't get any further here. Does someone have an idea?

I'll attach some kernel panics. One can see that it always fails in a similar way, but there are very different stack traces leading there.

kernel-panic.zip

23 hours ago, jmacie said:

Broadwell-E section on Dortania is not accurate with errors that don't comport with booting Catalina or older,with sanity check or discord talkers Sorry x99 has fallen by the wayside, maybe when the source code comes out we can examine iopcifamily in BigSur. Not getting a new system for this glitch

IMG_0136.jpeg

confirm the same problem with my build....shame really... X99 runs so smoothly

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike Ranger said:

confirm the same problem with my build....shame really... X99 runs so smoothly

yes, at least my beating my head against the wall wondering what I was doing wrong for two months is over. There are plenty of x99 people including those Chinese x99 boards that will run up against this and someone will solve it. Who knows maybe someone in Opencore will do us a favor when the source code comes out

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Melab said:

How do you configure OpenCore's build options? This question has gone unanswered by several replies to me.

You need to sort a hardware. signature.out knowone can help if we don't know what ya hardware is

On 8/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, eSaF said:

Actually I had a thought on this as well if the OC Devs could include a way of bypassing the sealing of that volume in BS during installation. I suppose  they would have to circumvent Apple's Security method and then the difficulty to apply such method also what impact it would have on future updates/upgrades etc. I suppose with the on going work load the Devs already have, it is something not necessarily on their radar but would be interesting to hear their thoughts. To be honest I for one is not bothered by the DoNotSeal option, I install BS as is every time and has no problems with the installation every install.

I just disabled the Bootstrap feature in config.plist --> Misc --> BootProtect None.

This feature is supposed to protect your Bios from being modified by other opsyses in a multi boot environment, it works as intended however on my Haswell build it locks me out of my Bios altogether, that is not acceptable to me so I just disabled Bootstrap. On my Skylake build I left it on as it is not as invasive and still allows me to enter Bios for editing.

Edit 1:

This response of mine was not supposed to end up here, when I saved it it found its way here by itself instead of another post by @eSaF. which mysteriously seems to have vanished.

Edit 2: I found it, this post was supposed to be in response to a query by --> On 8/14/2020 at 11:46 AM,  Matgen84  said: and responded to by @eSaF

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Matgen84 said:

@eSaF

I work (test) with several bootloader on my USB key: this is the reason why 'Opencore' show up in BIOS, is annoying for me  (I don't want to use multi-boot because I've got 3 separated disk)

Yes @Matgen84disabling BootProtect - Misc -->Security-->Bootprotect - just change Bootstrap to None, will solve your problem, it is an annoying feature

when one is testing other opsyses outside the control of open core.

Greetings Henties

• Like 1