OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jmacie said:

My Asus x99 pro won't boot OC BigSur install. I did manage to install Catalina and have tried to figure out what is blocking this install. In Dortania BigSir instructions there is an instruction for "some" Asus x299 boards to use a ssdt-rtco for areas Asus didn't write to, in the rtc, that might block booting. I have tried to figure out if my x99 is affected the same way, and I can't figure it out after days of trying and asking. If anyone has an idea of how I might proceed from my Catalina working OC 0.6.0 to BigSur , I appreciate it. It seems most all of us x99ers are stuck in the same spot. Thank you johnm

DSDT.aml

config.plist

Add this hotpatch to your ACPI folder and replace config.plist

SSDT-RTC0-RANGE.aml

config.plist

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

Thank you vi9696, I think my problem is related to weird SIP on TRX40 but I am not be able to reproduce the only time I have had it fully working with open core 060

However thank you for your time

I am using 22nd August 2020 compiled OC 0.6.1 with Aquantia AQN107 and with Beta 5 kext patch for Big Sur. My card is working normally as it did before. 

The only thing to note for everyone is, cards which previously worked in Catalina without kext patch now require it in Big Sur. Apple has changed something in detection. However, external thunderbolt cards are unaffected and continue to work as before. It’s still a beta. Let’s see what happens at the time of final release in October.

8 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Right, if you installed Acquantia driver to /Library/Extensions, you will not be able to patch it when SecureBoot is enabled or on 11.0 at all.

- For 10.15 either set SecureBootModel to Disabled, or install patched Acquantia driver to OpenCore.

- For 11.0 your only option is to inject via OpenCore.

Thanks, so it's a SecureBootModel issue, which is why things seemingly 'broke' in v061 for Aquantia: SecureBootModel was set to 'Default' rather than 'Disabled' (following sample config file).

BTW, I installed no drivers for Aquantia AQC107 as macOS has natively supported it (and, I've only placed kexts in OC/Kexts/ not in /L/E/).

Now Aquantia is working in Big Sur with the patch Pavo showed above and SecureBootModel disabled (no special kexts added).

fabiosun, Pavo: a side benefit is that Shutdown is now working for our bare metal TRX40 build, if selected from the Apple menu (it does not work if Shutdown is selected at the login window). This seems to be repeatable in both Catalina and Big Sur, using OC debug v061 a97b74e.

1409718951_ScreenShot2020-08-24at7_53_41AM.thumb.png.d40e0341dc120dc4b97820eb3b02aa16.png

Edited by iGPU
added Shutdown info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

Add this hotpatch to your ACPI folder and replace config.plist

SSDT-RTC0-RANGE.aml

config.plist

@hardcorehenry Thanks but it does not boot. The patch you sent is the same as on Dortania. I had tried that over and over with changes to my quirks, no luck. That's why I came here to see if @vit9696 or one of the Opencore authors might be able to tell me if this rtc issue extends to the Asus x99 boards as well as the patch for Asus x299. The address for my rtc  is _SB_.PCI0.LPC0.RTC_, not _SB_.PC00.LPC0. I did change it to the correct PCI0,  but it KPs when booting BigSur installer. It will boot to Catalina. I appreciate your help, and maybe someone will see this and we can all go forward. johnm

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jmacie said:

@hardcorehenry Thanks but it does not boot. The patch you sent is the same as on Dortania. I had tried that over and over with changes to my quirks, no luck. That's why I came here to see if @vit9696 or one of the Opencore authors might be able to tell me if this rtc issue extends to the Asus x99 boards as well as the patch for Asus x299. The address for my rtc  is _SB_.PCI0.LPC0.RTC_, not _SB_.PC00.LPC0. I did change it to the correct PCI0,  but it KPs when booting BigSur installer. It will boot to Catalina. I appreciate your help, and maybe someone will see this and we can all go forward. johnm

My bad, in hotpatch PC00 should be replaced with PCI0 rest should be ok. In your config Kernel>Add kext order should be: first Lilu then Lilu plug-ins then the rest(consider adding VirtualSMC plugins(SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext). In PlatformInfo: there shouldn’t be PlatformNVRAM when Automatic YES(see Sample.plist). Assuming in PlatformInfo>Generic everything generated correctly(ROM?). AFAIK NVRAM>Add>rtc-blacklist shouldn’t be empty(fix or remove if not needed). Maybe someone else add something more helpful.

Edited by hardcorehenry

22 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

My bad, in hotpatch PC00 should be replaced with PCI0 rest should be ok. In your config Kernel>Add kext order should be: first Lilu then Lilu plug-ins then the rest(consider adding VirtualSMC plugins(SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext). In PlatformInfo: there shouldn’t be PlatformNVRAM when Automatic YES(see Sample.plist). Assuming in PlatformInfo>Generic everything generated correctly(ROM?). AFAIK NVRAM>Add>rtc-blacklist shouldn’t be empty(fix or remove if not needed). Maybe someone else add something more helpful.

yeah, no. Catalina boots, so the missing rom and other comments are irrelevant. It has to have something to do with the ssdt-rtc, just like the x299s, but I'm no programmer or developer. When Big Sur proper goes live there will be a slew of x99's asking for help on reddit, but for now reddit blocks beta help. I do appreciate you even bothering to help. Good on YOU, take care, johnm

A4DD3255-8D5D-49E6-B31C-4A36F136D1BE_1_105_c.jpeg

22 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

yeah, no. Catalina boots, so the missing rom and other comments are irrelevant. It has to have something to do with the ssdt-rtc, just like the x299s, but I'm no programmer or developer. When Big Sur proper goes live there will be a slew of x99's asking for help on reddit, but for now reddit blocks beta help. I do appreciate you even bothering to help. Good on YOU, take care, johnm

Just now, jmacie said:

A4DD3255-8D5D-49E6-B31C-4A36F136D1BE_1_105_c.jpeg

This looks like the device-id of whatever device this is kping, may have lost support in BigSur. Check the device-ids comparison from the IOPCIFamily kext from Catalina and BigSur.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmacie said:

Thank you @Pavo, I'm attaching info.plists. I don't see device-ids. There are differences, but the differences, lines 38-46, I don't know what to do with. Not like plugging a device-id # in. I appreciate your help, thanks johnm

InfoBigSur.plist

Info.plist

Dont know if it will help but have you tried a CPUID?   This is for Pentiums using IVY bridge ID.  Maybe a Skylake 506E3?   0xe30605zero, zero etc like pictured.   count them its crucial to be correct.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.55.48 PM.png

Hi Devs!

Any known reason why OC 0.6.1 would be borked for 10.13 and/or skylake (Z170)? 0.6.0 is fine, 0.6.1 reboots directly after

"End OpenKernelRootVolume”

Thanks!

EDIT: setting SecureBootModel to Disabled fixed booting. Thanks!

Edited by canyondust
New info

18 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Thank you vi9696, I think my problem is related to weird SIP on TRX40 but I am not be able to reproduce the only time I have had it fully working with open core 060

However thank you for your time

I’m also experiencing this issue, 10.13.6, Nvidia card as well. Reboots at End OpenKernelRootVolume. (If this helps with information)

edit: solved. See previous post.

Edited by canyondust

Hello! My Hackintosh can't boot Big Sur beta 5 with the latest OC 0.6.1 & kexts.
but it can boot Big Sur beta 4 & recovery correctly.
Anybody have ideas to fix this error?

The specs of my Hackintosh:
CPU: i7-7700K
GPU: AMD-R9 270X 2GB
MainBoard: ASUS PRIME Z270-A (BIOS: 1302)

IMG_2519.jpeg.46cb9a027a9b674bc3a8409178fc68be.thumb.jpeg.f45fe2a8ef064ce402e51918438287f9.jpeg

EFI.zip

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi folks,

As far as I am aware the need for ApfsDriverLoader.efi is removed (v0.5.8) but if I remove the driver and entry for it in UEFI/Drivers I cannot boot past the BIOS Splash screen, would anyone have any ideas what I might have done wrong please?

11 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Hi folks,

As far as I am aware the need for ApfsDriverLoader.efi is removed (v0.5.8) but if I remove the driver and entry for it in UEFI/Drivers I cannot boot past the BIOS Splash screen, would anyone have any ideas what I might have done wrong please?

Have you looked on Dortania Guide for IvyBridge Maybe It can help you.

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Have you looked on Dortania Guide for IvyBridge Maybe It can help you.

Hi @Matgen84 I have looked at that thanks, for the section that relates to APFS it just says to leave at default which I have done.

I'm going to try -1 for MinDate and MinVersion just as a test.

EDIT: That didn't make any difference.

Edited by D-an-W
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 紫米 said:

Hello! My Hackintosh can't boot Big Sur beta 5 with the latest OC 0.6.1 & kexts.
but it can boot Big Sur beta 4 & recovery correctly.
Anybody have ideas to fix this error?

The specs of my Hackintosh:
CPU: i7-7700K
GPU: AMD-R9 270X 2GB
MainBoard: ASUS PRIME Z270-A (BIOS: 1302)

IMG_2519.jpeg.46cb9a027a9b674bc3a8409178fc68be.thumb.jpeg.f45fe2a8ef064ce402e51918438287f9.jpeg

EFI.zip

There are some things that don't look right. the bios rom file in ACPI, the order of your plists are not normal.   You may want to get a new sample plist and start over.  Use OpenCore Sanity Checker, and Propertree to edit it.   Google both to download them.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.31.11 PM.png

hello @Gigamaxx 

It was similar for me, I was able to boot with Open Core 0.6.1 Nightly Build 8/18/2020 but Mojave no longer worked with it
booting with it and no recovery boot worked, neither from Catalina nor from Big Sur Beta4 and also not Beta5.

I am then back to Open Core 0.6.0 Final, released on August 3rd, 2020. With that I can boot everything again, including all Recovery

• Like 1

@Gigamaxx Thanks for reply! 

The 1302 file is not bios rom, it is a blank file to note down bios version.

I can confirm that the structure of config.plist is correct.

964713966_2020-08-2611_31_54.png.aeac03fd840019e74e7cdc06cdc22782.png

I just change the order to make me feel better.

then I still fix it to default order, but I get the same error.

The EFI is fixed version.

EFI.zip

9 minutes ago, 紫米 said:

@Gigamaxx Thanks for reply! 

The 1302 file is not bios rom, it is a blank file to note down bios version.

I can confirm that the structure of config.plist is correct.

964713966_2020-08-2611_31_54.png.aeac03fd840019e74e7cdc06cdc22782.png

I just change the order to make me feel better.

then I still fix it to default order, but I get the same error.

The EFI is fixed version.

EFI.zip

Try using Open Core Sanity Checker.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj0qMrr_rfrAhXpFjQIHdmMAn8QFjAAegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fopencore.slowgeek.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw3vc7b10-hRY_8BjVBDDl2Y

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 9.02.12 PM.png