OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

hi guys
how to fix this issue related to ocvalidate utilitie
how to appendite it to config.plist
1336363881_ScreenShot2020-08-12at03_23_45.png.2d7d8619851469cd145b3b6568090961.png

I told you how in a different thread.
Please don’t double post.
Drag and drop ocvalidate into terminal then drag and drop your config.plist from finder into terminal window and press enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CappeXXIII said:

I know, it's my mistake. I configurated new macOS using nv_disable=1, enabled Remote Screen and removed nv_disable. So i rebooted and connected using VNC but i can see the same thing: a black screen with working pointer.

Try the attached SSDT.

I changed the boot-display to @0,AAPL,boot-display.

SSDT-GFX0.aml

Also, post your IOREG once you have booted with nv_disable=1.

Edited by MacNB

6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys,

I don't know it it has been discussed or not but I couldn't find anything regarding this matter so my question is: Is there any way to patch DoNotSeal option in Big Sur installation on the fly with OpenCore? Is that even possible to do it without having to edit the UpdateOptions.plist to prevent macOS to seal APFS Volume during installation?

Actually I had a thought on this as well if the OC Devs could include a way of bypassing the sealing of that volume in BS during installation. I suppose  they would have to circumvent Apple's Security method and then the difficulty to apply such method also what impact it would have on future updates/upgrades etc. I suppose with the on going work load the Devs already have, it is something not necessarily on their radar but would be interesting to hear their thoughts. To be honest I for one is not bothered by the DoNotSeal option, I install BS as is every time and has no problems with the installation every install.

Hi Guys.

After upgrading OC from 0.5.9 to 0.6.0 I've got this weird boot problem. With OC 0.5.9 and 0.6.0 beta everything works flawlessly. Have I missed something. 

Can't figure out what is wrong. Is there anybody out there having any clue?

Attached is my config.plist

IMG_0567.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 09.29.25.png

config.plist

Hi Folks,

I am trying to get Macos running on a Toshiba Satellite L50-C-22l using opencore 0.6. I have been able to get Catalina & BigSur public Beta running on a Dell 3020 with a I5 Haswell CPU and GT710 gpu and everything is working without issue with overall performance and boot time improving when switching from Clover to Opencore. So as a secondary project I though I would try to get same running on the Toshiba Satellite L50-C-22l using Dorthania's laptop guide for Broadwell and I am getting no panics. I created the SSDT's using SSDTtime and double checked the config.plist using the sanity checker. As you can see from the image below I am getting to the installer screen in BigSur but it is very distorted. I am getting the same when booting to Catalina. I have looked at a lot of forums on here and other Hachintosh sources and while this seems very common relating to the HD 5500 from Yosemite to Catalina, Nobody has posted an actual fix.

I have tried:

Applying framebuffer patches in the config.plist.

Changing UEFI -> Resolution in the config.plist.

All kexts & Drivers are the latest versions.

I cannot enable the legacy or CSM boot mode on this laptop as otherwise the USB will not boot.

There are no settings in bios to assign memory to GPU.

Someone posted that putting the laptop to sleep and then waking the system can fix this issue  but it has not worked for me and it seems a poor fix even if it did work. I have attached my EFI so any fixes or suggestions would be welcome.

EFI.zip

E09E9C58-1E95-47EA-863B-707424A1A5DF_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.5846598a525d0850917c2dbf2c046890.jpeg

20 minutes ago, obus said:

Hi Guys.

After upgrading OC from 0.5.9 to 0.6.0 I've got this weird boot problem. With OC 0.5.9 and 0.6.0 beta everything works flawlessly. Have I missed something. 

config.plist

Hi

Do you update your kexts to the latest version! You can check your config.plist via  Dortania Guide for Skylake

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, obus said:

Kext updated and config.plist checked and updated according to Dortania guide/Skylake X/W. 

Any other ideas?

Sorry, no ideas :cry:  PlatformInfo section is not correct (I think) : for Generic, use GemSMBIOS (Dortania Guide) to complete values. Imac17,1 is recommended for your CPU.

Edited by Matgen84

14 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

OCConfigCompare says you are missing a Key in your Config. I don't know if it matters, though. You can copy it over from the sample.plis

That missing key isn't the problem (could be deleted according to Dortania Guide).

Thank's anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, obus said:

Hi Guys.

Problems solved. Deleted NVMeFix.kext from config.plist and kext folder. Now booting as it should.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by obus
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Yesterday, I upated OpenCore to the latest build (0.6.1 Nightly) which has a new Security option called "SecureBootModel" which is set to "Default". In my case I had to disable it otherwise the system wouldn't boot. Normally it should not interfere the boot process if apple secureboot is disabled but in my case it did. Just in case, somebody else is facing issues after updating.

From the "Differences" PDF:

Try setting the value for Misc/Security/SecureBootModel to your SMBIOS. For example, if you're running MacPro7,1, set it to j160.

As was said earlier, the new secure boot features are in a state of flux. If you have debug logs, please provide them so bugs can be crushed. If not, hang tight till the devs expand on the feature. It is currently not complete.

7 hours ago, CappeXXIII said:

iMac di Gabriele.ioreg

But now i realized that when i am connected with the vga it sees another monitor on the right. how can i disable it? I need only VGA, DVI and HDMI can be disabled

iMac di Gabriele.ioreg

This is now becoming off-topic as it's no longer related to OpenCore in this thread.

But I'll answer.

GeForce 2xx series GPU's only really supported two outputs.

The VGA output is a mirror of either the HDMI or the DVI depending on the manufacturer.

So it appears as if the VGA connector is working.

Regarding your issue, I do not understand what you mean by "it sees another monitor on the right" if you only have ONE screen attached.

I suggest you continue this discussion in the other thread where you have been replying and I sent you a new SSDT as it's no longer related to OpenCore.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Hackintoshs but am doing my best to get things running on my box.  I've add my machine specs to my profile so hopefully they'll show up below this post.

After following the guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/) to create a bootable USB my machine is crashing immediately after selecting "macOS Base System (External)"

The error says:

ACPI: 12 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded

panic(cpu 8 caller 8xfffffff8818f8776f): Kernel trap at 8xffffff881dda12ee, type 14=page fault, registers:

I've attached a copy of my EFI directory and a photo of the error I see.

I've looked at the trouble shooting page (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html) and found the section (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#kernel-panic-on-invalid-frame-pointer)

For me, changing DevirtualiseMmi, EnableWriteUnprotector, RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions had no effect.  Changing SetupVirtualMap to false resulted in me getting stuck on EndRandomSeed (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#stuck-on-endrandomseed).

The troubleshooter for this problem suggests changing the same properties as for the 'invalid frame pointer' issue.  Changing anything except SetupVirtualMap has no effect and I continue to get stuck.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips people can give me on what to try next.

Regards,

Peter

EFI.zipbooterror.thumb.jpg.5c89ba82af304b5d0ed0bb0da952d0e2.jpg

I would like to ask the dev regarding sealed snapshots, since Big Sur does not boot of a "live", vol

how does this impact:-

updating of OpenCore, since we have a sealed snapshot?

updating of Kernel Extensions, again since we do not boot off a live vol ?

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.36.57.png

When I try to boot into recovery I have only the option of disc util and or

re install mac os big sur

currently using Opencore 061

Current Os big sur Beta4

Edited by fuzzylogic

19 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

I would like to ask the dev regarding sealed snapshots, since Big Sur does not boot of a "live", vol

how does this impact:-

updating of OpenCore, since we have a sealed snapshot?

updating of Kernel Extensions, again since we do not boot off a live vol ?

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.36.57.png

When I try to boot into recovery I have only the option of disc util and or

re install mac os big sur

currently using Opencore 061

Current Os big sur Beta4

To update opencore and/or kexts you just need to mount the appropriate EFI partition, where your OpenCore EFI resides

For editing /S/L/E or user/L/E kexts read fusion71au's post here.... 

Edited by polkaholga
  • Like 1

Hi Guys

Sorry for my stupid question :yes: : my BIOS (Z390 mobo) show up 'OpenCore' instead of 'UEFI:KingSton...' (my USB stick). After several Reset NVRAM, the OpenCore mention disappears.

How to avoid 'Opencore' in BIOS Boot list ? Thanks for helping me.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Guys

Sorry for my stupid question :yes: : my BIOS (Z390 mobo) show up 'OpenCore' instead of 'UEFI:KingSton...' (my USB stick). After several Reset NVRAM, the OpenCore mention disappears.

How to avoid 'Opencore' in BIOS Boot list ? Thanks for helping me.

I don't think it matters that much, whether the named disk shows up or Opencore as long as you can boot the disk or if multi-booting, any other other OS, but if you don't like the name Opencore, you will need to make the change in the BIOS and enable the name disk and disable the name Opencore from the boot list. This is not permanent though. because when ever you clean the NVRAM, the name Opencore will appear in the boot list again. If there is a fix to permanently to remove the name OC I don't know and quite frankly, I don't think it is a problem one should concern them selves with, the mere ability to boot BS should be sufficient especially how much the OS has changed from the previous ones before it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't think it matters that much, whether the named disk shows up or Opencore as long as you can boot the disk or if multi-booting, any other other OS, but if you don't like the name Opencore, you will need to make the change in the BIOS and enable the name disk and disable the name Opencore from the boot list. This is not permanent though. because when ever you clean the NVRAM, the name Opencore will appear in the boot list again. If there is a fix to permanently to remove the name OC I don't know and quite frankly, I don't think it is a problem one should concern them selves with, the mere ability to boot BS should be sufficient especially how much the OS has changed from the previous ones before it.

@eSaF

I work (test) with several bootloader on my USB key: this is the reason why 'Opencore' show up in BIOS, is annoying for me  (I don't want to use multi-boot because I've got 3 separated disk)